MAC Basic Training

Celly

Re: Mac Basic Training

You are absolutely correct. I am a prime example of how Basic is there to help you in so many ways.

Ciara

Congrats Celly!!

thanks for posting pics.

I want to go work for mac!!!!

User49

I"m so glad you had fun! It's scary before you get there and then it's great! Am I aloud to be jelouse of the grab box! We got a measly fafi t shirt and one lipgloss! I am so envious of all that make up they gave you!!!!! Lucky thing! The bday cake thing is sooo cute! We got given a card and had to write one nice thing about the person in front of us and then switch cards and open them the day after we left! It was really sweet!!! :0)

makeupNdesign

OMG!! I'm so excited for my training now!!! Congrats, it looks like you had so much fun =) =)

Mine won't be until January though...sigh
ssad.gif

Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
I"m so glad you had fun! It's scary before you get there and then it's great! Am I aloud to be jelouse of the grab box! We got a measly fafi t shirt and one lipgloss! I am so envious of all that make up they gave you!!!!! Lucky thing! The bday cake thing is sooo cute! We got given a card and had to write one nice thing about the person in front of us and then switch cards and open them the day after we left! It was really sweet!!! :0)

Hey at least you guys got something. I think the card thing was super cute.

xcutiepie331x

WOW, it looks like you had a blast!! i was just wondering if you know whether your counter is hiring for seasonal positions, or any other positions right now? i live five minutes away from the bloomys at sherman oaks, and im DYING to work at mac...are you guys fully staffed as of right now?

Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcutiepie331x
WOW, it looks like you had a blast!! i was just wondering if you know whether your counter is hiring for seasonal positions, or any other positions right now? i live five minutes away from the bloomys at sherman oaks, and im DYING to work at mac...are you guys fully staffed as of right now?

As far as I know they said we are only going to be a counter of 5 because there is already a MAC across the mall from us in Macys. So they want to see how sales are going to be if it goes great then they plan on hiring more people. I think our Grand Opening date is set for the 25th but I could be wrong. This is the 3rd time it has been changed. Once it opens I will let you know so you can come drop off your resume.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celly
This is all the stuff I got
015.jpg

My goodness, I have to go wash my panties now.

xcutiepie331x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celly
As far as I know they said we are only going to be a counter of 5 because there is already a MAC across the mall from us in Macys. So they want to see how sales are going to be if it goes great then they plan on hiring more people. I think our Grand Opening date is set for the 25th but I could be wrong. This is the 3rd time it has been changed. Once it opens I will let you know so you can come drop off your resume.

Ya i see...I was thinking of applying at Macys too, but I thought since the bloomys one is new they might need more employees..But thanks for letting me know
smiles.gif

beautymarkd

Be sure to work for a counter that is MAC-Owned.
When you work directly for a retailer(i.e. Macy's, Nordstrom), it isn't quite as fun.
mac_haul.gif

crissy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu

My goodness, I have to go wash my panties now.

You made me LOL!! ^

that's so much make-up, I'm glad you had a blast at MAC heaven aka Basic training..

JaneHorror

OMG, Basic Training looks awesome, I seriously always wanted to work at MAC. I wish MAC did basic training for the general public, like how to do different looks and such.

Rouaa

This sounds so great!

I just got hired! I went to an interview a few months ago, but I didn't get the job. I know the girls at the counter in our city and they know how much I love MAC and that I'm good with make-up so they thought of me for a Saturday position. So I guess my question is... Do I have to go to the basic training if there is any one booked soon?
It sounds so great! I would love to!

nanefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i was in school and only working 10 hours a week when i went to basic. everyone has to go, no matter how many hours you work. you have to miss school and your other job if you have one. its a mandotory training. in the US its a 10-6 monday-friday class.

LOL. Basic Training sounds like you're going to join the army!! It almost makes it sound like a chore, but lets face it I think we'd all kill each other to get on that course!!!

However, heres the thing. I already have a career (not makeup) but would still like to do the basic training in my own time and would happilly pay for it! You think Mac would see the huge potential for heaps of extra cash by offering it as a course!!

Anyway, I have no intention of working for Mac - I had a retail job for what felt like a million years for Woolworths when I was at Uni and I can honestly say, I've never had a more shit job! I hate customers! lol - with a passion. I have no patience for a job like that regardless of who its for.

Anyway, that turned into a bit of a rant (apologises profusely!).

Ciao xxx

Zoffe

I was supposed to go to basic in the last week of March but I can't because of school
ssad.gif

I wanna go so bad but I really have to study for my exams :/

I hope next basic will be soon
winks.gif

Rouaa

Oh my God!

I just went from a Saturday position to a full time position! I'm full time right now and in March I will be 75%. I'm so happy!

Anyway... I think that we'll have basic in March too so I guess I'll go to that one. Sure hope so! Does anyone know how we're going to do with the brushes? Should I bring my brush belt from work?

kat_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouaa
Oh my God!

I just went from a Saturday position to a full time position! I'm full time right now and in March I will be 75%. I'm so happy!

Anyway... I think that we'll have basic in March too so I guess I'll go to that one. Sure hope so! Does anyone know how we're going to do with the brushes? Should I bring my brush belt from work?

Congrats! I am going to basic trianing the last week in February
choochoo.gif

What 75%, is that your discount???