MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

ladyarwen

Does the pink lipstick in this collection sound like a possible dupe for the pink one from Quite Cute?

From the description, I don't think they would be TOO similar, but only because Candy Yum Yum is like POW! In your FACE neon pink.
boxing.gif
(And I'm not entirely sure what MAC means by "cleanest" anyway. XD) We shall know for sure once we get pics, as always.

spunky

From the description, I don't think they would be TOO similar, but only because Candy Yum Yum is like POW! In your FACE neon pink.
boxing.gif
(And I'm not entirely sure what MAC means by "cleanest" anyway. XD) We shall know for sure once we get pics, as always.

Absolutely gutted I didn't pick it up now, what was I thinking?!

katred

Specktra Bestie

Absolutely gutted I didn't pick it up now, what was I thinking?!
There's an YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick that's very close. Less of a matte finish, but the colour is the same. I believe it's No. 27- it came out with their Fall collection, but the colour is permanent. I believe someone (sorry, not sure who) said that there's a shade from Stila that's very similar as well. And, of course, when Mac has a successful colour, they do tend to repromote it.

I'm really eager to see swatches from this collection, not that we're likely to for a while. The shades we've seen already look so pretty! And, of course, this collection has the HerGreyness stamp of approval, which is much desired...

OctoberViolet

I'm kind of hoping Pigeon Pink will be a lightish pinky pink lipstick. I haven't had one in awhile. I am hoping not too dark or too neon(ish) like Candy Yum Yum. It's hard to describe what I hope it would be, but I have a feeling that no matter what I'll be picking up all five lippies from this collection.

There's an YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick that's very close. Less of a matte finish, but the colour is the same. I believe it's No. 27- it came out with their Fall collection, but the colour is permanent. I believe someone (sorry, not sure who) said that there's a shade from Stila that's very similar as well. And, of course, when Mac has a successful colour, they do tend to repromote it.

I'm really eager to see swatches from this collection, not that we're likely to for a while. The shades we've seen already look so pretty! And, of course, this collection has the HerGreyness stamp of approval, which is much desired...

spunky

Thanks for the tip :)

User38

^ Thank you katred, for the vote of confidence.. I try not to let you guys down if I know that something in a collex is good.

the "clean" pink means it is a true pink with no substantial blue/yellow/grey/brown undertones.. true pink is usually a mix of red/white = neutral.

but I will stress that all the colours in this collex are amazing.
yahoo.gif

UrbanSweetheart

I am SOOOOOO excited about this collection!!!!
yahoo.gif
thank you panther27 & lou for the details so soon!!
DAMN YOU MAC...this collection is so me! I want almost everything O_O
My wallet is crying....and not tears of joy >_< lol!

HMC

You know...all i have to hear is "Bright Matte Lipsticks" and I'm sold. I'm so getting some of these lippies if I get some cash for Christmas! Does anyone else find it interesting that with both this collection and the Naturally Collection all of the colors are super bright and spring-like? And it's still very much Winter when they're being released?

LMD84

Well, Miss Dynamite, you certainly made my day with your comment about size. And thank you very much, I'm very well endowed in all aspects of my life. LOL.

Shall we return to Oh-so-cute-Iris-Apfel now?
ha ha! i bet you are! :p

spunky

not its not. only I can pull off neon pants... it would be wrong if its you.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I bought bright pink PVC jeans off ebay when I was drunk?
girlhaha.gif
Never worn them, but they're in my chest of drawers!

liba

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I bought bright pink PVC jeans off ebay when I was drunk?
girlhaha.gif
'Bust 'em out, missy!! Don't be shy! I've still got a pair of silver plastic holographic patterned jeans from the 90's and I wear 'em!
nanaparty.gif

laylalovesmac

girlhaha.gif
I'm with liba (nice to see you, liba <3)- bust em out!! I need pics to believe you anyway.
cutey.gif