MAC - Balloonacy Discussion

AudreyNicole

Re: Balloonacy Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
I like the orange lips does anyone know what combo the promo model is wearing? And yes what is with her hat made of hair?! Not a good look..lol.

Supposedly Up Note l/s
smiles.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM26
This collection sounds fun! I can't wait to see it
clap.gif

You don't have to wait!
I was just at the MAC site(4:30 p.m. CDT; 3/21/07), and Balloonacy is on there!
All I've ordered so far is "Full Blown" lipstick, but I plan on going back for at least the Violet pigment(possibly Helium also), and maybe the quad ...

mezzamy

just finished a live-chat where i asked about the highlight powders and Helium pigment

after one application, the shimmer overspray is gone and underneath is a more matte product. she compares the matte product to the beauty powders rather than a blush.

i asked how similar the Pearl Sunshine BP is to Hullaballoo and she said that Pearl Sunshine has pink pearlised pigments to it whereas Hullaballoo is more peach. She recommended using Mellow Rave as a contouring powder and that the 182 would be the best to use with these powders.

oh i also asked how pink Helium Pigment is because it looks like a light purple in the pictures i've seen :S She said it's definitely more pink and would be fine to use on the cheeks (i was hoping to use Helium as a highlight like i use Pink Opal and Vanilla)

HTH!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzamy
just finished a live-chat where i asked after one application, the shimmer overspray is gone and underneath is a more matte product. she compares the matte product to the beauty powders rather than a blush.

That seems right-ish. I tested the High-Light Powders, and once the shimmer layer is gone they are very much like a Powder Blush. The Beauty Powders have a very subtle pearlized or low-key mettalic to them, while the High-Lighters are much much much more matte.

maxcat

The highlight powders are just so disappointing... the sheen is AMAZING and it comes RIGHT OFF. Couldn't believe it. The lighter one is a dead ringer for Cheek. And I'm not sure what they're going to highlight... they're matte blushes.

User40

I think the promo pic for this one is one of my least favorites too. Whatever she's wearing brings to mind a trash bag liner and I hate her hair.

Nevertheless, I love purple shades and sparkle. I got the Helium pigment, Out for Fun l/g and Iris Accents Softsparkle Pencil, all my budget would allow for right now. I also got Pervette l/s and Snowgirl l/g. I thought they would go nicely with. I thought the quad was gorgeous, but not quite the shades of purple/lavender I was looking for.

:balloons:

User40

I think the promo pic for this one is one of my least favorites too. Whatever she's wearing brings to mind a trash bag liner and I hate her hair.

Nevertheless, I love purple shades and sparkle. I got the Helium pigment, Out for Fun l/g and Iris Accents Softsparkle Pencil, all my budget would allow for right now. I also got Pervette l/s and Snowgirl l/g. I thought they would go nicely with. I thought the quad was gorgeous, but not quite the shades of purple/lavender I was looking for.

:balloons:

glittergoddess27

Well I hauled today and was surprised at how much I didnt get,...
The quad wasnt what I had hoped for,.. it was too much like Nylon, Lavendar sky, Jeweltone(or was it B-Rich??) and black tied,..

I did get Goldenair,.. the SSP's being defining items of this collection IMO,.. Mint and Olive was beautiful,.. like sweet sage fluideline with lots of gold sparkle,.. or you could get there with eyeliner mix medium + Golden Olive piggie + Reflects Gold,...but I didnt get that,.. I don't wear olive tones too much,..but I ordered a backup Nightsky online yesterday.

I did get Hullabaloo,.. plan to at least give this a try,.. hopeing for something like "Pretty Baby BP" out of it once the shimmeries are gone,.. If not then back it will go.

I B2M-ed for Festivity which I really like.

I did get Helium Piggie,.. I have other pigments like it that reflect pink but the texture of this makes it special,. over a shadestick or paint,.. It really jumps out.

I already have Pink Meringue which was the lipglass that looked good on me,.. surprisingly Silly girl while orange int he tube was not like Ola Mango from C-squeeze... this one just disappeared on my lips leaving a really low low shimmer,.. so I passed on those too,.. Surprisingly only spent $58 in the store,.. and $14 online for this collection.

talk2mesun

wow, not sure if i have ever been so unimpressed with a collection. there wasnt one thing at the counter i found worthy of buying, a few things were OK but if you have a decent collection of perm products there wasnt anything really necessary. the powders were horrible once the overspray came off and were even completely different colors at that point. the green and gold softsparkle eye pencils are pretty but they tear up my eyes and the green one could easily be recreated with some golden olive. the 2 new pigments were completely unimpressive...the purple was a pastel inbetween kind of purple but the finish of it barely stuck to my skin, whereas helium didnt stick whatsoever. it was kitchmas but pink instead of purple 100%, and if sunlight hits it it looks like glitter and if its in the shade it looks crappy imo. not big on nails so i cant comment on the nailcolor. nothing special about the lip products - festivity lipstick and the peachyorange lipglass were the only somewhat unique ones. the quad was decent but again, nothing spectacular. my counter did NOT have the paulina rubio lipstick out though, maybe ill have better luck with that. more money for summer collections i guess! bring on some msfs why dont you mac!

GothicGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
I'm actually not getting a single thing from this collection. It all seems so...I dunno, done before? And I'm not into the goth look, and while I know I don't have to make it look goth, the fact that it's merchadised like that turns me off.

My dear, if the collection being merchandised as goth turns you off, you should be turned on all over again, because this is sooooo not goth! Even the quad is not that appropriate for gothic makeup...There is the purple e/s - so far, so good -, a grey (goth?meeeeh), a white and a pink shade (GOTH?????? Where, in Emo-land???) The only goth thing in the collection are the nail polishes and the model´s eyes! Full Blown l/s was a disappointment, I was expecting purple and AGAIN I get that bland berry thing...And orange lipsticks? Please, no goth would ever wear that...Highlight powders in those shades? This is for tan people!

Don´t get me wrong, I enjoyed the idea of MAC doing something for alternative makeup styles, and I am gonna get the quad, but seriously, Nocturnelle Collection of 2006 was way goth-ier than this!

Ms. Z

I got mine today @ Macy's on 34th. I love the quad; even if I don't wear it, that purple is g
eyelove.gif
rgeous!

garnetmoon

i was fairly underwhelmed by this collection but i did pick up a couple of things...Full Blown l/s and Perky l/g. Full Blown and Perky look good together and i'm glad i tried Perky this way b/c on its own it looked horrible on me.

i thought i would get the quad and some pigments but the dark purple in the quad was too chalky and the lighter purple wasn't anything special (i could care less about the other two quad colors). i was most disappointed with the pigments. Helium was too light and it rubbed off super easily and Viz a Violet was just a blah purple to me. i may change my mind over time as the MA put on the quad and Viz a Violet while i was there and it looked really good on her and we're about the same complexion. But i just didn't see it as must have. instead i decided to actually get a couple more Barbie things that i didn't have yet.

what's weird is the MA didn't know anything about Strange Hybrid or Moonbathe/Sunstrip when i asked about it...i actually had to tell them about it...lol.

Jacq-i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicGirl
this is sooooo not goth!

I hear you on that. I was hoping this would be goth, I love a good black e/s. This collection is too purple for me.
ssad.gif

EmbalmerBabe

Hello if anyone is interested I wanted to know what lip combo the Balloonacy model is wearing so I emailed MAC here is the response:

The Balloonacy model is wearing SUMMERFRUIT Cremestick(pale coral) and FESTIVITY
Frost Lipstick (mid-tone coral pink with gold pearlized pigments). We added a touch
of SILLY GIRL Lipglass (pastel peach with multicoloured pearlized pigments) on top
for a smooth shine.

Just to clear that up.
Thankyou
smiles.gif

EmbalmerBabe

Quote:
My dear, if the collection being merchandised as goth turns you off, you should be turned on all over again, because this is sooooo not goth! Even the quad is not that appropriate for gothic makeup...There is the purple e/s - so far, so good -, a grey (goth?meeeeh), a white and a pink shade (GOTH?????? Where, in Emo-land???) The only goth thing in the collection are the nail polishes and the model´s eyes! Full Blown l/s was a disappointment, I was expecting purple and AGAIN I get that bland berry thing...And orange lipsticks? Please, no goth would ever wear that...Highlight powders in those shades? This is for tan people!

Don´t get me wrong, I enjoyed the idea of MAC doing something for alternative makeup styles, and I am gonna get the quad, but seriously, Nocturnelle Collection of 2006 was way goth-ier than this!

Have you tried Hipster lipstick? It's a nice rich dark purple with red tones.
eyelove.gif

SandMantas

Quote:

They can market it as "goth," and I think that's approrpriate. I don't think there's ONE particular style of makeup that's goth. I will agree with you that Nocturnelle was perhaps closer to what's conventionally thought of as gothic makeup, but I dislike limiting makeup styles like that. I've seen many goth-y types rock vivid colors. Gothic-style makeup isn't just black and purple eyeshadow.
Additionally, there are plenty of goths and people who tend towards gothic styles who aren't paper-white.

Arabella

Quote:
Full Blown l/s was a disappointment, I was expecting purple and AGAIN I get that bland berry thing...

I totally agree. Full Blown is pretty, but I wanted an actual purple lipstick.
ssad.gif
I wish MAC would do a better job at describing the colors.

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt
how are the Soft Sparkle Pencils with contact lenses?

Hmm, I wear them with my colored contacts and never had a problem,.. but a large number of people have trouble wearing them with contacts,... so its probably a personal judgement call.