MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

Mac-Guy

If you've used Too Chic before do you know how it compares to Snowglobe bp from Glitter and Ice? I'm also looking to get all the matte eyeshadows, I'm sure they'll be gorgeous
eyelove.gif

I'd say TC is more pigmented and slightly lighter, but I obviously haven't swatched them side-by-side.

katred

Specktra Bestie
ha ha!! i love that video!! so funny!
I just watched it about six times. I think it's both beautiful and hilarious. It's funny, because guys in a bar acting basically the same way gross me out, but when it's animals, I want to hug all of them...

liba

This made me laugh so hard I shot beer out my nose. You owe me part of a beer!
rofl.gif

I'd also like to see some new Amplified Cremes, but I do find that Mac has really improved their matte formula. It's like the "new mattes" are more like the satins of old. Except that they're better than those, too.

I second this. I was very hesitant to wear orange colours (it's apparently the colour most often chosen as "least favourite"), but when I finally got up the nerve and now I'm a real convert. It really makes blue eyes pop and gives pale skin a lovely, soft peachy glow. Even on lips it makes a great impact.
Now I want a beer too.
drinks.gif

There's a new pink Amplified Creme in Naturally - check out that thread. Also isn't Kanga Rouge Amplified too? That's coming back in a holiday set. The new mattes and satins feel fresher to me than Amplifieds and are easy on the lips.

It's only the very balanced red lippies and the ones that lean brown without actually being brown that make me look blah. If there's a strong blue or orange cast, it wakes up my whole face and brings out my eyes - no other makeup required.

aradhana

Well, aside from the fact that they didn't promote Feline with Fabulous Felines, I can't imagine how they could justify not bringing back Parrot if the collection is bird-themed...
I don't think we know much of anything yet, other than there's birds involved, the "model" seems really awesome and HG says it's worth taking out a second mortgage for (not an exact quote). All good things, but I'm dying to know what the details are. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to wait a while for this one... Would be hilarious if the bird collection was timed to anniversary Peacocky.

And no, there is no such thing as too many purple lipsticks...

is iris apfel the same person who was the model for 'the originals' collection?

EngineerBarbie

OMG, OMG, as a rabid lover of the Tiki Room at Disney World/DisneyLand, I MUST own stuff from this collection. Definitely going for Flamingo, Too Chic, Early Bird and Robin’s egg. I hope Oriele Orange and Toco Toucan aren’t runny.

liba

OMG, OMG, as a rabid lover of the Tiki Room at Disney World/DisneyLand, I MUST own stuff from this collection. Definitely going for Flamingo, Too Chic, Early Bird and Robin’s egg. I hope Oriele Orange and Toco Toucan aren’t runny.
I'm a giant Tiki Room lover too. They've already destroyed all my other childhood Disneyland favorites (Journey Into Inner Space, anyone?), so they better keep their grubby modernizing hands off my Tiki Room. As you can see, I'm a big flamingo lover too.
cheerleader.gif

Let's all sing like the birdies sing....tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet!

These colors all sound great, though, so they could have been named after different species of slime mold and I still would have been ok with it.

Wandalemur

I love the bird names! I have birds and I always wonder why no one uses them for make up inspiration. To the girls who love the Tiki Room a WDW I am right there with you, Disney is my other obsession. A couple of those lipsticks are sounding pretty good.

Eleentje

I will probably be getting Flamingo, Scarlet Ibis, maybe the Party Parrot (what a funny name, indeed) and Silver Gull.
Although there isn't a bird of paradise after all, it being mentioned, as well as that super cute flamingo dance video Liba posted reminded me of a funny video with its mating dance.

EngineerBarbie

I love the bird names! I have birds and I always wonder why no one uses them for make up inspiration. To the girls who love the Tiki Room a WDW I am right there with you, Disney is my other obsession. A couple of those lipsticks are sounding pretty good.
The photo in my avatar was based on one of the birds at the Tiki Room. I actually based all of my makeup looks for my July trip on the Tiki birds. Got lots of compliments from cast members. I'm trying to avoid going for the lipstick because just when I thought Glitter & Ice was bad enough...
mac_atemywallet.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
lol.. no mistaking this collex.. the colours are standouts
cheerleader.gif
lol @ tiki love

EEEK! Don't say tiki in front of me! I adore anything tiki-themed. There's a hotel bar in San Francisco that's amazing- cocktails and a proper tiki-style band performing on a barge in a faux lake with "thunder storms". One of my favourite places to have a really expensive drink...

LiLBeautyBarbie

lol, i'm lovin these video's
lol.gif

I will probably be getting Flamingo, Scarlet Ibis, maybe the Party Parrot (what a funny name, indeed) and Silver Gull.
Although there isn't a bird of paradise after all, it being mentioned, as well as that super cute flamingo dance video Liba posted reminded me of a funny video with its mating dance.

Polaris

All the lipstick colours sound amazing and most of them are matte?! Crazy! I'm really excited to see how they swatch. I wonder if they're going to be like candy-yum-yum in terms of texture and colour payoff.

Latest posts