MAC - Balloonacy Discussion

SELFstyled

Re: Balloonacy Discussion

Good review Mac_Whore!

Hmm, I wasn't too impressed with the eye shadows, pigments nor the highlighters from this collection. I did pick up the lipglasses (Perky, Pink Meringue & Out For Fun) and lipsticks (Full Blown, Festivity & Fun Fun) though.

Holly

I gotta say, when I saw Balloonacy in MAC I really wasn't too impressed :/ I got helium pigment (which, like MAC_Whore says- is cornflakey) upnote l/s festivity l/s and out for fun lipglass (cuz I lost my other light coloured lipglass). Highlights powders only had that shimmery overspray, so I changed my mind on that, viz-a-violet is totally like other violet pigments so I couldnt justify buying that. I only wanted the quad for the purple, and that was chalky
tong.gif
. Oh well, more money for me to spend on the Hybrid collection
rofl.gif

MACgirl

my take on balloonacy:
First off i would like to say i was extremely anticipating this collection when i first saw it at update, in fact all of my coworkers were as well. BUT when it launched i was so disapointed with the exception of a few things...my review:

Pandamonuim X4: one of the best quads to have come out from a launch, violet trance is such a hot color, cloudbound is hot but similar to white wheat and the shadow in one of the raquel quads and magic dust eyeshadow, up at dawn was just like mancather and lavender sky, i havent really played with it for that reason as im not a fan of those 2 colors, and lastly pandamonuim, this actually is an underdog as its said to be liek knight divine or black tied, but it isnt, in fact for being a lustre (which surprises me becuase i dont think i remember it as a lustre at update) the payoff is amazing, you get the smokey grey color WITH noiticable silver glitter...def a favriot now.

pigments: first off viz-a- violet is violet applied lighty, which upset me, then the second biggest disapointment was heluim, yes i posted awhile back that this was THE hot ticket after seeing at update but frankly its not. Its chunky and not at all unique, ii know for a fact the heluim i fell in love with did not look like the chunky mess we got, at update i remember it having semi red glitter, the texture was similar to the pigments of danse.

liglasses- silly girl first of all was the hotness!!! it sold out within the first 4 days, the colors is so pretty plus my boyfriends mom calls me silly girl!. Next is perky, i used this on my sister and am on the fence about it becuase it does remind me of nico or opal even thos opal is a lustreglass. Pink meringue is a great color but everytime i wear it i just feel im wearing a knock off of nymphette...then thier is out for fun, holy cow can we stop with the white looking gloss but looks awsome on the lips (night affiar, pas-de-deux, phosphorelle,elle, fluer- de-light).

softsparkle eye pencil: i have been a fan of these since sweetie cake whe nthey launched, no rant here, i love mint and olive and goldenair is amazing as a base!

lipsticks:up note is pretty but forgetful, fun fun...another pink lustre?, full blown is unique i actually think its versatile, and then festivity which is amazing...

vin goth nail laquer: amazing! didnt even have a chance to purchase but i looove it!

and lastly my biggest disapointment:
the "highlight" powders: really these were hyped up to be amazing and at update they didnt have them so i didnt see them till we recived them and boy were these in the likes of glitz gloss and glimmer shimmers! the top layer is a beautiful frost which does make the face look soft and beautiful but after one use you end up with a chalky mess, with the exception of mello rave wich i use to softly contour on light skinned ladies. Haullaballo is reall a pink chakly mess......these would have been amazing..

i dont mean to kill lemmings or anything i jsut felt like saying my opinion....

GothicGirl

I checked out the pictures, the swatches, and...Don´t you guys agree with me when I say that Viz-a-Violet is Quietly p/m (which was exclusive for Asia), sold worldwide, with another name? Actually I´d love to be wrong, but they both look so much alike...I´m about to order nothing but a tiny sample...

addicted_2color

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicGirl
I checked out the pictures, the swatches, and...Don´t you guys agree with me when I say that Viz-a-Violet is Quietly p/m (which was exclusive for Asia), sold worldwide, with another name? Actually I´d love to be wrong, but they both look so much alike...I´m about to order nothing but a tiny sample...

That's what I thought too, but there are slight variations between the two. If you look at my post here you can see the slight change, especially on my skin.

Pink Xenomorph

You know, I might just forfeit the quad for the blue-violet lipstick and the blue and violet eyeshadows from Strange Hybrid. That actually looks like a collection that I might be able to wear-- IE, not too warm.

Even so, the lure of Violet Trance is rather strong. This 'budget' thing can bite me.

lexeroo929

I'm LOVING my Mint & Olive softsparkle! It makes my eyes look even greener than they already are!

I'm also looking forward to my golden olive piggy. they were out in my area =[

love this collection :)

BlahWah

I wanted Mint & Olive really badly but after swatching it next to New Weed I can't justify it... I think I'll just save up for the quad (while risking it being sold out, I know).. that's the only item on my list. Festivity is a darker and slightly frostier version of Charm Factor, Up Note a darker version of 15 Minutes, Helium is chunky (but so pretty!) and I have tons of purple pigments, so I'll relunctantly pass on Viz-A-Violet.

MAChostage

:sleep:

That's about the way I felt when I saw Balloonacy today for the first time.

I'm ready for the next collection.

redhead2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
:sleep:

That's about the way I felt when I saw Balloonacy today for the first time.

I'm ready for the next collection.

Being a pale redhead, I agree. The only thing that looked good was Silly Girl.

Next!!!!

CrouchingAfroHiddenPick

Quote:

That's why i didn't buy Viz-a-violet becasue it looked to close to Quietly, which I already have. Also, I don't know if anyone has said this yet, Pandemonium and Nighttrain are basically the same eyeshadow.

huggablesecret

Just to let you know, in the UK, Balloonacy is only available in Harvey Nichols, sorry if this has already been said
smiles.gif

Aerynna

Quote:
I checked out the pictures, the swatches, and...Don´t you guys agree with me when I say that Viz-a-Violet is Quietly p/m (which was exclusive for Asia), sold worldwide, with another name?

I actually think the entire Balloonacy collection is the U.S. equivalent of Lightful Colour. I have both sets, and the similarities make me say, "Oh, THAT'S why they didn't release Lightful Colour in the U.S.!" It's because they did release Lightful Colour in the U.S.; just with an American "twist," i.e., brighter, bolder, and more colorful.

The quad contains eyeshadows that are very similar to those released with Lightful Colour, though obviously more "pumped up." The Lightful Colour lipcolor stuff is also in the same line as the Balloonacy lip stuff.

I really think they are basically the same collection, for different markets.

Ernie

I just had a "Vin Goth" pedicure, love it. It looks even darker than in the bottle.

I also bought Helium pigment but returned it, I prefer kitchmas.

styrch

Quote:
I just had a "Vin Goth" pedicure, love it. It looks even darker than in the bottle.

You didn't find this too gritty? The texture on mine was terrible. This is the first Mac polish I've had that I honestly did not like. The color is pretty, but they really missed on texture IMO.

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by styrch
You didn't find this too gritty? The texture on mine was terrible. This is the first Mac polish I've had that I honestly did not like. The color is pretty, but they really missed on texture IMO.

No, mine was okay, not gritty at all. I bought mine at a Mac store, but today I was at Bloomingdales and I checked it out and tried it on a piece of tape and it was gritty. I wonder if there were different batches or if the
amount of glitter makes a difference? weird...

shayyadina

In Spain there is no Balloonancy collection right now. I was very excited with the highlight powders, but if they only higligh a few times I'll not buy them. I´ll take a look for the quad and maybe for pigments to buy them, but I'm so disappointed with this collection.

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Hmmm,
Call me the odd ball, but I actually liked this collection. I am fairly new to Mac (have been buying consistently since Jan) and I feel like this collection had a pretty good selection of new stuff (or at least new to me)
smiles.gif

I didn't pick up the pigments or the soft sparkle pencils because I was not too impressed with those, but I did get 3/4 lipsticks and lipglasses, as well as the quad and the mellow rave powder (a good contour imo)
All in all, whether its goth or not I picked up a bunch of things from Balloonacy because i didn't have colors like them and I liked them on me
smiles.gif

The ma used a lot of it on me and I think it looked great
smiles.gif

i feel the same i loved almost everything in this collection and got everything but the highlight powders which i may go back and get one..

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesha
I heard (from a member of the MAC_Cosmetics Yahoogroup) that Rubia is only being sold at counters in California, Florida and Texas, and online. If that's true, maybe that's why they didn't have it?

im in florida and i went this week to mac and not only did they not have it when i ask about it they didnt know what i was talking about.