Jeffree Star Cosmetics

rinacee

I put up my full review today. My channel link is in my signature. Overall, it's a big "meh" for me. I agree a lot of Tarabbyz! The frosts are the best in the palette.

GreenEyedAllie

wooohoooo
ill let you know how it went
but i really dont get whats the problem with those 2 bluses i dont use them at all due to that
if and when i used them its always with a clean brush n still that stiff layer froms
i was so excited for ripe peach and now i barely take it out of the drawer

Meh, some chemicals deteriorate over time regardless of use and especially if around oxygen or moisture. Minus keeping certain things in a desiccator, this can happen sometimes.

Bubek07

Meh, some chemicals deteriorate over time regardless of use and especially if around oxygen or moisture. Minus keeping certain things in a desiccator, this can happen sometimes.

my ripe peach was like that since they day i bough tit in the toledo collection
the pink part sucks, and the pink part sucks also on the wonder woman one

i did it though ill let you know the next time i use them when happens
thank you ladies

montREALady

I'm getting so annoyed with their shipping. I ordered the palette and Ice Cold last Wednesday as soon as they launched. I got a shipping confirmation the next day, and the tracking has not moved or updated since then. Still says it's in California. I emailed them and all I got for a reply was "give it up to 48 hours, we're coming out of a holiday weekend. Um, that's WAY MORE than 48 hours if ya shipped it last Thursday!!!

Yeah that makes no sense, what does it say exactly on USPS, that they just got billing info? I ordered on launch day at 1pm (May 25th, Weds), got my shipping notification that night at 11pm and it was accepted at the post office 12pm on the 26th (in CA), then it moved and I got it on Tuesday, 31st. I'm all the way in NYC. So yeah, if it was accepted at the post office you need to call them, if it wasn't even dropped off, then JS. I'm sure you know all that already, we're all regular online shoppers, lol! :rolleyes:

smileyt06

I'm getting so annoyed with their shipping. I ordered the palette and Ice Cold last Wednesday as soon as they launched. I got a shipping confirmation the next day, and the tracking has not moved or updated since then. Still says it's in California. I emailed them and all I got for a reply was "give it up to 48 hours, we're coming out of a holiday weekend. Um, that's WAY MORE than 48 hours if ya shipped it last Thursday!!!

See that's why I won't order from his site ever again

rinacee

Welp. Remember how we were talking about JS's cattiness and his ruthless squad? Got a really nasty comment on one of my vids today that was totally unwarranted! I didn't really bad-mouth the palette; in fact I said how much I loved the frosts and mattes. Oh well! Just crazy how his fans can follow so blindly and be so mean! I have liked Jeffree since Myspace. I was a silly scene kid with one of his t-shirt (cringe haha). I think it is crazy that he has such a cult following that is ready to pounce on the slightest criticism. It's a weird culture he is building around him. If not liking two crumbly shadows makes me a "see-you-next-Tuesday", well...I'm at a loss, haha! :popc1:

boschicka

Welp. Remember how we were talking about JS's cattiness and his ruthless squad? Got a really nasty comment on one of my vids today that was totally unwarranted! I didn't really bad-mouth the palette; in fact I said how much I loved the frosts and mattes. Oh well! Just crazy how his fans can follow so blindly and be so mean! I have liked Jeffree since Myspace. I was a silly scene kid with one of his t-shirt (cringe haha). I think it is crazy that he has such a cult following that is ready to pounce on the slightest criticism. It's a weird culture he is building around him. If not liking two crumbly shadows makes me a "see-you-next-Tuesday", well...I'm at a loss, haha! :popc1:

Ugh, rabid fans. I don't understand the need to worship someone. Ha, it was probably JS posting under a fake name, lol!

Also, watched a video of JS doing a look with his palette, and it seemed he had trouble with the gold shadow. He covered it up by cutting away, coming back with the color on his lid and saying the original brush was too small. Then he said a "cute trick" is to wet your brush and really make the pigment pop. Shenanigans!

Shars

Ugh, rabid fans. I don't understand the need to worship someone. Ha, it was probably JS posting under a fake name, lol!

Also, watched a video of JS doing a look with his palette, and it seemed he had trouble with the gold shadow. He covered it up by cutting away, coming back with the color on his lid and saying the original brush was too small. Then he said a "cute trick" is to wet your brush and really make the pigment pop. Shenanigans!

I bet it was!

rinacee

SOOOO. Customer service totally blew off my issue with the extra postage. They totally misunderstood/didn't read thoroughly and thought that I meant JSC charged me extra. I specifically noted that it was the post that said JSC didn't use enough. Sigh. I'll respond with a picture of the box (which I kept in case) tomorrow morning...

Last edited:

rinacee

Really tempted to get Rose Matter (and maybe Unicorn Blood) tomorrow, but also kinda feeling wishy washy. If I buy, it'll be through Beautylish.

laurennnxox

Really tempted to get Rose Matter (and maybe Unicorn Blood) tomorrow, but also kinda feeling wishy washy. If I buy, it'll be through Beautylish.
Dooooooooooooooo it!!!!!

I'm gonna get both on BL tomorrow for sure! I always have the easiest transactions with them. Plus it would be here by Fri!

rinacee

Dooooooooooooooo it!!!!!

I'm gonna get both on BL tomorrow for sure! I always have the easiest transactions with them. Plus it would be here by Fri!
Ugh why! I just saw Beautylish won't have Unicorn Blood! But I want free shipping! Might have to get Mannequin or any others that they restock. I just don't know if Mannequin would look good on me.

laurennnxox

Ugh why! I just saw Beautylish won't have Unicorn Blood! But I want free shipping! Might have to get Mannequin or any others that they restock. I just don't know if Mannequin would look good on me.

Beautylish has a great return policy, though hehe :stickpoke: Do you not reach for nudes? Liquid lipstick nudes can be tricky for sure!

Sucks about U-Blood. It's a great color, that i'm sure you'd be able to rock! Plus with your bad experience last time with JSC shipping, I'd personally be more relaxed ordering through beautylish. You could also get something else on their site instead for the free shipping. (Total enabler, sorry)

rinacee

Beautylish has a great return policy, though hehe :stickpoke: Do you not reach for nudes? Liquid lipstick nudes can be tricky for sure!

Sucks about U-Blood. It's a great color, that i'm sure you'd be able to rock! Plus with your bad experience last time with JSC shipping, I'd personally be more relaxed ordering through beautylish. You could also get something else on their site instead for the free shipping. (Total enabler, sorry)
I am an enabler too, haha! I might give it a shot. We'll see! I wear some nudes, but nothing this pale usually. I guess maybe I am worried it will look too pasty on me. I have Celebrity Skin and it doesn't even show up lol so idk! Maybe Mannequin would be better.

GreenEyedAllie

JS is still really upset about his King Tut highlighter issues being aired across social media. He has two big rants about it on his snap. Apparently, a couple mainstream sources picked up the story (e.g. Allure), which is probably why he's talking about it again.

I mean I kinda don't care, but he needs a PR advisor desperately. Instead of coming across as address the issues, he comes across more sulky or like he's throwing a tantrum.

Also on his snap were swatches of Lavender Snow. It looks as silvery and beautiful as I was hoping.

Last edited:

leonah

yes beautylish is the best. would never buy anything directly from his site.