I think i bought a fake Tiffany necklace

Hilly

Ok here is what I sent. Ihope she is nice about it. She already gave me positive feedback.

Hello,
I received my necklace today (thank you for the fast shipping), but I am highly suspect of the authenticity of the item. I have compared the pouch to my authentic pouch as well as online guides from ebay and the pouch checks out to be fake.
Here is the link:
eBay Guides - HOW TO SPOT A FAKE TIFFANY POUCH

I am very nervous about the overall authenticity of the item. I keep comparing it to the guides and the authentic necklace I have and it just doesn't match up.
I know the auction says no refunds, but the item isn't what it should be. Will you be willing to refund if I ship it back?

Thank you very much,
hillary

TISH1124

Sounds great.....even if she says no...ship it back anyway with Signature confirmation . Paypal requires proof that you sent it back before they will refund the money ...Save and forward all the coorespondence to them when they ask for it...

Hilly

Will do. Hopefully this lady isnt a scammer and it was an honest mistake. I feel so used and dirty having a fake LOL. im such a snobola sometimes..

TISH1124

We all are...But buying Tiffany , Mac etc off ebay is a crap shoot...you just never know.. Had she sold anymore of them and was her feedback good?

MAC_Pixie04

Even if she agrees to take it back, file the dispute. If you just trust her to refund you and she doesn't PayPal may not be willing to help you out after that. Also any information after you file the dispute should take place in your Paypal thread; once you file a dispute Paypal creates a chatscreen where you and the seller can communicate. If she doesn't communicate through there, you should copy and paste any emails into that screen so that Paypal can keep track of what's going on.

I had a similar situation a little over a month ago; I bought a ghd and it turned out to be fake. Thankfully the seller didn't know and agreed to refund me once I returned it, and things went very smoothly. Some people don't know, or they find out and try to recoup their loss by reselling the item.

As long as you file through paypal, even if she doesn't want to give you a refund, send it back with trackable shipping. If she doesn't want to refund it after that, you can escalate your dispute into a claim and Paypal will review it and they can compel her to refund you.

TISH1124

TIFFANY1.jpg

Hilly

she had good feedback. She was only a buyer before. So it made me think this was something from her collection she just didnt use anymore. Sighhh. lol

Hilly

I checked that, mine is just upside down..i flipped it and it looked the same. lol i about shit when i first saw that hahah

TISH1124

Upside down...Is the Claw on the right side of your neck when you put it on with the Tag lettering facing outward?

Hilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Upside down...Is the Claw on the right side of your neck when you put it on with the Tag lettering facing outward?

yes it is. it also has the 925 mark on the base of the clasp/.

Hilly

yup- i just busted out the measuring tape and it is 16".

I feel like a detective here lol