Hourglass Cosmetics

katred

Specktra Bestie
7795c0bb_image.jpeg
Confirmed shades. Still disappointed that the two blush shades are repeats from last year but I want to try everything else. I have a sephora gift card I've been holding on to since last christmas and I think I'll use it on this.
Well, this will make the third Luminous Flush for me. I have last year's palette and the full size version. It'll also be the third Dim Light, since I have a full size and palette version of that as well. I don't mind having extras, but since the bronzer is too Orange on me, I'd be buying it essentially for the one limited powder. I'm still tempted...

bunnypoet

I have three of the colors, but I'll probably be tempted to get this palette. I'm disappointed that Mood Exposure is one of the blushes. I have this and it pulls a bit too warm on me. Still want the palette though. Gahh.

Bubek07

Confirmed shades. Still disappointed that the two blush shades are repeats from last year but I want to try everything else. I have a sephora gift card I've been holding on to since last christmas and I think I'll use it on this.
woooot spacenk is gonna have it <3
no customs ror bs woooot its soooo gonna be mine

lovebeauty6

I'm years late to the hourglass party lol but I am definitely planning to pick this beauty up since I don't have anything hourglass yet.

sullenxriot182

I can't bring myself to pull the trigger. There's too many repeats of stuff I already have to justify buying this right now, especially with all the other holiday stuff coming out. Le sigh ....

BrittLuvsMakeup

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, especially since so many people are excited about the new Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette, however, I think everyone who has purchased or intends on purchasing this product should be aware of how much product they're getting for the price the company is asking for it.

Credit: @angelamarytanner and @trendmood1 on instagram

Quote from @trendmood1:

Unfortunately, the amount of product in the whole new palette $80 is LESS than the amount of one single shade $45. Each powder is .049 ounces. .049 × 6= .294 ounces. So let's do some comparison. A regular hourglass powder is .35 ounces for $45. The ambiant lighting palette is $58. Each powder is .116 ounces, times 3 = .348 ounces. So for this new palette with 6 powders you're getting less product for $80

Quote from @angelamarytanner:
Just for further reference a makeup geek eyeshadow has .064 oz of product. AKA the hourglass powders in this palette are smaller than a standard eyeshadow.

Despite the costs for the amount of product that is included in the palette, it is still valuable to have for those who prefer the convenience of having all of the shades in a single palette, especially if they do not have most of the shades included or if they have no desire to lug around or store single shades. However, if you are concerned about the monetary value of the product in regards to how many ounces you are receiving for the amount of money that it costs, I would suggest that you either go in store when it's available to see it in person to determine if you are satisfied or unsatisfied with the size, or see what others say about it once they have it in hand since some people's orders have already arrived or will be arriving to them soon. For those who have already purchased it, you can return it if you don't think it fulfill your needs or keep it if it does. Either way, I hope those who decide to purchase it or keep it if they have already purchased it are happy with their items (because that's what matters at the end of the day) and for those of you who don't want to purchase it can find something that can make them equally as happy since a plethora of holiday items are coming out.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I love the look of the palette and I want that new highlighter shade, but it's looking like less and less of a good option for me. I have four of the six shades and I'm not sure the bronzer, however lovely the texture, will work for my skin tone. I swatched it on my arm in store, and it looked really deep and orangey. Now seeing the size, I feel like it should be priced almost like a value set, which means, if anything, it should be less than the ambient lighting palette.

lovebeauty6

I wanted this so bad it was what I was the most excited for of all the coming holiday stuff. I even signed up for the waiting list and it sucks it was a big let down for me. Seeing pics of the product and the size of the pans being way to small. I saw that quarter comparison pic and it was the nail on this. And that pricing tho. Disrespectful. I think I'm gonna go for the Tarte holiday blush set instead forget about hourglass for now.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I wanted this so bad it was what I was the most excited for of all the coming holiday stuff. I even signed up for the waiting list and it sucks it was a big let down for me. Seeing pics of the product and the size of the pans being way to small. I saw that quarter comparison pic and it was the nail on this. And that pricing tho. Disrespectful. I think I'm gonna go for the Tarte holiday blush set instead forget about hourglass for now.
I agree with you. If the pans here had been the size of the ones in the previous palettes, I would have been fine with paying this price. But the value equation is just poor here. In most cases, cost per shade goes down as palette size goes up. This one just doesn't make any sense. Too bad, because I was looking forward to the new highlight shade.

stormborn

I'm in the same predicament as most of you! I was in love with the palette when I saw previews but now that I know how small it is, I'm not sure I want to pick it up anymore. On one hand I LOVE the shades, but on the other, I'd rather spend a little more and get more product (the three pan palette and a blush, for example). I'm just not sure which colours would best suit me. I'm around an NC20. Anybody have any recs? I'm actually completely new to the ALPs so I have no idea!

Haviggi

I'm in the same predicament as most of you! I was in love with the palette when I saw previews but now that I know how small it is, I'm not sure I want to pick it up anymore. On one hand I LOVE the shades, but on the other, I'd rather spend a little more and get more product (the three pan palette and a blush, for example). I'm just not sure which colours would best suit me. I'm around an NC20. Anybody have any recs? I'm actually completely new to the ALPs so I have no idea!
I felt the same thing so i purchased the ambient light palette and the blush in Incadescent Electra instead! I paid 15 euros more but the amount of product i get definately gives justice to the price difference plus i wasn't so impressed by the ambient strobe highlighter from the edit palette.

JulieDiva

I am a NC15 -20 . I have the hourglass powder palette of 3 and love that. I have the blsuh i mood lighting, which is a cool, plummy pink shade which I love.

Latest posts