MAC Basic Training

YSLGuy

Re: Mac Basic Training

I'm finally going in April! The last one I was supposed to go to got cancelled.

juicy415

i heard that you buy $50 for mac products and you ask (in a mac counter) for taking classes, but not for working for mac just to know the basic. and they (class) give you $50 of products back? im confuse can somebody clarify this for me?

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy415
i heard that you buy $50 for mac products and you ask (in a mac counter) for taking classes, but not for working for mac just to know the basic. and they (class) give you $50 of products back? im confuse can somebody clarify this for me?

This sounds like "Studio Talk" which is different from Basic Training.

Studio talk is open to customers, Basic training is for MAC employees only.
Studio talks are fun though!
smiles.gif

Boasorte

What are the qualifications to apply for a MAC store/counter? I talked to some girl once who said she didn't have much makeup exp.
Are they looking for retail more the MU exp?

ShortnSassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy415

i agree, this sounds like Studio Talk. at the nordstrom in my town (where the only mac counter is located) when MAC offers classes, you pay $50 to hold your spot in the class and after the class they give you back the $50 in credit to buy products at the counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
What are the qualifications to apply for a MAC store/counter? I talked to some girl once who said she didn't have much makeup exp.
Are they looking for retail more the MU exp?

i'm a freelance mac artist. at my interview they told me that although my makeup skills were better than the other girls interviewing for the position, some other girls had more retail experience than i did so they offered me a freelance position instead of a counter position.

davidsito987

I GO TO BASIC NEXT WEEK!!!! IM SUPER EXCITED! WISH ME LUCK LADIES AND GENTS! Its gonna be a HOT and MUGGY week in San Antonio but im sure ill LOVE every minute of it! CAN WAIT!

La Dolce Diva

I'm following David to basic next month! I really do hope that it is awesome- this thread has me expecting a lot ! :)

amyinawhitecoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celly
I just completed Basic yesterday and I have to say it was AMAZING! I had learned so much. I was a little scared and excited on day 1. I almost felt like OMG what am I doing here. As I looked around the room full of talented artist. I was like I am in the wrong place they hired me and I feel like I was going to be a dissapointment. At the end of day 5 I was a totally changed person I am so confident in my artistry skills as well as our products now. During the 5 days we were taught anything and everything you need to know about MAC. From product knowledge, customer service, Makeup Application, different skin texture & shades, to face charts, highlighting contouring and even verbage (FABCE). The last day a lady came in with 3 boxes full of makeup and told us we could all pick out 10 pieces each. It was so hard. One of the girls in the class said " OMG this is so hard to do we cant pick out just ten" So the lady said I guess your right and she gave us 1 minute to grab as much as we could. So thanks to the big tunic I was wearing that day I just starting grabbing anything and everything that would fit in my tunic lol.

Here are a couple of photos I had taken during our training.
002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

My first face chart
014.jpg

286.jpg
These are the cool ladies who I will be working with. There is only 5 of us for the time being we will be working at the Bloomingdales in Sherman Oaks. So come visit me.

293.jpg

We were called the MAC Baby Mamas in our class. All three of us have 2 year olds. lol
294.jpg

008.jpg

This is our last day together. The Trainers bought us a birthday cake it was to represent our 1st day of our life with MAC. I thought that was so cute.
009.jpg

010.jpg

This is all the stuff I got
015.jpg

Oh my goodness how exciting! I'm on the central coast, ca! I just was hired on as a freelance/on call artist. I have a 3 week old baby girl and am working my first event next week. Do you know if freelancers get sent to basic training? They're just throwin me in there so im a little nervous but I know ill do fine...

thanks!

rosasola1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyinawhitecoat
Oh my goodness how exciting! I'm on the central coast, ca! I just was hired on as a freelance/on call artist. I have a 3 week old baby girl and am working my first event next week. Do you know if freelancers get sent to basic training? They're just throwin me in there so im a little nervous but I know ill do fine...

thanks!

freelancers get thrown into the water and are expected to swim... my manager said that as a freelancer, you should know ur shiz... haha. But you get the hang of it quickly, it's deff a lot of fun!

rochelle86

Hello All!

This question is to anyone that may have any insight on basic training in the Dallas, TX area?...I was recently hired as permanent in Louisiana, and am awaiting the dreadfall "paperwork" to come back, lol, anyway...I was told that if there are only a few new hires, I may be sent to do basic in Dallas, TX..anyone here done basic there? Share your experiences if so?!

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochelle86
Hello All!

This question is to anyone that may have any insight on basic training in the Dallas, TX area?...I was recently hired as permanent in Louisiana, and am awaiting the dreadfall "paperwork" to come back, lol, anyway...I was told that if there are only a few new hires, I may be sent to do basic in Dallas, TX..anyone here done basic there? Share your experiences if so?!

I did my Basic Training in Dallas, TX. It was great! I attended last fall and it was held at the Hotel Palomar, which is an upscale, trendy hotel close to Northpark Center (which is the mall that has our only MAC Pro Store in the Dallas area). Lori D. was the trainer who held our Basic. She did a very good job and we learned a lot about MAC - history, technique, products... You will really like it and you may not be the only one who has to come from out of town. We had a couple of girls who weren't from the DFW area who attended our Basic and they stayed at the hotel. You will probably really like the hotel if you stay there. It is more of a "boutique" hotel, quiet, and the food is very good (and healthy!) - not sure how much the rates are though.

If you have any other questions, you can pm me.
smiles.gif

rochelle86

Wow! Ok, now I'm really excited! Thanks so much for the input! I really hope my training class is small so I can go to Dallas and get a "mini vacay" lol

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
So i got hired on sept 14...took 2 weeks for the papers go through. My first day is october 9th and today i got called saying that I have to go to 'training' on monday october 12, to know the holiday collections. She said its from 12-2 pm. I was told to bring my own brushes and what not. I am confused...is this just regular upcoming collection training or basic training? Help!

Nah, this just sounds like Update. You will have these every three months or so. Basic Training lasts for about 5 days.

rochelle86

Ladies, anyone here can comment on basic training in Missouri?! I'd love to hear your experiences!

LineausBH58

ok So everyone else was posting!!! I start my first day TOMORROW!!!! WOOT WOOT!!! and I go to Basic(sounds like Heaven from all the post) in Nov!! At the MAC Pro Store in NYC!!! I'm excited... thanks for everyone sharing all your post about the training and what you learn!! I already brought a cute balck and white notebook!! LOL