Jeffree Star Cosmetics

GreenEyedAllie

How do you apply it now? I need to keep playing. I agree about LS, especially because it's more unique. I'd be willing to give it a go. I could probably just stick with Becca pearl instead of reaching for Ice Cold. I only have it in the CP trio, so it's a pain when it comes to traveling or anything. But again these JSC highlighters are huge so it doesn't really give me an benefits in the traveling dept.

I say try it out! You never know! Plus BL has a great return policy for sure. :) and If you hate I'm Nude, I feel like I wouldn't like it either.

I've been using the RT contouring brush (the setting brush works well, too). I lightly sweep it across the product and tap off excess. Then I go back and forth over my cheeks like I see people do on IG and Snap, curving up to the temple a little bit. I do it before blush in case I need to blend more, but I haven't needed to blend that much when I make sure to get only a light amount on the brush. The back and forth builds it to be more metallic. I don't know if any of that made sense, lol.

I know which of us are stalking, lol.

rinacee

YES girl!! I went there for undergrad and just recently graduated from there with my MS/EdS. I moved back home to south florida but am missing Tallahassee terribly. At least, FSU itself. It's going to be bittersweet not going to anymore home games and just watching them on TV. :(
I'm not a huge fan of Tally, but I do love the school/campus. I've never been a football girl, but I went to a game this past season and it was so much fun. I'm currently getting my PhD. Back home in Central FL for the summer though!

rinacee

I've been using the RT contouring brush (the setting brush works well, too). I lightly sweep it across the product and tap off excess. Then I go back and forth over my cheeks like I see people do on IG and Snap, curving up to the temple a little bit. I do it before blush in case I need to blend more, but I haven't needed to blend that much when I make sure to get only a light amount on the brush. The back and forth builds it to be more metallic. I don't know if any of that made sense, lol.

Hehehe :rolleyes:

laurennnxox

I wonder if people have been complaining that BL usually launches a few minutes before the actual time. It's weird it's not up by now. Usually they do that to avoid crashing the site. Hmmm.

rinacee

I wonder if people have been complaining that BL usually launches a few minutes before the actual time. It's weird it's not up by now. Usually they do that to avoid crashing the site. Hmmm.
I was thinking the SAME THING. I was like, "maybe they finally listened to the complaints?"

laurennnxox

Um rose matter is up but mannequin is listed as OOS. I've been refreshing for the last 5 minutes, and it wasn't up before. No way it could have sold out? :(

kittycalico

BL was super slow, kept crashing on me, but got my order thru for the box set. I don't have any of those particular shades.

rinacee

I'm weak and ordered it on Jeffree's site. Not happy about it. But in the end, I got Unicorn Blood instead of Mannequin, which is probably the safer bet for me. So I guess something good came out of it. But I know I won't have it until late next week now. I've never had these problems on Beautylish.

laurennnxox

Don't understand how they're stocking Mannequin in the trio but not by itself. I hope that's not the only way to get it on Beautylish. They never advertised it like that and I wouldn't be happy.

boschicka

Disclaimer: This soap boxing applies only to my thoughts about myself and is in no way intended to judge anyone else's motives/actions. Enjoy your life and makeup! :D

This is part of why I go through BL (to give him less money/support), but if I'm truthful with myself, I need to examine my priorities. Do I care more about great cosmetics? Or do I care more about a personality that perpetuates hate/racism/misogyny, etc.? Just because he somewhat identifies with women and just because he uses and markets to POC does not give him a pass in my book. While I do think we should give people a chance to learn and grow and apologize for past actions, that only holds true with me if you actually change (or even just legitimately are trying) those actions moving forward and not just hand wave it. It makes me so freaking mad because his formula is hands down and far away the best on me. Since Dose of Colors is apparently very very similar, I may do that instead in the future if I feel he's too poisonous.

Whew! Sorry about that....I feel kinda silly having such a moral conundrum over makeup.

It's never silly to have a moral conundrum. And I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the subject. There are quite a few indie brands that people say have better formulas than his (Makeup Monsters and Beauty Bakerie maybe?). And agreed, Dose of Colors is a good place to start.

rinacee

Don't understand how they're stocking Mannequin in the trio but not by itself. I hope that's not the only way to get it on Beautylish. They never advertised it like that and I wouldn't be happy.
They only ever advertised that Gemini was only available in the box, not Mannequin. Mannequin was advertised to be sold on its own.

boschicka

Makes sense and is very helpful, thank you!