Liquid Lipstick thread

Dolly Snow

http://ktla.com/2015/06/12/commercial-structure-burns-in-second-alarm-fire-in-city-of-industry/

This is going around IG, LaSplash has suffered a terrible fire.
Hopefully no one was hurt, and they can recover as quickly as possible.

From their IG

Shars

http://ktla.com/2015/06/12/commercial-structure-burns-in-second-alarm-fire-in-city-of-industry/

Oh no! I too, hope no one was hurt

DMcG9

From their IG
Wow, that is kind of crazy. I'm glad no one was hurt.

bunnypoet

I'm so relieved everyone was able to get out safe and sound from the LA Splash fire. I heard about a huge fire at a commercial building in the City of Industry, but I had no idea until I read this thread that the company was LAS. I was hoping it wasn't arson, and it looks like it wasn't so far. "The cause was ignition from an electric drill while mixing nail polish."

http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvcrime/2015/06/14/officials-massive-fire-at-bassett-cosmetics-plant-sparked-by-nail-polish-fumes/

I hope they are able to rebuild really quickly. What's most important though is that no one was hurt.

TwiggyPop

I love it it's actually brighter than All Fired Up and Relentlessly Red and those r uber brighttt haha... I haven't worn it out yet but I plan to wear it with a graphic eyeliner look to keep it simple
That's how I usually do it too, play up one thing and keep the rest simple.

glittergoddess27

I was also devastated by the LAS fire. I just received an order from them on Tuesday last week. I never have an issue with the liquid lipsticks. I did notice I like the Liptints better than the Lipcouture formulations. The Lip Couture did not dry down as well and needed 2 coats. But it was worth it and still gorgeous. I have Charmed, Lovegood, Enchanted, and Latte Confession. Latte Confession is the same color as Kat Von D's Lolita. I hope they get things rolling again soon.

Shars

girlhaha.gif

DMcG9

I placed an order a couple weeks ago with LA Splash's Canadian distributor Biodermie. After a week, I only had the Paypal confirmation of the order so I emailed to ask if they had received it, when they could confirm shipping, etc. I did receive a kind and quick reply in which they told me they were waiting on an item to come in with their next shipment from the US. When I read about the terrible fire I knew that order was likely going to be cancelled. I read on the LA Splash FB page that they would be going through their orders and contacting customers when they were able to get their computer system up and running so I expected to hear something from Biodermie too.
Yesterday, I did get a notification but it was only from Paypal to notify me that the order payment had been reduced and partially refunded and the other part of it was now being shipped. I don't even know what item I will receive but judging by the cost of the shipment, it's only one of the three original items. My issue here is not with LA Splash because does lipstick really matter when a business just got hit with a disaster?
My issue is that Biodermie will not actively communicate with their customers unless you contact them. They have not personally emailed me again to tell me about why the order has been altered or what is being shipped out.
I'm just curious to know what others have experienced with Biodermie who also sell other cosmetic brands in the Canadian market.

thefbomb

I placed an order a couple weeks ago with LA Splash's Canadian distributor Biodermie. After a week, I only had the Paypal confirmation of the order so I emailed to ask if they had received it, when they could confirm shipping, etc. I did receive a kind and quick reply in which they told me they were waiting on an item to come in with their next shipment from the US. When I read about the terrible fire I knew that order was likely going to be cancelled. I read on the LA Splash FB page that they would be going through their orders and contacting customers when they were able to get their computer system up and running so I expected to hear something from Biodermie too.
Yesterday, I did get a notification but it was only from Paypal to notify me that the order payment had been reduced and partially refunded and the other part of it was now being shipped. I don't even know what item I will receive but judging by the cost of the shipment, it's only one of the three original items. My issue here is not with LA Splash because does lipstick really matter when a business just got hit with a disaster?
My issue is that Biodermie will not actively communicate with their customers unless you contact them. They have not personally emailed me again to tell me about why the order has been altered or what is being shipped out.
I'm just curious to know what others have experienced with Biodermie who also sell other cosmetic brands in the Canadian market.
That's very unfortunate. It all about communication!

On my end, I finally got a shipping notice that my PZC items are coming (I ordered May 30), Im thinking it will take roughly a week. i CAN'T wait to get my hands on Sea Witch. I am wearing that baby ASAP

Latest posts