Illamasqua Discussion

Cerydwen

Those are the two product's I'd picked out as my favourites too Katred. I'll need to see swatches or go to the shop to try them out - I have a few other Illamasqua products, some of whick I love and others which I've been disappointed with, so I want to check out the pignmentation and textures first. I also have to admit to having defected somewhat to Morgana Criptoria's lip products - I loved the new balms I bought - and she's putting her new lipsticks and glosses online next week, so I'm waiting to see what she has come up with.

LeeleeBell

For those of you lucky enough to have seen/bought these already...I am really really neeeding swatches of : Belladonna l/g, Ambition blush and Morale Blush....

Prettty Please, with sugar on top!

Sephora.com is such a tease...they had them on the list of products but then of course, they are not in stock
icon_eek.gif

shellygrrl

Staff member
They should be available on the 8th or so; that's when Theatre of the Nameless is supposed to hit the counters (and I'd think that also means Sephora).

wishonastar

I've ordered Belladonna Intense Lipgloss, Depravity and Androgen Cream Pigments and Berber Pure Pigment, looks like such a beautiful brick red. The green lipgloss looks so cool but I'd never wear it.

LisaOrestea

Ok, I'm a bit late to the party but whilst I was out on tour I managed to get my hands on Skin Base (I went to the Glasgow counter)

It is incredible. I don't think I could ever use another day to day liquid foundation. It is so natural looking. I don't have perfect skin (far from it...I'm very acne prone. Even at 22 years old!) and I wouldn't say this stuff makes me look like I have perfect skin but it also doesn't look like I have caked loads of make up on to try and cover imperfections. It just makes my skin look better than normal.

It also holds up like a dream on stage, and photographs well too. Most foundations I have tried on stage give me a white cast (even if they don't have SPF in them which is odd.)

Here is me, towards the end of a set - kind of looking like a mess.....but my skin looks fine! Baring in mind that this was one of the hottest and craziest shows I have ever played (I front a metal band, so I'm used to looking disgusting when I come off stage haha) I would say that Skin Base is a bit of a miracle worker!

*JJ*

i'm so excited to try the skin base foundation! i had to order off the website because there's no illamasqua counter in my country. i chose SB2, i hope i finally found a foundation that's light enough for me..

For those of you lucky enough to have seen/bought these already...I am really really neeeding swatches of : Belladonna l/g, Ambition blush and Morale Blush....

Prettty Please, with sugar on top!

Sephora.com is such a tease...they had them on the list of products but then of course, they are not in stock
icon_eek.gif
Hi LeeleeBell and everyone. I've had my 4 items from the collection for nearly a week now. I couldn't even open the box for the first two days due to lack of time. I have finally edited my swatch photos (on fair and dark skin) and thoughts for my blog. You can find swatches of Belladonna, Androgen, Berber and Ambition here: http://aceyourface.co.uk/2011/09/15/illamasqua-theatre-of-the-nameless-haul-review/ . I have a swatch of a few of the other items that I did on the back of my hand at the Illamasqua counter in Birmingham see below). Just an FYI, they did not have a tester or any stock of Balladonna, which I don't understand. Illamasqua's website does not indicate it being a web-exclusive. Very confused about that.

LeeleeBell

Thanks so much, you're so sweet to post these swatches! I already bought/received Ambition and Belladonna (posted my swatches in the Illa. swatch thread) and I am SOOOOO in love with both, omg...can't even tell you how much I love em. Now your swatches are making me want Androgen too!

Hi LeeleeBell and everyone. I've had my 4 items from the collection for nearly a week now. I couldn't even open the box for the first two days due to lack of time. I have finally edited my swatch photos (on fair and dark skin) and thoughts for my blog. You can find swatches of Belladonna, Androgen, Berber and Ambition here: http://aceyourface.co.uk/2011/09/15/illamasqua-theatre-of-the-nameless-haul-review/ . I have a swatch of a few of the other items that I did on the back of my hand at the Illamasqua counter in Birmingham see below). Just an FYI, they did not have a tester or any stock of Balladonna, which I don't understand. Illamasqua's website does not indicate it being a web-exclusive. Very confused about that.

apocalypgloss

Terrific! I'm off to view the blog, now. Thank you for the preview!

There are shipping codes til Sunday midnight GMT, too. AW10 for free shipping on a £40 purchase for international (for the US, this saves me something like $13), AWUK for UK folks.

panther27

I tried to order Berber pigment off of the Illamasqua site,and it said it can't be shipped to the US.Boo Illamasqua
finger.gif

shellygrrl

Staff member
Certain products of theirs can't be shipped outside the EU. Methinks it has to do with cosmetic regulations or some such tomfoolery. Maybe, hopefully, a UKer would be willing to do a CP for you?

apocalypgloss

I had that problem with Daemon last year but then ASOS sold it and shipped it to me instead. If you can't get a CP, maybe haunt ASOS until the collection comes out there?

bis

Those of you that have Ambition, do you also have a problem of it being so crumbly? When I got it pigment was everywhere and when I use, it feels like a sandstorm (slightly exaggerated). Is this normal for the new formula?

LeeleeBell

Is this normal for the new formula?

It does seem to have more fall out/powder than the regular blushes, and as you use it up, the surface looks a bit rougher from where the shimmer particles come off. I find that the color changed a bit/darkened as I used up the first layer, strangely? Despite all of this, it's HG for me....I love it.

bis

It does seem to have more fall out/powder than the regular blushes, and as you use it up, the surface looks a bit rougher from where the shimmer particles come off. I find that the color changed a bit/darkened as I used up the first layer, strangely? Despite all of this, it's HG for me....I love it.
This is my first blush of Illamasqua, so compared to other blushes I have it is a lot more, more than an MSF even. But you are right, the color is amazing, I might even put up with the messiness :)

iqaganda

Hi! Is there any dupe thread for the Illamasqua Lipsticks and Powder Blushes? I love their color ranges but unfortunately, it's not available locally in Hong Kong... TIA! :D

PinkBasset

Has anyone tried the Freak fragrance? How is it? I'm tempted by it, but buying fragrance online without smelling it first seems a bit weird in a way, what if I don't like it at all.

PinkBasset

I'm answering to my own question, but I went and bought the Freak fragrance! I really like it, so that's great!
yes.gif
It's not "freak" at all, it's a nice floral scent, but a mysterious and interesting floral. I also got quite a few other pieces too, I'm very excited about them.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Looking forward to your reviews, Pink Basset! I'm curious about Freak, but it is such an incredible hassle to ship perfumes into Canada that a lot of companies won't even do it- or will at least strictly limit which ones they will ship. Even if Illamasqua were to send it to me, I'm worried it would get stuck in customs forever...

That said, if it's more a floral scent, I don't feel too badly about missing it. I like florals, but I'm more of an oriental scent kind of girl.