MAC Art of Powder Discussion

LMD84

thanks for posting the link for me! see how pretty it is! and i always try and limit myself just one item from chanel from each collection - then the following month if i want more i shall buy another :)

Mac-Guy

thanks for posting the link for me! see how pretty it is! and i always try and limit myself just one item from chanel from each collection - then the following month if i want more i shall buy another :)

You wallet will be thankful for this strategy. I always live in denial about Chanel. Once I start buying, I probably can't stop. LOL.

Anyway, looks like my AoP stuff is not coming until tomorrow. UPS is so slow!

LMD84

You wallet will be thankful for this strategy. I always live in denial about Chanel. Once I start buying, I probably can't stop. LOL.

Anyway, looks like my AoP stuff is not coming until tomorrow. UPS is so slow!
yup! this month i bought the new gel shadow as well as my foundation - but foundation doesn't count because it is an essential product :) if that makes sense! the specktra blog post is on the shadow actually today - Chanel Epatant Illusion D’Ombre shadow super duper pretty!!

Mac-Guy

Finally, my stuff arrived.
love.gif

Mac-Guy

I'm in love with this one. Now I'm debating whether to get another

Side by Side with an MSF to compare size

I do like the texture of the highlighter as it is very soft and not too powdery. If you want another one, go for it before it hits the website.

Rinstar

I've decided to get the bronzer. I want the e/s too, but should really only get one. I use bronzer daily, so I figure the bronzer is a worthwhile purchase!

Mac-Guy

I absolutely love love love how vibrant, yet sophisticated, the colors of the Street Art palette turn out on me.

I love love love the orange and the gold shade. The orange is a more orangey-based version of Mythical, and IMO, it's easier to work with than Angel Flame. The gold is a very neutral gold shade, neither too warm or too cold. Most gold e/s pull either too yellow or have some other shade mixed into it, but the gold from the SA palette is right on target if you are looking for a neutral gold.

I also like the seafoam and the baby blue as they will make a nice inner corner highlight when used lightly.

Those who have cool undertones will appreciate that the pink shade has a coolish hue to it, which will work equally well as a cheek highlight or on the brow bone.

I adore that all those shades have the same buttery texture, which makes it easy to work with in terms of blending. IMO, there is enough product in the palette so that it should not be too difficult to pick the color you want. Given the color palette, if you like sunset/tropical looks, this is a dream as you have all the colors you need in one product.

The swatches here are with the 239, one single brush stroke. That's how I'd wear it, but you can certainly build it to an even more intense color if you desire to do so.

I think I need another BU of it!
love.gif

Mac-Guy

I will also get another BU of the bronzer. For me, it is the perfect summer-to-fall-transition bronzer as it has enough red/pink to give me a glow while the bronzer is more subtle than any of the bronzers I have. I've been using it extensively for three days now and the palette looks like new, so it will certainly last me for a long time, including the pink overlay. IMO, it is a very clever concept as the color blend beautifully. I'm surprised how well the design holds up despite me torturing it with the 187. I believe this is due to the combination of the softer bronzer powder and the more rigid pink. Basically, each time you pick up more bronzer than pink, and the mix is just what I am looking for in a Fall color bronzer.

LMD84

I absolutely love love love how vibrant, yet sophisticated, the colors of the Street Art palette turn out on me.

I love love love the orange and the gold shade. The orange is a more orangey-based version of Mythical, and IMO, it's easier to work with than Angel Flame. The gold is a very neutral gold shade, neither too warm or too cold. Most gold e/s pull either too yellow or have some other shade mixed into it, but the gold from the SA palette is right on target if you are looking for a neutral gold.

I also like the seafoam and the baby blue as they will make a nice inner corner highlight when used lightly.

Those who have cool undertones will appreciate that the pink shade has a coolish hue to it, which will work equally well as a cheek highlight or on the brow bone.

I adore that all those shades have the same buttery texture, which makes it easy to work with in terms of blending. IMO, there is enough product in the palette so that it should not be too difficult to pick the color you want. Given the color palette, if you like sunset/tropical looks, this is a dream as you have all the colors you need in one product.

The swatches here are with the 239, one single brush stroke. That's how I'd wear it, but you can certainly build it to an even more intense color if you desire to do so.

I think I need another BU of it!
love.gif

oh yes the orange shade kinda steals the show doesn't it?! :) fabulous!

Mac-Guy

oh yes the orange shade kinda steals the show doesn't it?! :) fabulous!
The only critique I have is that this collection should have been released earlier. While this Falls is dominated by vibrant and/or pastel colors, it still feels that the palette is more summery or even more Spring than Fall. However, it is absolutely in line with the current MU fashion, so it's probably a smart move to release it now.

I have no fall-out issues with the e/s palette, but I always pay attention to how I apply it, which IMO, makes a big difference.

LMD84

The only critique I have is that this collection should have been released earlier. While this Falls is dominated by vibrant and/or pastel colors, it still feels that the palette is more summery or even more Spring than Fall. However, it is absolutely in line with the current MU fashion, so it's probably a smart move to release it now.
I have no fall-out issues with the e/s palette, but I always pay attention to how I apply it, which IMO, makes a big difference.
I understand what you mean - it would have been nice to have in July perhaps because there was a bit of a gap with collections then too so people would perhaps have extra money to buy it! What brush do you use to apply the shades? a 239?

Mac-Guy

Yes, a 239, just one stroke. The texture is really buttery - almost like a Veluxe Peal finish - so it's very easy to get a good swatch in just one stroke.