i dislike NARS

L1LMAMAJ

i agree, temptasia.

iono if it's me but some of the shadows stain my brushes. i used the green in the misfit duo and my mac 239 brush is still green. ugh i washed it a million times with soap, brush cleaner, cleanse off oil. ugh

enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnii
I haven't tried all that many Nars products because I was totally put off by the smell of the lip gloss. Do all of their products have a strong fragrance?

That's the one thing I don't like about NARS. All of the lip products that I've tried have the same smell. It's almost like they've gone rancid, even though they're brand new. It's such a shame because the formula is nice.

I really, really love NARS though. It's my second favorite brand, right behind MAC.
love.gif

SUMM3RxBABii

I don't really have much experience with NARS but I actually think it's great. My mom sees me wearing the Orgasm blush and she actually bought it with the brush. haha

shontay07108

The nars gloss smells like ear wax to me, but I don't notice it at all once I apply it. I happen to like Nars a lot. They have the best blushes hands down and I like their lipsticks and glosses. I have a couple of their shadow duos and they are good, but I am not attracted to many colors in their collection.

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
The nars gloss smells like ear wax to me, but I don't notice it at all once I apply it. I happen to like Nars a lot. They have the best blushes hands down and I like their lipsticks and glosses. I have a couple of their shadow duos and they are good, but I am not attracted to many colors in their collection.

agreed!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:

That's what I said first but now I have like 8 duos and 2 more coming in the mail
cutey.gif
Cheyenne duo is heaven for girls with hazel eyes like me. I think most of their duos are brilliant. Though I obviously also love their blushes and lipsticks.

MizzMelroseMood

I love NARS, the prices could be a lil lower and I wish they'd change the lipgloss taste to something yummy but overall it's def a fab quality brand. Their blush is amazing.

L1LMAMAJ

i'm a fan of their blushes. super pigmented and easy to blend. their eyeshadows still don't do it for me. i'll stick with mac eyeshadows.

Curly1908

Quote:

Just as a side note, you may not notice the smell/taste once you apply it because you've grown accustomed to it. That's not to say that other people can't smell it.

I thought a friend was having a super funky breath day, but it turns out she was wearing a Nars lippie.
nope.gif

iShadow

NARS is my favorite. :x Some of their eyeshadows have an icky texture, but what line doesn't have a few like that? Idk.

NARS is one of my favorite cosmetics brands but I have to agree that there are a few "miss" products -just like with any other brand. For instance, I love there blushes but some of the colors I've bought like (Taj Mahal and Mata Hari) look CRAZY on me -but that's just because of my skintone. Some of their eyeshadows aren't pigmented at all like Silent Night (a few others too but can't remember off the top of my head.) I've loved all the palettes I've owned so far except for the palettes that had eyeshadows/blushes/and glosses together -the glosses always get all powdery. I think The Multiple is HORRIBLE in "palette" form so you have to go with regular "stick form." The glosses aren't for everybody. I personally love it because it's moisturizing and longlasting on my very dry lips but I know many who dislike it because it's tacky and smells like crayons! I thought the Orgasm Illuminator made my skin look oily (and I have dry skin.) Oh, and the lipsticks tend to feel a wee bit drying on me -but I do like the colors!! The lipsticks in palette form were VERY hard to work with and are too stiff.

themakeupdrawer.blogspot.com

This is just my rant on a few different products. I do love NARS and it's one of my favorite brands because of the products I have had success with. Some products were complete misses for me but I think that ALL brands have misses too so it doesn't bother me. My favorite products are their blushes, eyeshadows (esp. palettes), and glosses.

kimmae17

Just wanted to add, that the nars eyeshadow primer has worked wonders for my Nars creme eyeshadows! UDPP never helped with creasing for nars creme ones before. but their primer is great! its made me rediscover my love for my not often used nars creme eyeshadows

Redaddict

I love their blushes (I have Super Orgasm, Deep Throat and Mata Hari but I want more!) although they are crazy expensive here in Australia so I would always buy them overseas. However, their lipsticks I HATE. That's not fair, I've only tried one; the famous Roman Holiday. It was such a pretty colour but I found it horribly drying and it smelt disgusting. I should pay $58AUD for THAT?! No way! I took it back and I'd never try their lipsticks again.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redaddict
I love their blushes (I have Super Orgasm, Deep Throat and Mata Hari but I want more!) although they are crazy expensive here in Australia so I would always buy them overseas. However, their lipsticks I HATE. That's not fair, I've only tried one; the famous Roman Holiday. It was such a pretty colour but I found it horribly drying and it smelt disgusting. I should pay $58AUD for THAT?! No way! I took it back and I'd never try their lipsticks again.

It's a shame that NARS makes such beautiful and unique lippies, but the formulations are so disgusting that they prevent people from buying.
ssad.gif

I've loved almost every color I've swatched, but the smell/taste is too horrible for me to look past.
nope.gif

elektra513

I think some people are just more particular than others about their ideal product formulations. I have no problem with their lippies; my all-time fave lipsticks have been from Nars (Falbala being #1). I have noticed the foundation scent to be a little weird, but stuff like that doesn't bother me if it performs well...To each their own.

gabi03

Quote:

Yes NARS' eyeshadows are largely variations of neutral tones, with a few bright ones here and there. I feel its almost a line that targets towards the late 20's early 30's crowd in terms of colors. Which is cool with me, I'll rely on MUFE for my bright shades
drools.gif

Redaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I think some people are just more particular than others about their ideal product formulations. I have no problem with their lippies; my all-time fave lipsticks have been from Nars (Falbala being #1). I have noticed the foundation scent to be a little weird, but stuff like that doesn't bother me if it performs well...To each their own.

You're right, of course and you're lucky it doesn't bother you as they ARE lovely colours (I nearly tried them again because niagara looks so gorgeous but I couldn't forget the roman holiday disaster). I didn't think I was particularly sensitive to these sorts of things. This is the first time I've ever experienced this problem.

Redaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Just as a side note, you may not notice the smell/taste once you apply it because you've grown accustomed to it. That's not to say that other people can't smell it.

I thought a friend was having a super funky breath day, but it turns out she was wearing a Nars lippie.
nope.gif

LMAO at this! It's hilarious (and horrifying!)