MAC Basic Training

User49

Well the time has come for my basic training! I go on Sunday and am going to be enjoying a week at Mac. Now I'm packing and it's such a chore! I want to bring everything with me so I look my best! Any tips and advice in general about the basic training experience, what to wear and what to bring! I really don't plan on downsizing my suitcase for this one!
bigheart.gif

DirtyPlum

Re: Mac Basic Training

Hey!

Youre right to take everything with you!! Cos ur gonna need it... our trainer gave us themes for each day and held competitions for the person with the fiercest look etc... Take some good skincare cos there may be lots of applying and taking MU off.

You only have to take ur brush belt, urself, & your enthusiasm cos everything will be provided for you! I hope you get to make your own foundation - I was amazed!

Its gonna be intense and you will have long days but it will really fun, inspiring and informative!

Take ur best black outfits and all your MU and make it a week to remember!!

vocaltest

wow you lucky girl! that sounds like so much fun!
i wish i worked for mac... i did the phone interview and didn't get through
ssad.gif
slightly OT but how did you come about working for them? Did you hand in a cv or what? I swear UK Mac is harder to work for than US!

User49

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
wow you lucky girl! that sounds like so much fun!
i wish i worked for mac... i did the phone interview and didn't get through
ssad.gif
slightly OT but how did you come about working for them? Did you hand in a cv or what? I swear UK Mac is harder to work for than US!

WGood luck! Don't give up! xx

DirtyPlum

Yep it is, but take your brush belt (you should be given another one). Enjoy it!

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
Yep it is, but take your brush belt (you should be given another one). Enjoy it!

Really? I have been taking my brush belt, (well everyone has) and there hasnt been a mention of giving us another one.

So far, its been alot of fun! Today was day 3 and next week we go for the last 2 days
smiles.gif

DirtyPlum

^^ well I'm in the UK and we were provided the basic belt and brushes plus the MAC necklace on day one of Basic. My mngr had already ordered me a belt so I ended up with two, I gave it to one of my colleagues.

Did you make foundation?

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
^^ well I'm in the UK and we were provided the basic belt and brushes plus the MAC necklace on day one of Basic. My mngr had already ordered me a belt so I ended up with two, I gave it to one of my colleagues.

Did you make foundation?

Oh! I was given my pin and necklace at my first official day with my location. and I was given a brush belt there too.

Omg! Yes we made foundation out of paint sticks! It was so much fun! I was like really amazed lol

I still have 2 more days to go next week
smiles.gif

chocolategoddes

Anyone else have a detailed description of Basic Training?
It seems really interesting and fun and I want to hear ALL about it!
smiles.gif

MAC*GIRL08

I finished up training on Aug. 7th - it was fun and full of info. Now we didn't get pins or belts, we had to bring our own brushes. They did supply us with our workbooks and free lunch everyday! so that was nice. I took notes on everything and enjoyed learning about all MAC's products and understanding how your sales and AUS works is crucial! I will always remember Basic and the fun we all had!
yahoo.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
I am going next month. Is everythign provided for us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
Really? I have been taking my brush belt, (well everyone has) and there hasnt been a mention of giving us another one.

So far, its been alot of fun! Today was day 3 and next week we go for the last 2 days
smiles.gif

i took my brushbelt from work (not my personal one-i didn't have alot of my own at that point). if you don't have enough brushes, they should have extras there for you to use. everything else is provided, including breakfast, lunch and snacks.