I think i bought a fake Tiffany necklace

Hilly

Why oh why do I shop on ebay????

I bought the oval tag necklace, return to tiffany. And I have been looking at the guides online and stuff and the necklace seems ok, but the jewlery pouch is horrible!

I know how to make a claim and all that, but does anyone have a round tag bracelet and oval tag necklace where they can compare the size of the links for me? I have the round tag authentic bracelet and the links seem a little larger on the bracelet than they do on the alleged necklace i have.
Any tips or anything would greatly help.

Thanks!

Here is the pic of the auction from ebay.

f720_1.jpg

TISH1124

I'm so sorry...I only have the bracelet...Is there a Tiffany & Co near you that you can take it to for them to look at it?

Hilly

There is one in Houston at the Galleria. I will go there. I am pretty embarrassed
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Just tell them you got it as a gift and you wanted to make sure it was real....
There is a link online on how to tell a Fake TC&Co ..I am looking for the link

MiCHiE

The only thing that really sticks out, IMO, is the lobster clasp. It looks really big, but I'm not near my necklace to weigh in for sure.

rbella

Here are some pics of my bracelet bought at the Galleria Tiffany store. I don't know if this helps or not, but hope it does! It's kinda beat up cuz I've had it for awhile.

Tiff_Bracelet.jpg

Tiff_Bracelet2.jpg

Tiff_Bracelet3.jpg

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Here are some pics of my bracelet bought at the Galleria Tiffany store. I don't know if this helps or not, but hope it does! It's kinda beat up cuz I've had it for awhile.

Tiff_Bracelet.jpg

Tiff_Bracelet2.jpg

Tiff_Bracelet3.jpg

Love that! If you take it in Tiffany's they will polish & buff it up like new for you...

I want the new heart necklace & bracelet for my birthday

Hilly

I am 100% sure the bag is fake. Ive compared it with my other bags. It's pretty cheezy. But the necklace, I just dont know. Thank goodness I paid with paypal. It is protected.

The only thing on the necklace is the size of the links that really makes me unsure. the tag itself with the writing seems pretty comparable with my bracelet.

I wonder how many links it should have...

TISH1124

The tiffany toggle necklace is 16 inches long. " The dog tag necklace and the heart tag necklace are both 15.5 inches long, they both fasten in the front and they ARE engraved with "please return to tiffany."

The lobster clasp on a Tiffany bracelet or necklace will show EXCELLENT workmanship, if it looks like it's a cheapie, it's not Tiffany. In fact, the entire piece should be heavy and feel SOLID in your hand. Also, here's a little secret, the lobster clasp will ALSO be stamped 925, at the base of the clasp.

• Authentic item comes in a beautiful bag that is made well and the color inside is the same as outside. Some fake bag sare white on the interior. The authentic bag usually feels thicker and of more quality material. The writing on the outside feels almost deeply printed within the material and the fake feels like it was stamped on there. The authentic font looks darker and the fakes usually look faded. The color of the fake bags look darker than the bright authentic ones. If you look at the craftsmanship of the bag on interior and exterior, you can tell.

One of the easiest things to spot is the pouch. IF THE POUCH IS FAKE it's logical to assume THE JEWELRY IS ALSO FAKE!

There are a few things that are common to all
AUTHENTIC "Tiffany Blue" drawstring pouches no matter how old the pouch is.

Hilly

So now that we know the pouch is 100% fake, should I just contact the seller know and tell her it's fake? Or should I file a claim first straight into paypal? Any ideas?

TISH1124

^^ I would tell her him/her first that you have verified that it is not authentic and ask her where would she like it returned to...Just for her response

Then file a paypal complaint to get your money back...There is an option for Item not as described ..(.Described as Authentic but it was not )

Hilly

Here is what I have so far

Hello,
I received my necklace today (thank you for the fast shipping), but I am highly suspect of the authenticity of the item. I have compared the pouch to my authentic pouch as well as online guides from ebay and the pouch checks out to be fake.
I am very nervous about the overall authenticity of the item and would like to return it.

What else shoudl I put?

rbella

You're welcome, sweets. I would note that the links are set up quite differently in the necklace and the bracelet. The necklace looks like the links are intertwined odd, like vertical, horizontal. On the real necklace and bracelet they are intertwined and all lie horizontal. I hope that makes sense?

Hilly

thanks for all your helps guys. WHen I get my money back, i am just going to buck up and buy one from the store!