Les Essentiels de Chanel - Fall 2012

elegant-one

I did the same thing LOL!

Love Evanescente. I keep eyeing Furtif. I think it is meant to be.
No you didn't!!!!
rofl.gif
I suddenly feel so much better
lol.gif
amuse.gif

Furtif is beautiful on. I don't normally even wear those colors, but this one is done really well.

bis

Me too! Oh my goodness. :eyelove: This is added to my shopping list for the event at my counter this weekend--which I managed to snag an appointment for, before my hubby takes me out to dinner;). I just hope it's available there. I didn't look for it but I was distracted by the Illusion de ombrés that day. And the fact I was supposed to be shopping for window treatments. :guilty face:
Did you get Charactere? So much more fun than shopping for window treatments ;)

tiramisu

Did you get Charactere? So much more fun than shopping for window treatments ;)
I know, pesky mundane household needs always seem to get in the way. But I manage to find the time for the important stuff :) I didn't get Charactere but I did give it some love time lol. It's so pretty, I love the way it shImmers a bit (Chanel seems to have a lock on gorgeously :eyelove: shimmery things without ever going 'too much', I've noticed?) and isn't too dark (for me personally- out of comfort zone) and I think it will be a perfect fall shade. I will be getting it next time I'm fairly sure. I think it will be a very pretty work-safe shade. But that title doesn't do it justice! It's not boring.

Icecaramellatte

No you didn't!!!!
rofl.gif
I suddenly feel so much better
lol.gif
amuse.gif

Furtif is beautiful on. I don't normally even wear those colors, but this one is done really well.
I stopped at the Chanel counter to take another look at Furtif. I also looked at Infini. I'm convinced I must have something similar. I have to check my stash. I'm thinking one of my Mac shadows but I know it's not as shimmery. Also, I'm thinking maybe one of the Summer Armani ETK - there were gray and blue shades. I will look at those. Infini looked so pretty! Let's see if I can find a dupe before the Nordies sale which is the next time I expect to be at a counter.

BTW can anyone compare the gold shade? I'm surprised there is a gold shade since I believe there was a gold shade in the last couple of collections. I wonder how this one is different.

elegant-one

Just received my Noir Intense liner. Its a very elegant black. Ebene looks almost grey in comparison.

Ebene - left, NI - right

katred

Specktra Bestie
I stopped at the Chanel counter to take another look at Furtif. I also looked at Infini. I'm convinced I must have something similar. I have to check my stash. I'm thinking one of my Mac shadows but I know it's not as shimmery. Also, I'm thinking maybe one of the Summer Armani ETK - there were gray and blue shades. I will look at those. Infini looked so pretty! Let's see if I can find a dupe before the Nordies sale which is the next time I expect to be at a counter.

BTW can anyone compare the gold shade? I'm surprised there is a gold shade since I believe there was a gold shade in the last couple of collections. I wonder how this one is different.
Let me know if you're able to find dupes of either Furtif or Infini. The collection hasn't made it up here yet and, unfortunately, the lighting isn't great at any of my Chanel counters.

Icecaramellatte

Let me know if you're able to find dupes of either Furtif or Infini. The collection hasn't made it up here yet and, unfortunately, the lighting isn't great at any of my Chanel counters.
I just looked through my stash for the two colors I thought it might resemble. One was Armani ETK #21 (can't recall the name) and Mac Fashion (starflash shadow). The Armani was more blue on my skin. The Furtif definitely looks gray to me with a blue cast to it. As far as my skin tone goes, a lot of grays read a little blue on me. I think the Armani was lighter and more sparkly than Chanel Furtif. The Fashion shade was definitely blue and the finish was very different. I will say that the Armani was closer of the two. I think maybe if you built up the color of the Armani in layers it would probably be closer but much more sparkly so I don't know if you would really get the same effect as the Chanel.

As far as Infini goes, I still need to look around for more products in my stash. Since I just got Laura Mercier Sterling Caviar Stick and still haven't used it, I tested it on my hand. It looked very similar when I blended it out, but maybe more sheer than Infini. If I just rubbed it on and didn't blend it, it didn't look similar at all.

I haven't done any side by side comparisons though. Maybe next time I'm in the store, I'll swatch Armani, Chanel and Laura Mercier together to get a better idea.

I was looking for a pic and I noticed that Christine at Temptalia swatched Infini but gave it a D rating. I love to look at her pics but I admit I rarely read the reviews. Since I was swatching, I decided to read it. She said Infini went on dry and patchy. But I thought her pic of Infini after 8 hours of wear looked really good.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks for your comparison. I looked at T's review too and thought it looks pretty swatched and on. It isn't the typical frosty or metallic silver which I think we have lots of them already. Maybe it is like the silver in NARS Ramatuelle? I don't know because I didnt see NARS in person. I have to see Infini in person to decide.

Winthrop44

The fallout on Christine looks pretty awful. I can't really pull off silver very well anyway, but that alone would make it a skip for me. I did get & love Complice though.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just looked through my stash for the two colors I thought it might resemble. One was Armani ETK #21 (can't recall the name) and Mac Fashion (starflash shadow). The Armani was more blue on my skin. The Furtif definitely looks gray to me with a blue cast to it. As far as my skin tone goes, a lot of grays read a little blue on me. I think the Armani was lighter and more sparkly than Chanel Furtif. The Fashion shade was definitely blue and the finish was very different. I will say that the Armani was closer of the two. I think maybe if you built up the color of the Armani in layers it would probably be closer but much more sparkly so I don't know if you would really get the same effect as the Chanel.

As far as Infini goes, I still need to look around for more products in my stash. Since I just got Laura Mercier Sterling Caviar Stick and still haven't used it, I tested it on my hand. It looked very similar when I blended it out, but maybe more sheer than Infini. If I just rubbed it on and didn't blend it, it didn't look similar at all.

I haven't done any side by side comparisons though. Maybe next time I'm in the store, I'll swatch Armani, Chanel and Laura Mercier together to get a better idea.

I was looking for a pic and I noticed that Christine at Temptalia swatched Infini but gave it a D rating. I love to look at her pics but I admit I rarely read the reviews. Since I was swatching, I decided to read it. She said Infini went on dry and patchy. But I thought her pic of Infini after 8 hours of wear looked really good.
Thanks very much! I have to say, I had the same reaction when I saw the "after 8 hours" pic. I was thinking "If my shadow looks like that when I get home from work, I'm happy". I guess it makes a difference in how you view things if your job is looking at all sorts of different cosmetics. You become aware of all sorts of little flaws that others don't notice so much. I'm still thinking about Furtive, although I loved the swatches I saw of Complice on Temptalia too. She listed a bunch of potential dupes, but I didn't have any of them. So that means I'm clear to buy it, right???
sneaky.gif

MzzRach

I love this fall collection! I got the JC, Quad and both Extrait glosses. All very wearable for me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
EEEEEK!!! I finally got to see the collection today! It's brilliant. I want it all, I swear. Complice, Furtive, the blush and Caractere are all going to be mine, but I'm also tempted by the glosses, Eclaire and even the quad- which feels like a way better formula than the baked ones we usually get. Think this might replace Nars as my biggest Fall haul.

Miss QQ

I got to see the collection on Saturday. I like the quad, though we are still having the baked formula over here. I also like Frenzy and the lippies. Rose Initiale is beautiful, but I'm not buying more of the baked JCs for now. Complice is gorgeous! It is just slightly lighter than Emerville IdO. Those of you who have Complice, does it perform like the usual eyeshadow single - long lasting and doesn't crease? I didn't buy anything yet since most of the items are perm.

Winthrop44

It doesn't crease on me but it applies a bit patchy.....that's par for the course for a shimmery shadow on my lids though.

Icecaramellatte

I just finished watching Project Runway. Heidi's eye makeup at the judging reminds me that I still haven't bought Furtif. Goodness. So many beautiful things to buy. Did anyone else see her look. She had the greyish blue shadow all around her eyes and under the lashline just like the Chanel Models. I don't know that she was wearing Chanel though. I need to jump on it.