MAC Art of Powder Discussion

martiangurll

These e/s colors would have gone well with the Surf Baby collection. If I wasn't so deep in more highlighters than I can possibly use in 9 lifetimes, I could be enabled to buy this highlighter too. Aw, what the heck, can you compare to Porcelain Pink? And I am guessing it is fine milled like butter, right? How does the texture of the e/s compare to peacocky or styledrive e/s? how does the highligher texture compare to either beauty powder or MSF texture?

I know I am being so nosy but hopefully some of you are sweet enough to indulge me, all in the name of enabling. I can drool over color through the monitor, but I am finding it is the texture of these things I get really excited about lately. A palette can be great but if it is chalky, it is sort of a waste.

Sushi~Flower

So yes, they are pretty complicated, but I think they are beautiful. Im buying all three and have black floating frames to put them on my wall near my make up vanity. Makeup. ART. Cosmetics. Those babies will never see a brush!

Haven

Good post! I have also been wondering about the texture of the bronzer & highlighter (which I really do not need!). If anyone has thoughts on this please share!
These e/s colors would have gone well with the Surf Baby collection. If I wasn't so deep in more highlighters than I can possibly use in 9 lifetimes, I could be enabled to buy this highlighter too. Aw, what the heck, can you compare to Porcelain Pink? And I am guessing it is fine milled like butter, right? How does the texture of the e/s compare to peacocky or styledrive e/s? how does the highligher texture compare to either beauty powder or MSF texture?

I know I am being so nosy but hopefully some of you are sweet enough to indulge me, all in the name of enabling. I can drool over color through the monitor, but I am finding it is the texture of these things I get really excited about lately. A palette can be great but if it is chalky, it is sort of a waste.

Mac-Guy

Good post!  I have also been wondering about the texture of the bronzer & highlighter (which I really do not need!).  If anyone has thoughts on this please share!

Just read the previous posts. I posted quite a lot about the AoP.

LMD84

So yes, they are pretty complicated, but I think they are beautiful. Im buying all three and have black floating frames to put them on my wall near my make up vanity. Makeup. ART. Cosmetics. Those babies will never see a brush!

that is pretty cool! a very good idea.:)

Adee

Wow. It's been on the site for days now and hasn't sold out yet... Maybe I will get to pick up one of the highlighters after all!

xasperadastra

I've swatched In the abstract highlighter!! It's really cute, a light peachy color! Also its shape is cute (it's smal!!)

MACina

I loooove In The Abstract
eyelove.gif

So pretty....I use it as a blush and it gives me such a lovely "fresh" look.

I think that I should get a BU
blush-anim-cl.gif

Adee

Got a 2-day shipping code (mac2) so finally ordered the eye palette. Can't wait to get to play with it! It should be here Monday.

Mac-Guy

to my eyes it was small compared to a MSF... a little bit larger than a benefit blush (I mean the size of the product, not the packaging)... liked it anyways! But I though they were bigger

If you only use it as a highlight, it will last you forever.

Adee

I got my eye palette the other day and omg I LOVE it! It's my new fave right now. T is so buttery soft and the colors are gorgeous. I did a look with it right away and it was super easy to work with. I used the 239 to pick up the colors. I'll try to post pics later when I have a better Internet connection. I think I'll be ordering a backup of this palette!

Mac-Guy

I got my eye palette the other day and omg I LOVE it! It's my new fave right now. T is so buttery soft and the colors are gorgeous. I did a look with it right away and it was super easy to work with. I used the 239 to pick up the colors. I'll try to post pics later when I have a better Internet connection. I think I'll be ordering a backup of this palette!

Aren't the colors easy to work with?
love.gif
I do love the palette a lot and despite several uses, the design looks pretty much intact.

I find that the green shades comes very close to Shimmermint MES - it's the perfect tearduct highlighter.

Adee

Aren't the colors easy to work with?
love.gif
I do love the palette a lot and despite several uses, the design looks pretty much intact.

I find that the green shades comes very close to Shimmermint MES - it's the perfect tearduct highlighter.

I honestly think this is one of the highest quality palettes from Mac that I've gotten. I absolutely love it. I used the green on my lid and it was beautiful, but I will have to try it as a tearduct highlighter. I love the orange too. It looks great in the crease with the green on my lid!:eyelove: Thanks for the review Mac-Guy, if it weren't for your thoughts and swatches I probably would have passed on this one!

Mac-Guy

Thanks for the review Mac-Guy, if it weren't for your thoughts and swatches I probably would have passed on this one!

I'm glad it works out for you and I'm still in love with the palette. Did you BU it? I got one BU, though due to the size of the product, it will take me a long time until I hit pan.