Leggings as pants?!?

thiscarmen

As long as they're worn with a long top that covers the butt, it's fine.

But I see some girls wear leggings as pants, with a normal-length shirt on top...and I just don't seem to understand. Haha.

Junkie

Leggings are seriously my staple and everyday wear (literally).

They're so comfy...and I always, ALWAYS wear them with a longer top that atleast covers my crotch - no one wants to be distracted by camel toe hahaha gross! However, If you show a bit of butt cheek, I think it looks ok (not your whole ass, just a few inches of it). Or just everything covered.

Its winter now so I wear cardi's with them all the time that are thigh length.

blackeneddove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Leggings are seriously my staple and everyday wear (literally).

They're so comfy...and I always, ALWAYS wear them with a longer top that atleast covers my crotch - no one wants to be distracted by camel toe hahaha gross! However, If you show a bit of butt cheek, I think it looks ok (not your whole ass, just a few inches of it). Or just everything covered.

Its winter now so I wear cardi's with them all the time that are thigh length.

Same here! I hardly ever wear pants any more because I'm addicted to leggings, I must have 7 or 8 pairs now. I always wear them with a long tank top underneath a regular shirt to give the length to be covered, or with a long shirt/dress or skirt (especially patterned skirts! not jean..) and with boots. I can double up the leggings if it's cold out, or just wear one pair if it's warm. And they are SO comfy. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

LisaOrestea

I hate this trend so much.
I wear leggings with dresses/long tops etc, but there is a girl I know who wears them with t-shirts that dont cover her whole tummy - so you can see a strip of skin before the leggings start...and then where she has folded the leggings over so that they dont come up too high....and you can see the label at the back.

Shes not a skinny girl either :S its not a good look at all.

dollbaby

I really do believe as long as you wear them with long shirts, dresses, skirts, etc., why not. Anything shorter than that is a huge no, no for me.
nope.gif
I think it just looks really bad IMO. I battle with bad eczema during the winter months, and I really don't wear jeans as much because it's so uncomfortable. When I do wear leggings as pants, I make sure that I'm wearing a long shirt to cover my butt, otherwise I'll just stick with a nice pair of sweats.

dollbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackeneddove
Same here! I hardly ever wear pants any more because I'm addicted to leggings, I must have 7 or 8 pairs now. I always wear them with a long tank top underneath a regular shirt to give the length to be covered, or with a long shirt/dress or skirt (especially patterned skirts! not jean..) and with boots. I can double up the leggings if it's cold out, or just wear one pair if it's warm. And they are SO comfy. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

YES, YES! Me too! I love this look! It is definatly SOOO comfy!
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

she

i remember wearing them as a kid with the lace on the cropped legs. i have them in lots of colors, wear em all the time & find them flattering.

not to mention the fact that i sometimes wear them under denim skirts when i am PMSing... belly bloat is no joke when you can't button your jeans
winks.gif

blazeno.8

I've worn them as pants before with a long tunic, a waist cincher, and heels. I've also used them for their stocking-like ability to add color and be layered (try your favorite pair of opaque leggings with lace leggings on top). I just find them to be so versatile, that I really don't mind anymore. I feel that so many people have moved past the 80's version of leggings and they're fairly modern now.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by she
i remember wearing them as a kid with the lace on the cropped legs. i have them in lots of colors, wear em all the time & find them flattering.

not to mention the fact that i sometimes wear them under denim skirts when i am PMSing... belly bloat is no joke when you can't button your jeans
winks.gif

i hear ya loud &clear! i've taken to wearing jeggings [the denim jeans-looking ones, what a stupid word!] when i'm having a fat day instead of wearing jeans. a pair of flat boots, long top and my skinny look black jeggings which come up to above my bellybutton and hold everything in is a staple look now!

IDontKnowMomo

I'm pretty sure I've commented in this thread before already but oh well.

I wear leggings as pants soooo often now... as long as whatever top I'm wearing is covering my crotch so I can't let off any front-butt action hahaha. Im 5' so almost everything I buy is long on me plus I really don't ever like the way jeans fit and leggings are cheaper so it all works out for me.

CommeDesGarcons

I have a girl in my college who wears leggings as pants and doesn't have the decency to put a shirt long enough to cover her crotch/butt. So we are all forced to look at her camel toe. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. Leggings as pants are fine, as long as you combine them with a longer shirt/tunic. Otherwise it's just inappropriate.

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommeDesGarçons
I have a girl in my college who wears leggings as pants and doesn't have the decency to put a shirt long enough to cover her crotch/butt. So we are all forced to look at her camel toe. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. Leggings as pants are fine, as long as you combine them with a longer shirt/tunic. Otherwise it's just inappropriate.

hahahahha
iagree.gif
I love leggings with like dresses in winter! or under shorts!
greengrin.gif