MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

User38

^^ you guys are adorable.. lol
friends.gif

but don't trust me.. I only know what little I do know.. ha.

EngineerBarbie

As I have finally stopped coughing about the price of the Gareth Pugh collection, I'm planning to haul as much as possible from this one.

HG, any insight into how good the matte shadows from this collection are? Is the payoff worth it (if you know)? I wonder if Howzat is similar to HocusPocus.

User38

EngineerBarbie.. the es are good quality/colour payoff.. no problems. Howzat is a repromoted colour and it is a darkened grey black.. very lovely quality too.

katred, october violet.. you are too sweet to this old bag
friends.gif

ladyarwen

I have my preliminary list worked out!
Pink Pigeon ls
Party Parrot ls
Scarlet Ibis ls
Entertain Me ls
Embrace Me ls
Too Chic bp
Silver Gull es
Robins Egg es
Diamond Dove es
Early Bird es
Howzat es

In reality, I'll probably wind up with only half of this, but hopefully I can get enough giftcards for Christmas.

OctoberViolet

Great preliminary list ladyarwen! I am getting four out of the five lippies: Pink Pigeon, Party Parrot, Scarlet Ibis & Flamingo. If I still have any money left over, I am planning on buying Silver Gull & Diamond Dove e/s.

I have my preliminary list worked out!
Pink Pigeon ls
Party Parrot ls
Scarlet Ibis ls
Entertain Me ls
Embrace Me ls
Too Chic bp
Silver Gull es
Robins Egg es
Diamond Dove es
Early Bird es
Howzat es

In reality, I'll probably wind up with only half of this, but hopefully I can get enough giftcards for Christmas.

katred

Specktra Bestie
At the moment, these are the things that are calling to me in their sweet birdsong...

Pink pigeon-bright cleanest pink (m)
Scarlet ibis-bright orange red (m)
Party parrot-bright red pink (m)
Flamingo-light milky bright coral (l)
Silver gull-blue grey w/ sparkle (v)
Diamond dove-deep grey brown (m)
Early bird-bright coral (m)

Not super-sure about Early Bird, since I have a nice matte coral from Inglot, plus Sushi Flower, which is a pretty coral-toned pink, but I'm at least curious to see it. Of the lipsticks, the one I'm wavering most on is Scarlet Ibis. I don't do warm, bright reds a lot (I had and returned Lady Danger and I generally turn to Hourglass' Raven for my orange-red needs), but I've been loving Mac's matte shades lately, so maybe this one will stand out enough to warrant a purchase.

romi79_2008

Unfortunately I can wear mate ls because I have very dry lips and even though I can make them look good with a lot of lipbalm and exfoliating it only lasts a couple of hour and mate & dry lipstick only aggravates them. So I `ll probably skip the ls even though I`m already drooling over their description now probably some more when the swatches will be in but I can`t buy them, I shouldn`t

aradhana

so my list is basically all the eyeshadows, and all the lippies, minus maybe pink pigeon...if it's supposed to be similar to candy yum yum. i bought candy yum yum, and the one time i tried to wear it, my husband looked at me like i had lost my mind. so i ended up wiping it off....not much point in having another lipstick like that!

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Excited about this collection!

My list for now:
Pink Pigeon
Scarlet Ibis
Party Parrot
Flamingo
Robins Egg

Maybe:
Silver Gull
Diamond Dove
Early Bird
Howzat

Piarpreet

Is howzat LE? I only like this shade from one of the holliday palettes I LOVE it. I hope that if its LE its an individual shadow so i can get it :)

Latest posts