i dislike NARS

ashleydenise

I'm not too much of a fan of NARS either. I have 2 of the eye shadow duos and I feel as if the color fades quickly for me =[ I am going to buy one of the singles since I've been looking at Night Porter (I believe) for a LONG time. Hopefully it works better for me =]

switchblade

I think the reason why I was never really hooked on NARS is because of their packaging. The rubber material easily gets dirty and it could be quite difficult to clean. I only have a couple of shadows, a brush and a palette, and I never got any of the blushes. I wish they made refillable palettes, it would be more convenient.

geeko

I've a couple of items from nars...Not a lot 4 blushers and 3 e/s duos

and i'm love their blushers.... But as with most other people...i hate the rubbery packagin. turns sticky after a while even though i keep them in the boxes... arghh

RedRibbon

I find that NARS is hit and miss.

I've opened my eyes a lot more about it over the past year.

The glosses I have used are always pigment packed. Their matte lipsticks were a bit dry for me (compared to other matte ones I've used) and they felt oily at the same time, if that makes sense?

The biggest let down for me is the pigmentation (or lack of it) on their new releases.

I wanted the Daphne eyeshadow as the colour in the pan was gorgeous but when I swatched it, there was practically NO colour.

The blushes are pigmented enough so fantastic for darker skins but I find myself having to be careful as even with a light hand, I can look overdone.

iqaganda

Probably the thing that I don't like about NARS are the glitters that they put into their powder blushes. Yes! It's annoying enough since it clogs to my pores everytime I use it! My very first NARS purchase was an Orgasm blush and right after the first time I used it, I swapped it away. Tsk Tsk.

User38

^ Agree with you on the glitter -- Super Orgasm was the worst, imo. However, I do believe NARS is getting with the program -- Consumers do not like that much heavy glitter.. and they are working on it. Don't rule out NARS, they have a lot of great products.

katred

Specktra Bestie
When I first saw Super-Orgasm, I thought it was some kind of joke. I couldn't believe people would actually put something that glittery on their face on purpose. I actually avoided NARS for a long time because my initial experience was lame, but lately I have found a lot more things that I like. Their strengths seem to be their powder shadows and their blushes. I'm not 100% sold on their lipsticks, but they do have some nice sheer colours. I think they just need to be as adventurous with the lips as they have been with the eyes and they will be a huge player.
^ Agree with you on the glitter -- Super Orgasm was the worst, imo. However, I do believe NARS is getting with the program -- Consumers do not like that much heavy glitter.. and they are working on it. Don't rule out NARS, they have a lot of great products.