MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
How about this...people who are willing to take CPs, send me a PM, and I'll compile a master list. Then we can post it in a conspicuous place so the international people know who to contact to get their goodies. I think that will help keep the deal-making outside of this thread, and cut down on the worrying.
smiles.gif

Thank you so much for coordinating this! I thought I was going to have to miss out on a couple of unique colours, but hopefully now I will be able to get them.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
So are you saying that it is just in Italy where no one even care about customers complaining?
ssad.gif

So, back on topic, if I'd like to ask someone from USA to buy me the 3 pigments, where should I ask it?

There will be a list soon who from the US is willing to make a CP for us international customers! Then we will know who we can ask.

LMD84

Quote:
So are you saying that it is just in Italy where no one even care about customers complaining?
ssad.gif

So, back on topic, if I'd like to ask someone from USA to buy me the 3 pigments, where should I ask it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
There will be a list soon who from the US is willing to make a CP for us international customers! Then we will know who we can ask.

yep! and i'm so grateful for all those who are willing to do cp's for us.
smiles.gif
i'd be devestated if i couldn't get these pigments! they look like someof the prettiest that mac have released in a while!

DollyGirl92

I'm actually really excited to get these! my NARS kick has ended in my order today, and the rest of my money is saving for FL on the 7th of july (L)
I might buy the polishes if I like them, I've grown my nails!

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I'm actually really excited to get these! my NARS kick has ended in my order today, and the rest of my money is saving for FL on the 7th of july (L)
I might buy the polishes if I like them, I've grown my nails!

Ahh that's great! You should treat yourself to some polishes then - It's the perfect excuse to!

kiss

Quote:
The response I received from MAC stated that the change was due to production costs and an increase in the price of ingredients. I still think it is possible that the change might also have been due to complaints, but only to a certain extent. It's likely a combination of those reasons is why the change happened. Still irritated about the price, though. Even if people complained about the amount of product, I sincerely doubt anyone envisioned MAC would keep the price the same.

I am not buying the production costs reason. Sure it may have gone up but not so much that they would give you half of the original size for the same price. It's obvious they did it to make a prettier penny for themselves. If you don't like it then don't buy it is easier said than done considering you want new colors but then you feel so stupid/ripped off purchasing it knowing how much more they're making while giving you so much less and in cheaper ugly jars too.

Looking on the bright side, this change will provoke me to spend less which is a good thing and any new pigments must blow me away in order for me to buy one now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
lol You know, I bet people will now complain about the new pigment jars and boom! MAC will then change the jars into vials down the road with the SAME PRICE. Collect them while you can ladies and gents, you never know what the future holds!

hahaa F-that! The vials better have a magical genie to float out of it and apply my pigments for me while making me coffee and magically implanting math studying material into my head.

darae

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I feel if you don't like the new size of the jars, then don't buy the product. It is what it is. The last time I went to the pro store to buy a pigment, the MA told me the size of the jar has changed and he had a look on his face like he was preparing for me to slap him across the face. That's ridiculous.

wow i find it so irritating when customers get angry at the MUA. yeah... cause THEY were the ones who decided to change the packaging and price right? jeez.. lol same thing when servers get bitched at when the food comes out late.. yeah its cause THEY prepare the food in the kitchen?.. lol

i've never bought any pigments before so i can't fully relate with y'all pigment lovers. but i do understand half product for the same price??? that does sound a bit greedy. but oh well i know i'm going to get all 3 pigments! <3

purrtykitty

Just a reminder...anyone willing to take CPs for our international Specktrettes for this collection, please send me a PM, as I am making a list to post for people to contact. I've had several people contact me already, so a big THANK YOU to them, but I think we'll need many more!!

FYI...I am planning on having the list complied and posted by mid-May so there is plenty of time for people to make contacts and get their orders squared away.

PlatinumV

Question: since I've never entered the selling subforum, how are we supposed to pay? Just paypal or maybe there are other ways? *** confused ***

LMD84

Quote:
Question: since I've never entered the selling subforum, how are we supposed to pay? Just paypal or maybe there are other ways? *** confused ***

paypal is generally the way most people pay
smiles.gif

PlatinumV

Thank you! So I suppose it is time for me to get an account! (or, as usual, ask my friend to pay with his account! :p )

purplerinne

also, for those that are asking CP's that you know there are paypal fees attached to the price....I don't want anyone to be blindsided since I will be doing CP's for people.

but even with the fees and shipping i think you are still saving a great deal from what i understand.
thmbup.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
also, for those that are asking CP's that you know there are paypal fees attached to the price....I don't want anyone to be blindsided since I will be doing CP's for people.

but even with the fees and shipping i think you are still saving a great deal from what i understand.
thmbup.gif

oh of course! i have always paid for the fees! it'd be a bit of a jip if we didn't!
tong.gif

kiss

Erine, is partylicious pigment worth it? How does it compare to mutiny? Is it less silver? Does it contain any gold sparkles in it? The turquoise lover in me wants to know.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Erine, is partylicious pigment worth it? How does it compare to mutiny? Is it less silver? Does it contain any gold sparkles in it? The turquoise lover in me wants to know.

it looks darker and also brighter than mutiny to me
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne

thmbup.gif

Very good point, Corinne. What I'll probably have along with the list are a few "helpful hints" about CPs for those that have never done them before. Just to keep things going along smoothly.

LMD84

Quote:
Very good point, Corinne. What I'll probably have along with the list are a few "helpful hints" about CPs for those that have never done them before. Just to keep things going along smoothly.

packaging is another thing that i usually pay for when i get a cp
smiles.gif
price of a bubble mailer for example
smiles.gif

purplerinne

Quote:

ooohh that would be good, especially for first timers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
packaging is another thing that i usually pay for when i get a cp
smiles.gif
price of a bubble mailer for example
smiles.gif

aww so sweet! I had someone argue with me before about the price i was charging and had to do a breakdown...but hey, i hardly doubt anyone doing CP's are trying to make a fast buck...i see it as helping out others that don't have the resources to get a product...

the only thing i hate is how expensive shipping is
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
sometimes it's more than the product itself
shockt.gif

GoldenFairy

I'm not planning on getting it, but for those of you that are, how are you ladies/gents planning on using the yellow DGC??

Boasorte

I've read somewhere that sellers are responsible for the fees...correct me if I'm wrong, por favor.

All of u ladies are sweet to offer CPs, I think I just want one pigment from this collection, and that's about it. I've been in a makeup funk hence my inactivity
ssad.gif