Illamasqua Discussion

shellygrrl

Staff member
Ta-da! http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P241716&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5955 (edited because: Oops!)

PinkBasset

I'm thinking about getting the Skin Base in 6 and 1. Could it be a good mix when I'm quite neutral (slight yellow undertones), and NC10-15 in Mac? I'm afraid 3 has too strong yellow undertones, and pink foundations look terrible on me, so number 2 is definitely out. 6 might be too dark on its own? I have 115 in light liquid foundation, and 133 in rich liquid, they are okay match.

My Illamasqua favorites are:

- Blushes. Cream and powder. I love all them all!
- Pigments: Static and Android.
- Medium pencils!
- Powder eyeshadows.

:)

Ingenue

Got my Illamasqua Skin Base in #15... couldn't come soon enough! I'm officially too tan for #14. So one will be my winter, and the other my summer. I'll just mix them accordingly.

LeeleeBell

Quote: Originally Posted by AceYourFaceUK

Oh and SEALING GEL! They need to make this stuff in bigger bottles. Amazing! It turns any powder into a waterproof, crease-proof paint/liner/shellac...whatever you want it to be.

How do you apply this? Do you dab some on the brush first? Any place where I can find a list of ways to use this (inspiration)? I bought it on a whim

How do you apply this? Do you dab some on the brush first? Any place where I can find a list of ways to use this (inspiration)? I bought it on a whim
Hi! the best way to use this is with loose powders. put a drop or two inside a plastic cap (or any surface. Dip the brush into the loose pigment then add it to the sealing gel and mix, mix, mix. You can add it to cake liners to, but add it in the corner and mix vigorously. When I use it with pressed eye shadows, I usually use a little spatula to scrape out the amount of eye shadow I want to use. Don't put sealing gel directly onto a pressed eye shadow because it will basically shelac the surface and you'll have to scrape it off when it dries.

@Ingenue--yeay! I'm a 15 right now and I mix mine with 12 (neutral shade) for the lighter parts of my face :).

Shypo

Oh favorites are easy for me...

SKIN BASE.... yep

Pure Pigment in Ore (I keep three in rotation)

Lipsticks in Box, Underworld, Ignite, and Salacious

Intense Lipgloss in Fierce

Metal Powder in Ether

Blush in Nymph and Expose
Hi Ingenue! What is it you like about Skin Base? I have a few Illamasqua products, and am looking to potentially add to my collection.....always interested to her your recs
winkiss.gif
. Thanks!

Ingenue

Hey Shypo!

I LOVE Skin Base... here, let me count the ways:

-You need the smallest amount of product to get the job done

-Looks like SKIN, not foundation on skin

-Buildable from sheer to full coverage with just a couple drops of product

-Sets beautifully in about 30 seconds... sometimes no need for powder

-Wears all day with minimal blotting (I have very oily skin) and looks like I'm not really wearing makeup

-Subtly adjusts to your individual shading. I'm not kidding. When I first got it I was fussing because I thought it was too light... but then it darkened just a bit on my skin, and merged right into my undertones. I was FLOORED.

**I wore it for my headshots because I trusted that it would look like I just had really great skin, not like I was wearing a ton of makeup. It worked. I really love this stuff.

Necrobelle

Hello everyone Specktra Newbie here! So i noticed that there was some Illamasqua MUAs posting on here and a few well read Illamasqua fans. :)
Hopefully someone can assist me.

Firstly i am shade 133 in Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation and from there comparison chart online there is no direct match for the skin base foundation. Does anyone know what i can do to get the shade i am looking for (maybe mix 2 or something) BTW i am very very fair skinned with a definite neutral (leaning towards yellow but more beige) undertone. Not too much pink in my skin.

Ok my second question. I gave away my Rich Liquid foundation (i am kicking myself for this) because i just could not get it to work.

i tried using my fingers, paddle foundation brush, stippling brush, dense flat top brush, fluffy blusher brush, a wet sponge, mixing it with my moisturizer. I thought i had tried everything. My result would be cakey and accentuate my dry patches, and it would just start looking worse the longer i wore it. Was there some way i could have made it work? It had such good coverage and the price point was good for me, I am thinking of picking up a sample at Sephora and trying to work with it again, but i just don't know what else to try.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

LeeleeBell

Quote: Originally Posted by Necrobelle

Ok my second question. I gave away my Rich Liquid foundation (i am kicking myself for this) because i just could not get it to work.

i tried using my fingers, paddle foundation brush, stippling brush, dense flat top brush, fluffy blusher brush, a wet sponge, mixing it with my moisturizer. I thought i had tried everything. My result would be cakey and accentuate my dry patches, and it would just start looking worse the longer i wore it. Was there some way i could have made it work? It had such good coverage and the price point was good for me, I am thinking of picking up a sample at Sephora and trying to work with it again, but i just don't know what else to try.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

RF fdtn is HG for me....Here's my routine (My skin is dry with some enlarged pores; I do get some shine in the t-zone by afternoon but its not ott)...I put on Cerave pm or am moisturizer, then my primer which is either anti chaffing gel or Illamasqua Satin primer.

I apply the foundation a little at a time, warming it up in my hands before applying. Most often, I sheer down (on top of my hand) with a drop of moisturizer or illuminator (currently that's Revlon Spa in Barelight)....I blend that in my fingers, not on a brush or sponge...You get a smoother texture that way
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]If you have dry skin like I do, b[/FONT]rushes will make your skin flaky as they cause micro exfoliation as you rub them into your skin, tapping motions with a sponge leave your skin smoother if it's dry.

I put some MSFN by MAC in the t-zone and I am usually good to go for the day

kayley123

AceYourFaceUK or any other Illamasqua ladies:
Would you say the Loose Powder in LP005 suit all skintones equally well, or does it suit lighter-tones better?

Nicala

Hi ladies! What would you suggest as a first Illamasqua product? I lucky have access to it locally so I might make a trip over and pick something up. I'm about NC25ish.

AceYourFaceUK or any other Illamasqua ladies:
Would you say the Loose Powder in LP005 suit all skintones equally well, or does it suit lighter-tones better?
Hi there! I like LP005. It's definitely pink in the pan, but you cannot detect it at all on darker (or lighter skin) once it's on. I'm a 15 in Skin Base (RL 240 + 325) and I use it in the compact form when I start to get a little oily in the t-zone area. A friend of mine is a #17 in Skin Base and uses it to set her cream and liquid foundations. I hope that helps :eek:).

The nail polishes are really impressive and I love the pigmentation of the lipsticks and Intense glosses. The loose pigments are also really versatile. You can add them to lipgloss, foundation (Static, Furor), cheek highlight (Static), nail polishes, use as eyeliner or (obviously) wear them on the eyes! Hmm, I think I might be recommending loose pigment in "Static" lol. It was my gateway drug. Happy shopping!
Hi ladies! What would you suggest as a first Illamasqua product? I lucky have access to it locally so I might make a trip over and pick something up. I'm about NC25ish.

Curly1908

Hmmm...get the n/p in "Muse" (one of my fav Illamasqua products) or the l/g in "Temper" (since I see u like reds)!

apocalypgloss

They just released Theatre Of The Nameless and I'm in love with all the visuals--

http://www.illamasqua.com/collections/theatre-of-nameless

There's so much I want from this that it is unreal, starting with the green lipgloss.

m_floffy_boes

Oh my God, the new promotional pictures are absolutely stunning. I love that Illamasqua actually TRY with their visuals, compared to Mac, whose pictures are dull and completely uninspiring. In regards to the skin base foundation, I absolutely love it. I don't have the best skin, and the amount of make-up I ordinarily have to wear to cover acne scarring is ridiculous, and quickly goes very cakey. With the skin base, it looks so natural. I still have to use a heavy duty concealer, but the difference is amazing. The only thing I find is that it's quite drying on my skin, so I've started to use a light layer of Bobbie Brown moisture rich foundation, and then buff in the Skin base over that. But yeah, love love love. Every time I start to get bored with make-up, Illamasqua rekindles my love of it with the amazing pictures!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Wow. I am totally in love with Kontrol and Violate, even though I'm sure I'd rarely use them...

Latest posts