I think i bought a fake Tiffany necklace

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Love that! If you take it in Tiffany's they will polish & buff it up like new for you...

Thanks, I didn't know this. My husband got me a new charm in Sept. for my birthday and it makes my others look so dull. He got me the new Tiffany shopping bag charm. It is so adorable. For Valentines Day this past year he got the heart shaped lock that has LOVE on it. I also want the new Tiffany Notes round lock charm. I just love these.

TISH1124

^^ Yeah When I go the mall I just drop mine off and come back before I finsh shopping..They clean them and buff them free...They look all pretty and new when they are finished. They should as much as they cost for Sterling Silver!

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
And the letters on the Bag does not look Consistent with the Tiffany Black lettering

I've saved all my bags over the years (and I must have 2 dozen by now) and the lettering is always changing. Same with the bags. And I only shop at the store on Bloor Street, not eBay.

I've also sold some of my silver Tiffany on eBay and I always weigh the item and tell the bidders what the item weighs. The fakes are very, very light, very unsubstantial, although they look very similar. Does your necklace have some heft to it?

Hilly

I got a response!

I had no idea, I apoligize!!! Thank you for telling me, send it back and you'll of course get your money back. Again I am so so sorry

I still filed a claim with paypal to be safe on my end when I ship it back.

Is that what I do? Or should I wait for a paypal response from her to send it back?

TISH1124

Girl...you know it's fake...Put your CSI kit up!
th_LMAO.gif
You're too funny

kimjunae

The necklace looks real, but the bag looks fake, definitely. I have the necklace, picked out and paid at the Tiffany store; I was a little surprised the links were NOT ROUND like the bracelets. They are OVAL. Saying that, the oval shape makes the links appear smaller, so yes, the chain will look small. But, is it heavy? It's supposed to feel like a good weight in your hand. Try buffing it too, like you normally would with a silver cleaning cloth; does it scratch/shine easily? Not everything on eBay is fake, but if you don't want to take your chances then you're on the right track. All in all, the necklace looks and just like mine from the picture you provided. Good luck
smiles.gif

Hilly

heheh at least she is nice about it! I hope she stays nice lol!

I am going to insure it and do delivery confirmation!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimjunae
The necklace looks real, but the bag looks fake, definitely. I have the necklace, picked out and paid at the Tiffany store; I was a little surprised the links were NOT ROUND like the bracelets. They are OVAL. Saying that, the oval shape makes the links appear smaller, so yes, the chain will look small. But, is it heavy? It's supposed to feel like a good weight in your hand. Try buffing it too, like you normally would with a silver cleaning cloth; does it scratch/shine easily? Not everything on eBay is fake, but if you don't want to take your chances then you're on the right track. All in all, the necklace looks and just like mine from the picture you provided. Good luck
smiles.gif

The chain should only be 15.5 " long...regardless... Which photo are you looking at the first one or the one on this page?

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
I got a response!

I had no idea, I apoligize!!! Thank you for telling me, send it back and you'll of course get your money back. Again I am so so sorry

I still filed a claim with paypal to be safe on my end when I ship it back.

Is that what I do? Or should I wait for a paypal response from her to send it back?

Thats great! So she knew it was not legit!! Yep always file a claim...that way you can get the full price back including the original shipping cost

MAC_Pixie04

That's great she was nice about it; still file the claim, and ship the item back with trackable shipping. Then post any future emails and the details of the trackable package in the Paypal chatscreen. As soon as she gets the item, she can log into Paypal and accept for request for a refund, then you'll get your money back =)

kittykit

I'm glad that she's willing to refund! I'm very careful with evilBay nowadays.

I only own the heart tag bracelet and necklace which I got from the bf when he's on biz trip in the US last summer. I'm glad they're not available here or else I'll seriously go broke.

I love this forum so much. Besides having great people on the board, we also have CSI Specktra!
greengrin.gif

Hilly

lol...well it's going back today. I am so bummed. I was looking SO forward to this necklace all week. I've been wanting it for like 4 years. lol

user79

Honestly, I would never try to buy luxury items on ebay. It may be cheaper but you just can't be sure it's real. I think it's worth it for your peace of mind and for your money to buy the real deal.
smiles.gif

Hilly

Woohoo!! I got my money back!!! The seller was very nice about everything. I really believe she was given it as a gift because she wasn't defensive or anything.
Thanks everyone for all your help!!!

msliz

You should have just bought a real tiffany necklace and not be a cheap ass. I purchased mine from the Tiffany & Co. Website. It was only $425.00 but it is not a fake.