Leggings as pants?!?

Tahti

Sometimes I wear leggings as pants, but I tend to buy 'jeggings', so they'd probably still be classed as leggings by a lot, but the material is thicker.
With just leggings though, I always wear a tee that at least covers my crotch (lol, could think of no other way to put it.... so the hem is where the top of my legs end basically) which means it probably won't be as long in the back, but I have a flatter ass than my boyfriend does so I don't really have much to show off as my thighs just go nearly straight into my back.

I would only wear actual thin material leggings though with a long top, I'd never wear them with a crop top or anything shorter than covering the majority of my non existent ass...

the look grossed me out back in the day but yeah..don't knock it till you try it!

i prefer wearing leggings over jeans, they're more comfortable, suit my shirts much better (all of my shirts are long, for whatever reason. i just like longer shirts, i guess.), and i feel much, much more slim in them. y'see, i'm a thicky-thickling with chicken legs so it's difficult to find pants that fit tight enough in the butt and legs and don't give me a muffin top at the same time.

fave look right now is the long shirt thing, waist belt, black leggings and calf boots.

also, i find that wearing opaque tights underneath help smooth everything out and make me feel a bit less 'exposed'. works like a charm.
smiles.gif

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy McNabb
...i prefer wearing leggings over jeans...

LOL, I did a double take... I thought, leggings OVER jeans!? How does that even fit? And WHY? Is this some new kind of trend?
....oh, I see what you mean.... *cartoon light bulb turns on above head*
I'm so tired, it's late here... lol

MizzVivaGlam

what about the leggings that have rips up the thighs (on purpose)i see girls wearing now?lol are those worse then wearing leggings as pants? you can see ur bare skin through the rips. their like so 1989 prostitute lol.

Tashona Helena

^ I have a pair of them and I love them. I think it's more punk than prostitute. I wore a boy tee and a belt and some flats with it and it was one of my favorite looks with leggings. Mine are black so I think they make a lot more sense to be kinda "punk". I'm kinda iffy on the colored ones. I have ones with the slits up the sides too and people just lust them. Angela Simmons had the same ones I have from American Apparel on in an episode of daddy's little girls with a graphic tee like I described earlier. It was really cute, even my mom said it was cute and I swear she's a fashion critic sometimes.
winks.gif

mskatiebee

ok. i am against leggings as pants look.. however, i am wearing leggings right now as I type! LOL. BUT im wearing brown ones with a sort of long white scoop neck.. and a long open grey cardigan over that. no VPL action going on here, my rear/crotch is completely covered.

it is my 2nd time wearing these out to school.. and today in class i felt uncomfortable.. like it was itching my thighs or whatever. i def wouldnt wear this and think its one of my nicer outfits.. but more like an alternative to wearing sweats to class.. or a laundry day.. other that, i say NO.

Makeup Emporium

I have seen WAY too many girls wear leggings that seem to be stretched to the max and are see-though in places. The worst is when you can see the design on their underwear because they have worn them with a short top. If you can'd do it right then just don't do it!!

I have no problem with leggings and a long shirt or sweater and boots. Just cover the butt and buy good quality leggings so we don't have to see the design on your undies!!

metal_romantic

Usually I think leggings as pants are NOT good but I love Sass & Bide Black Rats and their other variations of the rats shirred pants/leggings. I love this look:

leather-jacket-and-grey-rats.jpg

supermodella

I only support leggings as pants (meaning, butt exposed) on my favorite girl, Lindsay Lohan. :p BUT, I do love leather leggings with certain outfits like these:

28qmo3.jpg

Pink_minx

^yeah those leather or pleather looking leggings look nice it doesnt look like it shows the camel toe! I honestly love leggings. I only wear them during winter or just any colder days with a long shirt/blouse that covers my ass and my frontal! I just think it looks a lot better that way otherwise the your look will look unfinished and it will look like your going to the gym.

supermodella

I think leather leggings look GREAT with a like ... long plaid tunic/shirt. I'm dying to get one of those to wear with my new peacoat. :]

friedargh

NAY! Unless you are wearing a top that covers the whole of your butt cheek. Also, for the love of god please make sure they are opaque and that there is no VPL, I've seen way too much undie action going on at my university this past winter! (leggings as pants seem to be a huge trend in sydney).

metal_romantic

^ Lol @ "undie action"
It really does not require much effort to wear the right style/colour of underwear to go with your outfit... there is no excuse.

imoutofit

Uggh this trend bricks back horrifying images of neon spandex bike shorts and stirrup pants!!! I'm all for wearing leggings just as long as I can't see your junk.

Cosmopolitics

No no no no no. Wear a tunic or dress that covers your butt and crotch, please. I really don't think anyone wants to see your visible panty lines (and sometimes, underwear! white-based undies are the worst!), butt dimples, and camel toe... unless you're some kind of perv. Not only that, but unless you're a stick or a skinny teenager, the look is just not flattering... at all.

Please, ladies. Do some justice to yourselves and wear something that flatters you. You'll feel a lot better about you body image if you do, promise.

hawaii02

I haven't wore leggings since junior high but my favorite look was with an empire-style dress and flats. The best part about them is wearing them with something long and flattering.

Miss Ava Marie

I have a pair of leggings in a jean print so they look like skinny jeans.. as long as I wear a long shirt ((that looks like a short dress)) and heels it looks great.. they also go to my ankles so I think they"re supposed to look like skinny jeans.. it really depends on what shirt you wear with it