MAC Basic Training

Chrystia

Depending on your region, you may or may not get any training as a freelancer. Some regions will do small one day trainings for events etc, but I know our region does not. You will be given basic information such as dress code etc, but you are responsible for your own product knowledge. I highly recommend asking for some basic product knowledge on foundations etc when you are at the counter.

Basic Training is the intense week long training program for permanent MAC artists. It's wonderful though. I learned more at Basic than any other training I had received ever.

LC

Depending on your region, you may or may not get any training as a freelancer. Some regions will do small one day trainings for events etc, but I know our region does not. You will be given basic information such as dress code etc, but you are responsible for your own product knowledge. I highly recommend asking for some basic product knowledge on foundations etc when you are at the counter.

Basic Training is the intense week long training program for permanent MAC artists. It's wonderful though. I learned more at Basic than any other training I had received ever.
i totally agree...the info i learned was invaluable

11o2-MAi

I have basic training next Tuesday...I'm a FL/On-Call Makeup Artist...I thought they don't give training for FL/On-Call??

paparazziboy

basic is a one week long training. you're getting kinda 1 day mini basic it more like an orientation i went to it b4 i went to basic it's a new thing they do for freelancers and new perm employees do they aren't lost

11o2-MAi

basic is a one week long training. you're getting kinda 1 day mini basic it more like an orientation i went to it b4 i went to basic it's a new thing they do for freelancers and new perm employees do they aren't lost

cool.cool...what will i learn?

paparazziboy

it was kinda just like what do u know about the company back to mac viva glam the structure of the company it was like a 4 or 5 hour thing we watched a master class on a prime look that was it

11o2-MAi

it was kinda just like what do u know about the company back to mac viva glam the structure of the company it was like a 4 or 5 hour thing we watched a master class on a prime look that was it

cool.cool...will we be playing with makeup? they told me to bring brushes....

paparazziboy

we had to bring our brushes we didnt really use them till the last hour we had to do a prime look on someone in the class

paparazziboy

im glad you loved it BASIC is a blast you learn so much in such a short amount of time you never want to leave i know i did i wanted to keep going i had been with the company 6 months b4 i went to BASIC

I just went to BASIC! It was sooo fun, but surely a lot of work and learning!!! I loved my trainer!

MissMaryMAC

I freelanced for about a year while going to school. I didn't have to wait very long for basic after becoming permanent. I guess it just depends on when they schedule them!

VictoriaSecret4

Yes me too I loved it soooooo much fun but I had an advantage because I was on counter also before I went to basic learned so much!
iagree.gif
rasta.gif

asianiis

Hey y'all!!! I'm in basic now, I'm in southern Virginia. I actually got hired a couple of weeks ago as perm part time and I'm actually having basic before I've been on the counter!!! My class is very small with about 7 of us and it's being held in the training facility of a partnered location so the Mac counter employees of that location have been coming up and sitting in with us and giving us tips and tricks as we go along and some of because some of them remember me from when I first started wearing Mac about 10 years ago and they are excited to see me. It has been such an amazing time already, there is soooooo much to learn and I'm very excited and then I have update in about 2 weeks which I'm told is a lot of fun! I will see if I can get some pictures before it's all over on Friday!