Illamasqua Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Not sure if anyone knows about this, but on the new Sephora site, I no longer see the message about Illamasqua not being available in Canada. Does that mean they ship here now?

I did notice that my Sephora had received some of the Illamasqua nail polishes recently, so hopefully, that means we'll get the rest of the brand too...

jetjet

Is the .5 shades on sephora new the shades illamasqua announced on their FB page (i think they come out next week)

shellygrrl

Staff member
They are! So the US got the new shades first, but at the expense of not getting some of the already-released ones (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7).

aradhana

Not sure if anyone knows about this, but on the new Sephora site, I no longer see the message about Illamasqua not being available in Canada. Does that mean they ship here now?

I did notice that my Sephora had received some of the Illamasqua nail polishes recently, so hopefully, that means we'll get the rest of the brand too...
i recently placed a (small) order from illamasqua....(not through sephora) i bought a blush and the sealing gel, and there was no problem for the delivery of those items.

i overheard some girls asking one of the salespeople at sephora about (i think) illamasqua products since the polishes were there, and the sales person responded something along the lines that it's due to the canadian laws regarding cosmetics vs. polishes. so maybe we'll have the rest of illamasqua at sephora soon enough?

incidentally katred, i think the new sephora here opens on june 1 or something....yay!

katred

Specktra Bestie
i recently placed a (small) order from illamasqua....(not through sephora) i bought a blush and the sealing gel, and there was no problem for the delivery of those items.

i overheard some girls asking one of the salespeople at sephora about (i think) illamasqua products since the polishes were there, and the sales person responded something along the lines that it's due to the canadian laws regarding cosmetics vs. polishes. so maybe we'll have the rest of illamasqua at sephora soon enough?

incidentally katred, i think the new sephora here opens on june 1 or something....yay!
Great news! I freaked out a bunch of workers because I stuck my head in there a couple of weeks ago to see how they were doing. I mean, they're right there on a busy street. Surely I'm not the first one to look in?

It's interesting what you were told about Illamasqua, because at the same Sephora (I'm assuming- the one at Pointe Claire) I was told last year that they wouldn't be carrying Illamasqua because the sales in the US hadn't been strong enough. I sometimes wonder if anyone outside their marketing department knows the actual story.

aradhana

Great news! I freaked out a bunch of workers because I stuck my head in there a couple of weeks ago to see how they were doing. I mean, they're right there on a busy street. Surely I'm not the first one to look in?

It's interesting what you were told about Illamasqua, because at the same Sephora (I'm assuming- the one at Pointe Claire) I was told last year that they wouldn't be carrying Illamasqua because the sales in the US hadn't been strong enough. I sometimes wonder if anyone outside their marketing department knows the actual story.
yep, definitely was the pointe-claire branch. i don't want to slag the staff there, because i've been helped by some very nice sales people, but maybe they really don't know the answer...

i know that canada doeshave some laws that make it more complicated for cosmetics companies...e.g.they make them jump through certain hoops-- a makeup artist at the nars in the bay downtown told me the new nars tinted moisturizer is supposedly spf 25 or something, but it doesn't meet one of our standards, so they aren't allowed to label it so.

in any case, i was at the sephora in ottawa last week, and the sales assistant helping me said june 1st...and i was thrilled!!!! but maybe my wallet wasn't...

toxicangel101

Sorry if this has already been asked (30 pages of thread is a lot to trawl though :s) But has anyone depotted their illamasqua eyeshadows? How easy are they? I want to get some but i dont have the space to keep them all in singles, I need to put them into my Z palettes save space.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I haven't done it as I don't have any Illamasqua eyeshadows, but I wonder if it'd be similar to depotting NYX, since they have similar packaging (squareish container)?

Rei79

i dun own any illamasqua eye shadows but i have 2 of their blushers.. and i use alcohol to depot.. overall they need a bit of patience during the process of depotting..

*JJ*

does anyone have illamasqua's powder foundation and can comment on it? i'm looking to replace my mac studio fix plus powder foundation and i love illamasqua's color range. how is the coverage?

Corally

I''ve ordered twice now and I'm really impressed with the products. Especially the blushes are great, they are sooo pigmented! But I love everything I have so far!

shellygrrl

Staff member
I put in a smallish order on their website last month during their summer sale. Got a couple of the nail polishes (Scorn and Propaganda), plus their l/s in Sangers. I tried Scorn first; it lasted on my fingers for five days... and almost nothing has lasted that long on my finger nails. Plus, Sangers is, IMO, my perfect red. Absolutely stunning.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I put in a smallish order on their website last month during their summer sale. Got a couple of the nail polishes (Scorn and Propaganda), plus their l/s in Sangers. I tried Scorn first; it lasted on my fingers for five days... and almost nothing has lasted that long on my finger nails. Plus, Sangers is, IMO, my perfect red. Absolutely stunning.
I've had my eye on Sangers for a while. Is their formula very drying? I've heard different things and while my lips aren't overly sensitive, they can get dried out from matte lipsticks.

I don't think I've ever had any polish last five days in any formula. I'll have to give Illamasqua a try!

Ingenue

I have Sangers Katred. The formula is pretty drying. I use a healthy dose of balm before I put it on.

shellygrrl

Staff member
It is a bit dry, yeah. Definitely use a balm first. (If it isn't for you, of course Illamasqua has several other reds to choose from. :))

Merula

Does anyone own any of their brushes? I would really love to own them, but the price is even higher than the MAC ones so I'm still on the fence. I'd love to finally upgrade to quality brushes.

I love Illamasqua's nail polishes, I have 9 of them so far.
bigheart.gif
The lipsticks are somewhat drying depending on the shade, but for me it's something I'm used to as they tend to do that naturally. I try to hydrate my lips prior to wearing Sangers and it looks much better. It's also very long lasting. Kontrol looks the most dry on me, while Climax is rather comfortable to wear and not as drying.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I don't own any of the brushes. That said, I can tell you all Illamasqua's brushes have synthetic bristles.

tats

I just bought this crazy Apocalips lipstick(and loads more stuff) I just fell in love with the colour of the lipstick. I hope I will rock it
dance.gif

Can't wait for my package to arrive now.. ))))))

martiangurll

Did you get it yet??? I have considered ordering, but I truly live in a one horse town with little culture, and no where to wear it, so I am choosing to just live vicariously...that is a gorgeous color