Jeffree Star Cosmetics

rinacee

What?? Why? When were you charged that? Ridic! Edit: I saw your responses.

Thanks for the palette review. I may not bother with it.

Wearing Peach Goddess today. On my face there's no peach just gold. Pretty but nothing as unique as I hoped. I found when blending it out with the Elf small stipple as I do all my highlighters, it took a bit longer than normal with PG.

View attachment 54514
You look so pretty! I love it on you.
And yeah, it sucks! Hope they address it.
I think you can definitely pass on it. Nothing special so far!

GreenEyedAllie

Wearing Peach Goddess today. On my face there's no peach just gold. Pretty but nothing as unique as I hoped. I found when blending it out with the Elf small stipple as I do all my highlighters, it took a bit longer than normal with PG.

View attachment 54514

you beautiful human being! *faints* slaying as always :five:

Right???! You look so so pretty in all your new goodies. :bowdown:

Bubek07

Does anyone know if the beauty killer palette will be available on Beautylish? I ordered once from Jeffree Star's website but got stung badly by customs charges so I'm not too keen on ordering from him directly.

so far i ordered once, and it was only one lipstick and i didnt get charged with customs
and they are bastards here when it comes to that
it may seem i was lucky once

rinacee

Okay guys! I've worn the palette all day (going on eight and a half hours now) and I think I can finally speak to the quality and everything. I did a first impressions video earlier and uploaded it, but here are my thoughts now after wearing the look all day.
So I already talked about the packaging. I think it could be better, and it does feel a little cheap. Not the worst ever, but not as nice as the lipsticks or the Skin Frost. The pans are huge, as promised. I can't imagine hitting pan on them.
Today I used Star Power, Princess, Violence, Courtney, Vanity, China White, and Black Rainbow. There were only three colors I didn't use, and I will use them tomorrow so I can film a thorough review for YouTube. I applied them over Urban Decay Primer Potion, which I use every day. I used a brush from one of the Vice palettes to apply them. I started with Princess on my inner third, and it applied nicely. I really like the frost finishes in this palette; they work beautifully. I then put Star Power on the center. This one took a bit to build up to my desired intensity, but not too much. It is a drier matte, and that probably had something to do with it. I'm sure over NYX jumbo pencil in Milk it would have been easier. Then I used Violence (another frost, I think, though it feels more satiny) on the outer corner and blended into my crease. This color is a dream to work with. I don't normally like shades like this (I prefer cool-toned purples), but this worked beautifully with the other two colors. Then I used Vanity to deepen my outer 'v'. I LOVE this shade. I was the least excited for Vanity, but it blew me away. The texture is heavenly and it blends really well. It is super pigmented when used with a brush, and I was glad to see it blended nicely because I packed on a little too much, haha! Then I used Courtney as a transition. To be honest, it is a little too dark and orange for me to use as an "everyday" transition. But the texture is amazing and it blends so wonderfully. If I am going for a more warm look, it will work. It will make a nice lid shade. Then I used Black Rainbow on my lower lashline. While the texture and color payoff were great, the sparkles disappeared on my eye, even with NYX Milk underneath. Kind of disappointing!
By hour eight, the shadows had creased. This isn't necessarily abnormal for me in Florida, but I have had my Fyrinnae and Urban Decay last longer, well into the twelve-hour mark. I reapplied them wet to see how they work that way, and most of them worked nicely when applied with a damp brush (using MAC Fix+). Star Power was the worst applied wet, because it is such a dry matte. I may have messed up my pan--yet to be determined...Star Power/Violence/Vanity were stunning applied wet. The touch-up looks gorgeous and Courtney blends so seemlessly. I love it.
So overall, I enjoyed the look I made. There are still some shadows I am worried about (Expensive and Rich Bitch). Those two didn't have the nicest texture, and were prone to crumbling and fall-out when swatched. I'll give them a shot tomorrow.
Basically, the blend nicely and have an average weartime. Not bulletproof, but not terrible. Overall good texture. Not a unique palette though! Have the Electric palette? Savage/Jilted/Fringe have you covered on Star Power/Violence/Expensive.

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

View attachment 54514

Okay guys! I've worn the palette all day (going on eight and a half hours now) and I think I can finally speak to the quality and everything. I did a first impressions video earlier and uploaded it, but here are my thoughts now after wearing the look all day.
So I already talked about the packaging. I think it could be better, and it does feel a little cheap. Not the worst ever, but not as nice as the lipsticks or the Skin Frost. The pans are huge, as promised. I can't imagine hitting pan on them.
Today I used Star Power, Princess, Violence, Courtney, Vanity, China White, and Black Rainbow. There were only three colors I didn't use, and I will use them tomorrow so I can film a thorough review for YouTube. I applied them over Urban Decay Primer Potion, which I use every day. I used a brush from one of the Vice palettes to apply them. I started with Princess on my inner third, and it applied nicely. I really like the frost finishes in this palette; they work beautifully. I think put Star Power on the center. This one took a bit to build up to my desired intensity, but not too much. It is a drier matte, and that probably had something to do with it. I'm sure over NYX jumbo pencil in Milk it would have been easier. Then I used Violence (another frost, I think, though it feels more satiny) on the outer corner and blended into my crease. This color is a dream to work with. I don't normally like shades like this (I prefer cool-toned purples), but this worked beautifully with the other two colors. Then I used Vanity to deepen my outer 'v'. I LOVE this shade. I was the least excited for Vanity, but it blew me away. The texture is heavenly and it blends really well. It is super pigmented when used with a brush, and I was glad to see it blended nicely because I packed on a little too much, haha! Then I used Courtney as a transition. To be honest, it is a little too dark and orange for me to use as an "everyday" transition. But the texture is amazing and it blends so wonderfully. If I am going for a more warm look, it will work. It will make a nice lid shade. Then I used Black Rainbow on my lower lashline. While the texture and color payoff were great, the sparkles disappeared on my eye, even with NYX Milk underneath. Kind of disappointing!
By hour eight, the shadows had creased. This isn't necessarily abnormal for me in Florida, but I have had my Fyrinnae and Urban Decay last longer, well into the twelve-hour mark. I reapplied them wet to see how they work that way, and most of them worked nicely when applied with a damp brush (using MAC Fix+). Star Power was the worst applied wet, because it is such a dry matte. I may have messed up my pan--yet to be determined...Star Power/Violence/Vanity were stunning applied wet. The touch-up looks gorgeous and Courtney blends so seemlessly. I love it.
So overall, I enjoyed the look I made. There are still some shadows I am worried about (Expensive and Rich Bitch). Those two didn't have the nicest texture, and were prone to crumbling and fall-out when swatched. I'll give them a shot tomorrow.
Basically, the blend nicely and have an average weartime. Not bulletproof, but not terrible. Overall good texture. Not a unique palette though! Have the Electric palette? Savage/Jilted/Fringe have you covered on Star Power/Violence/Expensive.

Thank you for the awesome review! I will have to check out your video. I've been kinda meh on this since it was announced (just wouldn't use all the colors), so I probably won't get it. The Angrogyny palette sounds more my style, so it's good to know the possible quality to expect.

To fix your pan, take packing tape and press it down on the pan then remove. It will adhere to any 'junky' shadow and leave workable product. It won't look as nice (maybe), but it will fix it. I did this to a mineralize skinfinish natural that I used damp. Now I just get product on the brush and spritz with fix+.

rinacee

Thank you for the awesome review! I will have to check out your video. I've been kinda meh on this since it was announced (just wouldn't use all the colors), so I probably won't get it. The Angrogyny palette sounds more my style, so it's good to know the possible quality to expect.

To fix your pan, take packing tape and press it down on the pan then remove. It will adhere to any 'junky' shadow and leave workable product. It won't look as nice (maybe), but it will fix it. I did this to a mineralize skinfinish natural that I used damp. Now I just get product on the brush and spritz with fix+.
Thank you so much for the tip! I did that for some MAC blushes that had a weird hard film on them, but never thought to do it for shadows. Duh! Thanks!

rinacee

Thanks for that! It makes me want Confession as a single....
It is VERY close to MAC's Cranberry, though not as smooth. Confession is a tad more red and "bright", while Cranberry is more purple-ish. But they are still quite similar and would probably give a similar effect.

Chartreuse

so far i ordered once, and it was only one lipstick and i didnt get charged with customs
and they are bastards here when it comes to that
it may seem i was lucky once

i am hoping to accomplish the same thing
get away without paying the customs and satisfy my curiosity by trying one of his lippies :popc1:
though i'll probably wait for the new LE coming out in july

how big was the box your lippie came in?

Bubek07

i am hoping to accomplish the same thing
get away without paying the customs and satisfy my curiosity by trying one of his lippies :popc1:
though i'll probably wait for the new LE coming out in july

how big was the box your lippie came in?

i think it was 25x20cm
if i order again ill measure it up from you (and i probably will be pushing my luck with ordering rose matter and rich bood)
the good thing is that he doesnt write the price of shipping on the box
dont know whats the limit in serbia for things not being taxed but in cro its 22€

Bubek07

would that work on mac LE blushes
my ripe peach has layer of something on it and i cant get any pigment on my brushes
same thing with my wonder woman blush

GreenEyedAllie

would that work on mac LE blushes
my ripe peach has layer of something on it and i cant get any pigment on my brushes
same thing with my wonder woman blush

Yes! I used it on my Ripe Peach and Azalea Blossom.

What she said! But yeah, it's my understanding it should work on any powder products. I do not know about the cream-powder hybrids like EDSFs, but I would think it would.

sullenxriot182

I'm getting so annoyed with their shipping. I ordered the palette and Ice Cold last Wednesday as soon as they launched. I got a shipping confirmation the next day, and the tracking has not moved or updated since then. Still says it's in California. I emailed them and all I got for a reply was "give it up to 48 hours, we're coming out of a holiday weekend. Um, that's WAY MORE than 48 hours if ya shipped it last Thursday!!!

Bubek07

Yes! I used it on my Ripe Peach and Azalea Blossom.

What she said! But yeah, it's my understanding it should work on any powder products. I do not know about the cream-powder hybrids like EDSFs, but I would think it would.

wooohoooo
ill let you know how it went
but i really dont get whats the problem with those 2 bluses i dont use them at all due to that
if and when i used them its always with a clean brush n still that stiff layer froms
i was so excited for ripe peach and now i barely take it out of the drawer

Latest posts