MAC Basic Training

fafinette21

Re: Mac Basic Training

I'm curious about this, this sounds like an all day type thing for quite a few days, what do they do if they hire people who are students and who are only going to work part-time?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafinette21
I'm curious about this, this sounds like an all day type thing for quite a few days, what do they do if they hire people who are students and who are only going to work part-time?

i was in school and only working 10 hours a week when i went to basic. everyone has to go, no matter how many hours you work. you have to miss school and your other job if you have one. its a mandotory training. in the US its a 10-6 monday-friday class.

fafinette21

Yikes! I was thinking of applying after I get a bit more practice at application but there's no way I'd be able to miss a week of school. Not in fourth year, I'd fail.

glamdoll

Ok, well today was my last day of basic traning, and it was AMAZING! I loved all of it. I learned so much, met so many amazing people. I learned alot of product knowledge, but also artisty tips and tricks.

We met Chris del Castillo Senior artist for my region, and we also met Iris the RDATD and omg! I loved her, she is sooo inspiring and just a wonderful person.

I wont alot of gratis! yay! Got some LE discontinued stuff, and some stuff that will launch soon, 2 big totes as well. It was really cool.

Ours was 11-6 at the traning facility.
smiles.gif

User49

Glad you had so much fun! I felt like that after mine! Really inspired and passionate and even more glad I work for the company! You just learn so much and it's really fun! I didn't want to go home!! ;0) xx

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
Glad you had so much fun! I felt like that after mine! Really inspired and passionate and even more glad I work for the company! You just learn so much and it's really fun! I didn't want to go home!! ;0) xx

Tell me about it! I was like "Noooooo I wanna stay here!" lol it was a lot of fun, and very educational and inspiring.

*sigh* I was told after 5 years they send you again! lol yay! hope! heheh
smiles.gif

chocolategoddes

So, when you say everything is provided for you, does that mean you don't have to bring your own makeup and you guys arrive to the training bare-faced? Just curious...

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
So, when you say everything is provided for you, does that mean you don't have to bring your own makeup and you guys arrive to the training bare-faced? Just curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
Yup they provided all the makeup.

yep. there's no point in doing your makeup before you go because you end up taking it off and doing each others makeup everyday.

DirtyPlum

We had to go in with a completely different look each day. The trainer (I think) was assessing us on our looks, skills, efforts based on our looks. She told us what kinda looks to try each day. after the colour theory lesson, the following day we had to go in with a look using one of the colour theories... we then had portrait pics taken of us individually.

It was a tad bit frustrating, the constant on and off with the MU but it was fun at the same time.

glamdoll

wow, I wanted to wear makeup sometimes, but then again I was glad to sleep in a little bit lol. We wore no makeup at all, cus everyday we did demos or tried skin care and all that good stuff.

I miss it a bit! hehe

User49

Yeah I went in with make up. Everyone in my group did actually on all the days except either the third or fourth because on one particular day we did demos. And they have all the make up on the stands behind a tabel just like in a regular mac shop. Personally I would rather go in and make a lasting impression. We were told to look different everyday which was really fun! One girl even wore false lashes everyday in very different ways! It's your choice to really because if you don't want to wear any, u can always arrive early and do it there. I just would rather leave the house feeling ready for the day. I'm one of those girls who has to have at least some liner, foundation and gloss on and I'm happy
smiles.gif
Have fun miss_supra and tell us all about it!

I can't wait for Christmas Update training!! :0) xx

DirtyPlum

Yep we did demos everyday, but still had to go in with looks. I guess its up to each trainer?

Have a great time!

miss_supra

^It may be a UK thing? From what I am hearing the basic training in the US is different *shrugs*

DirtyPlum

^^Yeah and maybe even region to region. Its best to speak to your trainer and the other girls at ur store. When do u go?

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
^^Yeah and maybe even region to region. Its best to speak to your trainer and the other girls at ur store. When do u go?

Next week I go. I think it will be most similar to glamdoll since our regions are right next to each other. We'll see.
smiles.gif

glamdoll

Next week already? YAY!! You will have loads of fun, take pics, lots of notes, and yeah, you for sure will love it.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
Next week I o. I think it will be most similar to glamdoll since our regions are right next to each other. We'll see.
smiles.gif

shorty

DirtyPlum, We didnt have to go in with particular looks but every morning there was a mention of what we'd decided to wear that day, you could see the trainers taking note of who'd made the effort... on my last day me and my friend went as fafinettes and it was mentioned in front of the group, i wouldnt have dared gone in with no make up on, at the end of the day you're there with some important people and if you want to get somewhere you need to stand out!
greengrin.gif

basic was great fun, i'll try to dig out my photos from mine
greengrin.gif
x