Lancome Love

DLuxJessica

I just read Lisa Eldridge's latest news letter, and she talks about the new Lancôme Hypnôse Volume-à-porter Mascara:

I've had a lot of compliments about my lashes recently - which I can only put down to this mascara. It's my new, everyday favourite because I love the way it separates every single lash. Its a good one if you like your lashes to look volumised but, at the same time, really individual and not overloaded with product. It pays off quickly so I like using it when I'm in a rush in the morning. I first tried it when I shot the ad campaign with beautiful Alma Jodorowsky - I used it with a black and white liner together and it turned out to be one of my all-time favourite Lancôme campaigns (I've filmed a tutorial of the look that you can watch here).
Although it’s not waterproof, it’s very resistant, and I actually find it a little tricky to remove - you definitely need a 'bio-phase' oil remover to get it all off. The only bad news is that it's only launching in certain countries in Europe as well as Australia, South Africa and Russia - as far as I know it won’t be making its way to the USA, South America or Asia.

So... bad news for us in the States. I'm still going to try to get my hands on it, though.

Monsy

I HATE when they launch a product only in certain countries UGHHHH

i am also excited about the new brow product

Icecaramellatte

I'm interested in the Blush Subtle Duo seen on saks site. Also the new hypnoses dazzling shades. I see 2 shades on saks but 3 on Neiman Marcus. I'd like to check them out. I went to Saks over the weekend but forgot to check.

Anyone know the price of the AudaCity palette coming out? Edit - I found that Chic Profile says $68.

kerry-jane88

Placed an order for Lancôme Volume a porter mascara and Belle de Teint in 02 Belle d'abricot - looking forward to getting them it's been a while since I've used much Lancôme but I feel like the brand is starting to pick up again :)

DLuxJessica

Placed an order for Lancôme Volume a porter mascara and Belle de Teint in 02 Belle d'abricot - looking forward to getting them it's been a while since I've used much Lancôme but I feel like the brand is starting to pick up again
smiles.gif
Ahhhhhh! Lemme know how you like the mascara! It's not available in the US, and I want to know if it's A- better than Hypnose Drama (if you've ever used that to compare), and B- Worth me having shipped over from the UK/somewhere else in Europe. xoxo

Anneri

I have a sample of the new mascara and I like it a lot. I don't usually like plastic brushes. I can't say if it's better than Hypnose Drama, but I like it more than Chanel Le Volume that never did anything spectacular for me. Volume a porter is a lot like Lisa Eldridge describes it - it's not 'wham in your face' volume but every single lash seems seperated and still soft. I CAN say that the mascara is around 30€ around here and shipping to the US would be another 5, and I honestly don't know if the mascara is worth that! HPH?

DLuxJessica

I CAN say that the mascara is around 30€ around here and shipping to the US would be another 5, and I honestly don't know if the mascara is worth that! HPH?
Yeah... I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. Hypnose Drama is pretty much HG for me, so I'm not sure it's worth cheating on it with its Sassy European Cousin.
winks.gif

Thanks so much for the info! I appreciate it!
heart.gif

Howards End

Yeah... I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. Hypnose Drama is pretty much HG for me, so I'm not sure it's worth cheating on it with its Sassy European Cousin. ;)
ITA I will probably Google around for reviews and then decide if it's eBay worthy lol. Or get Upward Lash and call it a day lol

Monsy

I love their elite rewards. Just redeemed my points today for La base pro pore eraser, Cils booster and Belle de teint powder.

Vineetha

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered! I tried reading through last few pages but couldnt find any info. Is the Audacity palette going to be Perm or LE! My macys counter had the palette today! I didnt pick it up but it looked really pretty! It was about $68 dollars i think!

Icecaramellatte

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered! I tried reading through last few pages but couldnt find any info. Is the Audacity palette going to be Perm or LE! My macys counter had the palette today! I didnt pick it up but it looked really pretty! It was about $68 dollars i think!
Ooh! You saw it at the counter! I just assumed it was limited but I don't remember reading it.

BTW I meant to post the Nordstrom added the Jason Wu palette to the 20% off items.

Icecaramellatte

Neiman Marcus had the fall collection in. I quickly tested a few products. The Blush duos were cream and powder. I knew this but I thought the blush was cream and the highlighter powder. It was the opposite though. Powder blush with a cream highlighter. They were pretty but I don't think they are must haves. At least for me. They swatched a bit chalky on my NC43/44 skin tone but I know blushes like this sometime look fine used on cheeks with a brush as opposed to swiped on the hand with a cotton pad. The plum one seemed more pigmented to me. I tried the hypnose dazzling shadows which I had already ordered sight unseen. The $5 off enticed me. The bronze and gold are pretty standard. I don't need them but it is hard for me to resist colors like this. Unless they wear bad, I will keep them but the standout to me was a reddish brown one. The formula of these is a gel like texture. Kind of like the illusion d'ombres but maybe more swishy. It may be closer in texture to the Mac Electric Cool shadows. The eyeshadow palette (quint) one barely showed up on me when applied on the hand with a q-tip. I wasn't really interested in it anyway. I saw the burgundy mascara and I'm curious about it. Also, I think I will go back for the Reddish brown eyeliner, I think it was called Chocolate Chaud. There was also a plum eyeliner and 2 brown ones. One of the browns was permanent. The SA made a point of telling me the plum was sold out and she only had one of the reddish brown one. In fact, it seemed like every counter I went to in NM, one of the SAs said, "I only have one left." I made point of telling all of them that today was my "Looking Day." I did ask the SA about the Audacity palette and she said they were getting it but she didn't know when. I just asked for you guys and I had a order and pickup waiting for me.

I went to Macy's to get my Online order and Pickup for the Audacity palette. Love this service. I can get points and I don't have to wait for delivery. Anyway, Macy's had it on display. I did not swatch it but I thought that in person, it looked like a combination of the 2 YSL ten color palettes that I already have. Also the pans looked about the same size. They looked larger online. I haven't opened mine yet as it is late and it has plastic on it. Love that! Love knowing no one else has touched it.

Oh I forgot to mention the lipsticks! In NM I picked up the lighter color and a customer gasped and said, "That one has no color. I can't believe it." She was right. It looked clear on my hand. The darker one had a little bit of color but it is a pass for me.

So that is a little bit of Lancome Love for today.

Vineetha

Neiman Marcus had the fall collection in.  I quickly tested a few products.  The Blush duos were cream and powder.  I knew this but I thought the blush was cream and the highlighter powder.  It was the opposite though.  Powder blush with a cream highlighter.  They were pretty but I don't think they are must haves. At least for me.  They swatched a bit chalky on my NC43/44 skin tone but I know blushes like this sometime look fine used on cheeks with a brush as opposed to swiped on the hand with a cotton pad.  The plum one seemed more pigmented to me.  I tried the hypnose dazzling shadows which I had already ordered sight unseen.  The $5 off enticed me.  The bronze and gold are pretty standard.  I don't need them but it is hard for me to resist colors like this.  Unless they wear bad, I will keep them but the standout to me was a reddish brown one.  The formula of these is a gel like texture.  Kind of like the illusion d'ombres but maybe more swishy.  It may be closer in texture to the Mac Electric Cool shadows.  The eyeshadow palette (quint) one barely showed up on me when applied on the hand with a q-tip.  I wasn't really interested in it anyway.  I saw the burgundy mascara and I'm curious about it.  Also, I think I will go back for the Reddish brown eyeliner, I think it was called Chocolate Chaud.  There was also a plum eyeliner and 2 brown ones.  One of the browns was permanent.  The SA made a point of telling me the plum was sold out and she only had one of the reddish brown one.  In fact, it seemed like every counter I went to in NM, one of the SAs said, "I only have one left."  I made point of telling all of them that today was my "Looking Day."  I did ask the SA about the Audacity palette and she said they were getting it but she didn't know when.  I just asked for you guys and I had a order and pickup waiting for me. I went to Macy's to get my Online order and Pickup for the Audacity palette.  Love this service.  I can get points and I don't have to wait for delivery.  Anyway, Macy's had it on display.  I did not swatch it but I thought that in person, it looked like a combination of the 2 YSL ten color palettes that I already have. Also the pans looked about the same size.  They looked larger online.  I haven't opened mine yet as it is late and it has plastic on it.  Love that!  Love knowing no one else has touched it. Oh I forgot to mention the lipsticks!  In NM I picked up the lighter color and a customer gasped and said, "That one has no color.  I can't believe it."  She was right.  It looked clear on my hand.  The darker one had a little bit of color but it is a pass for me. So that is a little bit of Lancome Love for today.
Thank you for the overview!! I think I am interested in only the palette for now!! Would love to hear your thoughts once you get around to using it!!

Icecaramellatte

Thank you for the overview!! I think I am interested in only the palette for now!! Would love to hear your thoughts once you get around to using it!!
I hope I love it. I don't really have experience with Lancome palettes. I have a few of those 24 hour type pot shadows. I do have quite a few of the colored liquid liners. I really like those.

DLuxJessica

Hi, ladies! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Auda[city] palette! I'm planning on picking it up tomorrow unless it gets bad reviews from you all, lol.
heart.gif

mkoparanova

Has anyone tried this? http://www.harrods.com/product/oud-bouquet-edp-75ml/lancome/000000000004357728 It sounds amazing and the bottle is gorgeous!

Btw, I'm loving La Nuit Tresor, even in the heat!