Jeffree Star Cosmetics

Sabrunka

I'm gonna try and get that Jeffree Star lipstick box from Beautylish. I don't own Gemini yet, so it works out for me, especially since I was planning on buying Mannequin and Rose Matter today anyways!

laurennnxox

JS is still really upset about his King Tut highlighter issues being aired across social media. He has two big rants about it on his snap. Apparently, a couple mainstream sources picked up the story (e.g. Allure), which is probably why he's talking about it again.

I mean I kinda don't care, but he needs a PR advisor desperately. Instead of coming across as address the issues, he comes across more sulky or like he's throwing a tantrum.

Also on his snap were swatches of Lavender Snow. It looks as silvery and beautiful as I was hoping.

Man, he did seem so petulant! Really! I agree, he needs a PR rep. He'll always have a loyal fanbase that will keep him afloat-- but I think he's starting to turn off others. I've been tempted multiple times to stop. It just sucks because the liquid lips are just soo good. UGH lol.

AND THAT LAVENDER SNOW THOUGH. Oh my god. Even though I'm not super in love with PG, I feeeel like I need it. Also I'm kind of pining after Ice Cold... again. Lol. Look at me I'm so wishy washy. But I saw Jaclyn Hill mix IC and Champagne Pop and girl I about dieddddd. I also think mixing Ice Cold and Peach Goddess would really help me like it more, take away some of the pinkness and lighten it up a bit.

laurennnxox

I'm gonna try and get that Jeffree Star lipstick box from Beautylish. I don't own Gemini yet, so it works out for me, especially since I was planning on buying Mannequin and Rose Matter today anyways!

It looks cute! Of course I got Gemini the day it launched on BL so I'm not going to get the box. But I'm picking up both new shades for sure. :)

montREALady

Really tempted to get Rose Matter (and maybe Unicorn Blood) tomorrow, but also kinda feeling wishy washy. If I buy, it'll be through Beautylish.
I'm so getting it. I feel like I've been waiting since April!! Is that when he first mentioned it?

Lavender Snow highlight launching soon
View attachment 54627
This I need, I was lusting on IG yesterday about it!

The box is cute but I already have Gemini and don't really want Mannequin, lol. Great buy for you!

leonah

$54 and I believe at 10 AM PST and 1PM EST :)

thank you :) thought it would be a discounted bundle but nah I'll wait as I mostly want gemini and rose matter. need more swatches of mannequin first. have other stuff from ABH topping my list right now :rolleyes:

Last edited:

rinacee

If I didn't already have Gemini, I'd snap up the box. I DO wear Gemini very frequently, but not enough to need a new one yet. The box would be cute for travel.
I'll probably get Mannequin today as well as Rose Matter. I hope it is what I wanted Celebrity Skin to be on me.

laurennnxox

If I didn't already have Gemini, I'd snap up the box. I DO wear Gemini very frequently, but not enough to need a new one yet. The box would be cute for travel.
I'll probably get Mannequin today as well as Rose Matter. I hope it is what I wanted Celebrity Skin to be on me.

I heard that it's an "in-between" shade of I'm nude and Celeb Skin. Which is exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully it's not too concealery on me. That's what has always held me back from I'm Nude. Looks too nude/yellow undertoned insteak of pinky for me.

ughhhhhh, I really need to STOP browsing BL. I'm just killing time before the launch and I'm debating adding some LIT cosmetics glitters. I love these so much, but I only have a neutral shade, a gold, and a silver. I want something fun!

rinacee

I heard that it's an "in-between" shade of I'm nude and Celeb Skin. Which is exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully it's not too concealery on me. That's what has always held me back from I'm Nude. Looks too nude/yellow undertoned insteak of pinky for me.

ughhhhhh, I really need to STOP browsing BL. I'm just killing time before the launch and I'm debating adding some LIT cosmetics glitters. I love these so much, but I only have a neutral shade, a gold, and a silver. I want something fun!
That's the word I was looking for when I said pasty in an earlier post--concealery! I need a more pink-toned nude. I hope it works. It looks great on Jeffree in his video, but everything does.
I've always wanted to try LIT!

GreenEyedAllie

Man, he did seem so petulant! Really! I agree, he needs a PR rep. He'll always have a loyal fanbase that will keep him afloat-- but I think he's starting to turn off others. I've been tempted multiple times to stop. It just sucks because the liquid lips are just soo good. UGH lol.

AND THAT LAVENDER SNOW THOUGH. Oh my god. Even though I'm not super in love with PG, I feeeel like I need it. Also I'm kind of pining after Ice Cold... again. Lol. Look at me I'm so wishy washy. But I saw Jaclyn Hill mix IC and Champagne Pop and girl I about dieddddd. I also think mixing Ice Cold and Peach Goddess would really help me like it more, take away some of the pinkness and lighten it up a bit.

I feel like a lot of people must not be in love with IC on its own because I see a ton of mixing with it. I'm just not sure about it, but I am all over that lavender. I like PG enough to invest in LS, especially now that I've worked out how to apply it better. I think using his highlighters has a little learning curve since the formula is a bit different from others.

I bought I'm Nude, and I HATE HATE HATE HATE it. It looks TERRIBLE on me. Saw some IG posts, even on fairer skin, that made it look peachy/pinky, so I thought it would be ok. Big NOPE! It's a shame because the color it looks like when I remove it is such a pretty nude peachy pink...not on my lips, though. Because of this, I'm honestly a little hesitant on Mannequin. I'm still gonna grab it, though.

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

So instead of replying to everyone, I'll just say I agree about not getting the box. I don't need a BU Gemini enough, and I don't have anyone to give it to as a gift. Also, I have a bunch of similar size/quality boxes from subscription boxes. I was tempted because I do enough the look of it, but if I'm honest with myself, I'm already on the edge of being done with JSC, and this box would just make me think of his nastiness. So it would make me unhappy instead of happy...no point. Not to say that anyone who gets it should feel the same. If you get it, I hope you love it! :D

rinacee

So instead of replying to everyone, I'll just say I agree about not getting the box. I don't need a BU Gemini enough, and I don't have anyone to give it to as a gift. Also, I have a bunch of similar size/quality boxes from subscription boxes. I was tempted because I do enough the look of it, but if I'm honest with myself, I'm already on the edge of being done with JSC, and this box would just make me think of his nastiness. So it would make me unhappy instead of happy...no point. Not to say that anyone who gets it should feel the same. If you get it, I hope you love it! :D
You pretty much summed it all up, haha!
I desperately want Unicorn Blood or Rich Blood, but neither are on BL. I think from now on, I will mostly only make transactions through BL. For JSC anyways. Hopefully they bring Unicorn Blood back soonish. I really want a red.

GreenEyedAllie

Yeah, I think I'm done giving him my money.

Disclaimer: This soap boxing applies only to my thoughts about myself and is in no way intended to judge anyone else's motives/actions. Enjoy your life and makeup! :D

This is part of why I go through BL (to give him less money/support), but if I'm truthful with myself, I need to examine my priorities. Do I care more about great cosmetics? Or do I care more about a personality that perpetuates hate/racism/misogyny, etc.? Just because he somewhat identifies with women and just because he uses and markets to POC does not give him a pass in my book. While I do think we should give people a chance to learn and grow and apologize for past actions, that only holds true with me if you actually change (or even just legitimately are trying) those actions moving forward and not just hand wave it. It makes me so freaking mad because his formula is hands down and far away the best on me. Since Dose of Colors is apparently very very similar, I may do that instead in the future if I feel he's too poisonous.

Whew! Sorry about that....I feel kinda silly having such a moral conundrum over makeup.

laurennnxox

That's the word I was looking for when I said pasty in an earlier post--concealery! I need a more pink-toned nude. I hope it works. It looks great on Jeffree in his video, but everything does.
I've always wanted to try LIT!

Jeffree always looks great in the shades. When I saw him in Androgyny, I thought I would love it on me. It ended up being so dark on me. I have to mix it or apply a really light layer. I love pinker nudes, too. I feel you!

Oh man, LIT is so great! I really love it with their clear base/glue. It works so well, and lasts so well. I once wore it to a football game, in the florida heat in the early fall, and it didn't budge one bit! (Go Noles! :p)

Last edited:

rinacee

Disclaimer: This soap boxing applies only to my thoughts about myself and is in no way intended to judge anyone else's motives/actions. Enjoy your life and makeup! :D

This is part of why I go through BL (to give him less money/support), but if I'm truthful with myself, I need to examine my priorities. Do I care more about great cosmetics? Or do I care more about a personality that perpetuates hate/racism/misogyny, etc.? Just because he somewhat identifies with women and just because he uses and markets to POC does not give him a pass in my book. While I do think we should give people a chance to learn and grow and apologize for past actions, that only holds true with me if you actually change (or even just legitimately are trying) those actions moving forward and not just hand wave it. It makes me so freaking mad because his formula is hands down and far away the best on me. Since Dose of Colors is apparently very very similar, I may do that instead in the future if I feel he's too poisonous.

Whew! Sorry about that....I feel kinda silly having such a moral conundrum over makeup.
Not silly. I understand completely.
Jeffree always looks great in the shades. When I saw him in Androgyny, I thought I would love it on me. It ended up being so dark on me. I have to mix it or apply a really light layer. I love pinker nudes, too. I feel you!

Oh man, LIT is so great! I really love it with their clear base/glue. It works so well, and lasts so well. I once wore it to a football game, in the florida heat in the early fall, and it didn't budge one bit! (Go Noles! :p)
Wow! That is a strong base. I'm impressed. Also, GO NOLES. I, myself, am a Nole.

laurennnxox

I feel like a lot of people must not be in love with IC on its own because I see a ton of mixing with it. I'm just not sure about it, but I am all over that lavender. I like PG enough to invest in LS, especially now that I've worked out how to apply it better. I think using his highlighters has a little learning curve since the formula is a bit different from others.

I bought I'm Nude, and I HATE HATE HATE HATE it. It looks TERRIBLE on me. Saw some IG posts, even on fairer skin, that made it look peachy/pinky, so I thought it would be ok. Big NOPE! It's a shame because the color it looks like when I remove it is such a pretty nude peachy pink...not on my lips, though. Because of this, I'm honestly a little hesitant on Mannequin. I'm still gonna grab it, though.

How do you apply it now? I need to keep playing. I agree about LS, especially because it's more unique. I'd be willing to give it a go. I could probably just stick with Becca pearl instead of reaching for Ice Cold. I only have it in the CP trio, so it's a pain when it comes to traveling or anything. But again these JSC highlighters are huge so it doesn't really give me an benefits in the traveling dept.

I say try it out! You never know! Plus BL has a great return policy for sure. :) and If you hate I'm Nude, I feel like I wouldn't like it either.

laurennnxox

Not silly. I understand completely.

Wow! That is a strong base. I'm impressed. Also, GO NOLES. I, myself, am a Nole.

YES girl!! I went there for undergrad and just recently graduated from there with my MS/EdS. I moved back home to south florida but am missing Tallahassee terribly. At least, FSU itself. It's going to be bittersweet not going to anymore home games and just watching them on TV. :(