IMATS LA 2014

itskathleeeen

I have been to LA IMATS twice the past two years and it is awesome! Like others have said, be prepared for long lines, especially at the more popular booths like MAC, Sigma, Inglot etc. Bring cash with you because some vendors don't accept credit cards. Try to get there as early as possible. Keep yourself hydrated. Also, bring makeup remover wipes! I was swatching makeup from all different kind of vendors and they really come in handy! I'll be there this January too! :)

Tashaboo

You can do it!!
Do you have anything in particular you want to see? When I went, I was dying to check out young blood, sugar pill and lime crime. Ardell was a surprise. I think I got like 15 sets of lashes for $6? I can't remember but I do remember thinking holy crap. What a steal! And the glue came free. And the ladies there were super sweet. They applied a set of lashes free and complimented me profusely on my eyes. So...of course...they were awesome. Cheap lashes and flattery = winning
So far I was looking at the list and clicking on most of them to go to their website to see what I wanted.. I know for sure Ka'oir, Mac, occ, & ardell lashes (lime crime but i don't see them on the list yet
blink.gif
as well as Roque Cozzette brushes)... I wanna go you the sugar pill, young blood, model in a bottle, makeup forever and maybe lady moss. I am kind of interested in the hakuhodo... I want to check out their brushes.... but thats if for now till I see if anything else gets added..

So do you think its worth doing 2 days or just 1???

jaeljasmine

So far I was looking at the list and clicking on most of them to go to their website to see what I wanted.. I know for sure Ka'oir, Mac, occ, & ardell lashes (lime crime but i don't see them on the list yet
blink.gif
as well as Roque Cozzette brushes)... I wanna go you the sugar pill, young blood, model in a bottle, makeup forever and maybe lady moss. I am kind of interested in the hakuhodo... I want to check out their brushes.... but thats if for now till I see if anything else gets added..

So do you think its worth doing 2 days or just 1???
So I know you don't want to hear this...but I would skip MAC altogether. You can get the products online and the discount is only 30% unless you have the 40% discount in which case then there's really no point! Stick to things you can't get locally or online. Or better yet, that you can't swatch locally. Like Inglot. Even then, you will still be stuck in that line for a really long time. I'm not talking 10-15 minutes. Depending on when you get there...an hour or two! No joke. Hit up the sugar pills, young bloods etc.

I always go 2 days. The first day (especially the first time) you're just getting your wits about you. Figuring stuff out. Don't forget that there are vendors you won't know you're interested in until you get there. So day two is perfect for that. :) I hope that helps!!

I can not wait for Naime's; trying to figure out what exactly I want from Bobbi Brown, Too Faced & Laura Mercier. I'm assuming it'll be 40% off like previous years. In the beginning, I was excited for MAC but it just seems so overrated shopping at this show. I do plan to stock up on brushes (bdellium, maybe?), lashes annnd glitter. I don't think I have any loose glitter and I've come across some beautiful swatches. I definitely want to stop by Sugarpill.

Thanks for the tip about the makeup wipes for the swatches! I didn't even think of that!

I've heard some people go in groups and shop while others wait in line as place holders. Wish I could do this but I don't think any of my friends are going :-(

janineios

I have a MAC pro card so I won't even be going near that booth. I'm definitely interested in Sugarpill, Lit cosmetics, Sigma, Naimie's, Inglot, Makeup Geek, and a few more. I'm just overall excited to see all these brands that are new to me

Shylamoma

I haven't had the opportunity to go to LA IMATS but I have gone to London and New York IMATS several times and I truly love it! I went to London for the first time just to attend IMATS and had the time of my LIFE! New York IMATS is growing so fast it sold out both days and on the first day most vendors where sold out of products! Talk about insanity! Next year I will attend IMATS LA since I have never been to LA before. If you ever get a chance I recommend attending NY and London show too!So much amazing energy, creativity, and inspiration under one roof! It gets not better! Honestly, I prefer IMATS over The Makeup Show! I just love makeup and everything you can do with it. Makeup can literally change a persons life! So grateful to have chosen to become a makeup artist!

Polish Jinx

I am going! I was wondering, aside from going to the Toronto one in November, i have never been to an IMATS before. And Toronto was NOTHING like the rest of them from what I hear!

What brands have killer discounts?

MUFE - 40% off
INGLOT - 30% off

any others that are too good to pass up?

Tashaboo

Just bought my tickets.. now on to decide where to get a room..any suggestions.. I want to try to be between pasadena and los angeles but maybe closer to pasadena.,... idk what yall think?

Yazmin

Last year when I went (my first time attending), I stayed with a friend in LA and rented a car and drove to and from Pasadena both days. This year, I stayed at the Sheraton and liked it much better because it was more convenient - I didn't have to worry about dealing with traffic or parking. I'm going again in January and will be staying at the Sheraton again.

Tashaboo

Last year when I went (my first time attending), I stayed with a friend in LA and rented a car and drove to and from Pasadena both days. This year, I stayed at the Sheraton and liked it much better because it was more convenient - I didn't have to worry about dealing with traffic or parking. I'm going again in January and will be staying at the Sheraton again
Did you rent a car?

Yazmin

Last year when I went (my first time attending), I stayed with a friend in LA and rented a car and drove to and from Pasadena both days. This year, I stayed at the Sheraton and liked it much better because it was more convenient - I didn't have to worry about dealing with traffic or parking. I'm going again in January and will be staying at the Sheraton again

Did you rent a car?
I didn't rent one because I knew I wouldn't be venturing out too far. I used Super Shuttle for my airport transfers, and I'll probably do that again.

sam bethel

I ended up selling my tickets on EBAY :( really wanted to go but my car has been giving me trouble and i'm trading it in. Would much rather be spending $$$ on makeup though!!! F U car!!!