MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

Miss Dynamite

Good lord, the people on here act like vultures ready to peck somebody's eye out when it comes to Temptalia. I've been reading all the nasty comments on here for a few years now, it's really bad. I don't get it either cause she is a nice person and never says anything bad about the people on here.

LMD84

Good lord, the people on here act like vultures ready to peck somebody's eye out when it comes to Temptalia. I've been reading all the nasty comments on here for a few years now, it's really bad. I don't get it either cause she is a nice person and never says anything bad about the people on here.
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion - If anybody was saying anything really nasty I would stop it however I haven't seen anything massively nasty. People state facts about things she has done and I certainly won't go into what she did many years ago but her actions speak louder than words. In fact only a few years ago Janice had blocked her sites name from specktra - however because she is the bigger person she lifted the ban so people could talk about her. however when people take info from here that our members have posted for us and act like it is there own - that is not cool no matter who does it! sure she gave a source but it was tiny compared to the huge one the russian site got. she has a blog and we have a forum - totally different things and to me there should be no issues at all - she has so many readers and hits each day so why does she need to take info from others? esp when they are completely different things.

kimibos

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion - If anybody was saying anything really nasty I would stop it however I haven't seen anything massively nasty. People state facts about things she has done and I certainly won't go into what she did many years ago but her actions speak louder than words. In fact only a few years ago Janice had blocked her sites name from specktra - however because she is the bigger person she lifted the ban so people could talk about her. however when people take info from here that our members have posted for us and act like it is there own - that is not cool no matter who does it! sure she gave a source but it was tiny compared to the huge one the russian site got. she has a blog and we have a forum - totally different things and to me there should be no issues at all - she has so many readers and hits each day so why does she need to take info from others? esp when they are completely different things.
I agree with you lou, when i saw her post i didnt even notice the source link i thought that the info was hers. she should have said at the start of the post that the info is from specktra.
i can definitely picture her angry if we would have taken something from her blog and post it here with such tiny source link.

kimibos

all the lipsticks are amazing...flamingo is my BUx2~~

this collection is a dream for a lipstick junkie
pompom.gif
every single one sounds beautiful!!!!

HoneyMilk

You're right, she doesn't mention the people here because then she would have to accurately site her sources!
BAM!

worms.gif
boxing.gif

Miss Dynamite

You're right, she doesn't mention the people here because then she would have to accurately site her sources!
BAM!

worms.gif
boxing.gif
Which she always has done in all the years I've been reading her blog. Hell, I found this site and many others thru hers. Like I said, I've been reading people saying this crap for years...eventually you kinda gotta stand up and say something, even if I risk getting in trouble or kicked out for it.

Rezel

Everything ever said about her is very nasty, and people come up with the most pathetic excuses to justify it. She has never acted like it was her own, she does the exact same thing everybody on here does...gets the info from other sites or people, why is it only wrong when she does it? Not only do people say nasty things here, but they even go and harass her on her site. Sorry but that is much worse than posting a link that isn't big enough to make you guys happy. I could see the point if she didn't post one at all.

Which she always has done in all the years I've been reading her blog. Hell, I found this site and many others thru hers. Like I said, I've been reading people saying this crap for years...eventually you kinda gotta stand up and say something, even if I risk getting in trouble or kicked out for it.
Precisely, someone's gotta stand up that's why I voiced out my opinion re her lack of proper crediting of her sources. I also don't think people here are harassing her on her site. The comment I left her was not directed towards her or in any way an attack on her personally. It's just another way of stating the fact that she got her info from this site. I don't think she would've approved that comment if she thought it was an insult to her.

Now, I found her site way before I joined Specktra. I have nothing against her and still go to her site for swatches but when I see something that isn't right, I have to do something about it in my own little way. She credited the Russian blog properly so why can't she do the same for Specktra. That was my main issue. Give credit where credit is due.

Richelle83

Everything ever said about her is very nasty, and people come up with the most pathetic excuses to justify it. She has never acted like it was her own, she does the exact same thing everybody on here does...gets the info from other sites or people, why is it only wrong when she does it? Not only do people say nasty things here, but they even go and harass her on her site. Sorry but that is much worse than posting a link that isn't big enough to make you guys happy. I could see the point if she didn't post one at all.

I may be new here, but certainly not new to the shenanigans. So IMO T didn't give proper credit, it should be pretty obvious she didn't do it properly. Have people been nasty here-absolutely not. If you think being nasty is going against her than you seriously need to ignore posts referring to her. Everyone has been extremely nice here, I've been on some boards where she would have been ripped to shreds. And from what I've seen on her comment sections no one said anything nasty on there either. But there are a gagillion different comments how are you possibly sure they all came from here?

Anywho! I'm getting really excited for some swatches, I guess December is when that will happen lol.

Miss Dynamite

Precisely, someone's gotta stand up that's why I voiced out my opinion re her lack of proper crediting of her sources. I also don't think people here are harassing her on her site. The comment I left her was not directed towards her or in any way an attack on her personally. It's just another way of stating the fact that she got her info from this site. I don't think she would've approved that comment if she thought it was an insult to her.

Now, I found her site way before I joined Specktra. I have nothing against her and still go to her site for swatches but when I see something that isn't right, I have to do something about it in my own little way. She credited the Russian blog properly so why can't she do the same for Specktra. That was my main issue. Give credit where credit is due.
But the thing is...she DID credit Specktra. So why are people still acting like she did something wrong when she didn't?

spunky

But the thing is...she DID credit Specktra. So why are people still acting like she did something wrong when she didn't?

Because she did a banner at the top of the post as a source for the Russian blog, but a dinky wee text link at the bottom of the post for Specktra. You'd only see Specktra credited if you were looking for it.

Mac-Guy

I think you miss the point. There is a big difference in how you credit. If you lift information from another site - and I am talking here about 5 collections just in the last few days - you should be polite enough to give credit at the top of your page in preference in big fat letters or in a color so it stand out.

If you lift entire color stories - including spelling mistakes - but give a tiny little credit at the bottom of the page where you know that nobody will read it, that's just pathetic.

I have not seen anything nasty on Specktra, but what she is doing makes some people very uncomfortable. It's just unnecessary to act like this, especially - as Lou aptly pointed out - the forum here is no competition for her. At least I do not see T as a competition. I do appreciate the layout of her page, which is, IMO, easier to read than the color story on Specktra, but that's probably just a personal preference (or I can blame my brain or eyes).

PS: Admittedly, I had issues with her arbitrary grading system in the past, but that's a whole different story and I don't want to open up a can of worms.

Richelle83

Let me also say no one is ganging up on you Miss Dynamite(not that you have expressed this or will,just saying). You stated your opinion, and were stating ours.

Miss Dynamite

I think you miss the point. There is a big difference in how you credit. If you lift information from another site - and I am talking here about 5 collections just in the last few days - you should be polite enough to give credit at the top of your page in preference in big fat letters or in a color so it stand out.

If you lift entire color stories - including spelling mistakes - but give a tiny little credit at the bottom of the page where you know that nobody will read it, that's just pathetic.

I have not seen anything nasty on Specktra, but what she is doing makes some people very uncomfortable. It's just unnecessary to act like this, especially - as Lou aptly pointed out - the forum here is no competition for her. At least I do not see T as a competition. I do appreciate the layout of her page, which is, IMO, easier to read than the color story on Specktra, but that's probably just a personal preference (or I can blame my brain or eyes).

PS: Admittedly, I had issues with her arbitrary grading system in the past, but that's a whole different story and I don't want to open up a can of worms.
Soo it's basically like the whole guy obsession with size. That is the first time I ever saw her put a big link at the top, there was probably a specific reason why she did it. But there is nothing wrong with the link she put to Specktra, it's still easy to find, a normal size and works just fine. Some people act like she stabbed their puppy.

spunky

Soo it's basically like the whole guy obsession with size. That is the first time I ever saw her put a big link at the top, there was probably a specific reason why she did it. But there is nothing wrong with the link she put to Specktra, it's still easy to find, a normal size and works just fine. Some people act like she stabbed their puppy.
Deary me, that's a bit melodramatic, isn't it?

Mac-Guy

Well, Miss Dynamite, you certainly made my day with your comment about size. And thank you very much, I'm very well endowed in all aspects of my life. LOL.

Shall we return to Oh-so-cute-Iris-Apfel now?

ladyarwen

Personally, I don't care where she gets her info about color stories from or if she credits anyone because in the end, it's all going to be the same, whether she got it from MAC or someone here. I WOULD have a problem if she lifted personal product photos, swatches, and reviews and didn't give credit, and I think we all know she doesn't do that.

In the words of Forrest Gump: "That's all I have to say about that."

spunky

Does the pink lipstick in this collection sound like a possible dupe for the pink one from Quite Cute?