MAC Basic Training

Re: Mac Basic Training

i go to basic in october and i was wondering if any one was going from my area. thanks guys

ps. im from newyork

lovesitmac

Hey I just got hired @ MAC and was wondering how long it takes till you get to go to basic.... I've heard anywhere from 3-6 months. One girl said she had to wait NINE. What is up with that?

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesitmac
Hey I just got hired @ MAC and was wondering how long it takes till you get to go to basic.... I've heard anywhere from 3-6 months. One girl said she had to wait NINE. What is up with that?

I got hired in early Sept. and will be attending Basic in late November. So I will be waiting about 2 and a half months.

I'm guessing that Basic Training is scheduled for certain times of the year and the time amount you have until you go just depends on when you were hired and the time from that until when Basic occurs. Someone please correct me if that is wrong (also I hope what I typed made sense.)

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeauty27
I got hired in early Sept. and will be attending Basic in late November. So I will be waiting about 2 and a half months.

I'm guessing that Basic Training is scheduled for certain times of the year and the time amount you have until you go just depends on when you were hired and the time from that until when Basic occurs. Someone please correct me if that is wrong (also I hope what I typed made sense.)

You are right! I went a week after I started.

Ruby_Woo

I went 3 weeks after I started. It depends on how often Basic is held for your region. Either way, all Basics are a bit different but fun.

User49

I was hired in March and went in June. And we have just hired an associate in september and she will be going in nov. It just depends when they have a slot for you xx

User49

I was hired in March and went in June. And we have just hired an associate in september and she will be going in nov. It just depends when they have a slot for you xx

dominicana90

Are these always different or is it lik every 3 months they will have a basic training? I would like to know when that will be in my region. It seems like either october or november. Black Friday is comming up so I'm hoping to get hire before then. (if i do
winks.gif
)

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicana90
Are these always different or is it lik every 3 months they will have a basic training? I would like to know when that will be in my region. It seems like either october or november. Black Friday is comming up so I'm hoping to get hire before then. (if i do
winks.gif
)

Again, there really isn't a time range, it depends on the availability of trainers, and how often basic is hosted in your region. In my basic we had people who where waiting almost 9 mnths. I don't think basic is hosted anytime during holidays months because of how busy it is.

Celly

I just got hired today and I am so excited to attend Basic Training. I am scheduled to attend the Nov. 3rd training. which is 3 weeks away. Thanks so much for sharing photos. I will be sure to take my camera so i can post mine also.

dominicana90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celly
I just got hired today and I am so excited to attend Basic Training. I am scheduled to attend the Nov. 3rd training. which is 3 weeks away. Thanks so much for sharing photos. I will be sure to take my camera so i can post mine also.

How exciting!!!!! You better take pics lol....

YSLGuy

Hopefully I will get to go soon. Thank you for posting your experiences.

MAC*GIRL08

You will love basic! so much to learn yet sooo fun! you will always remember it! good luck!
th_DANCE.gif

Celly

I am so excited today is my first day at Basic Training
th_DANCE.gif
. I will be sure to take pictures so that I can show you guys. So stay tunned lol

User49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celly
I am so excited today is my first day at Basic Training
th_DANCE.gif
. I will be sure to take pictures so that I can show you guys. So stay tunned lol

Have so much fun! Enjoy the week because it goes by quick! Please post your experience at the end to help other specktra mac ma's see what its like before they go and share with everyone else how fun mac is! As if they didn't know!
th_DANCE.gif
thmbup.gif

Celly

I just completed Basic yesterday and I have to say it was AMAZING! I had learned so much. I was a little scared and excited on day 1. I almost felt like OMG what am I doing here. As I looked around the room full of talented artist. I was like I am in the wrong place they hired me and I feel like I was going to be a dissapointment. At the end of day 5 I was a totally changed person I am so confident in my artistry skills as well as our products now. During the 5 days we were taught anything and everything you need to know about MAC. From product knowledge, customer service, Makeup Application, different skin texture & shades, to face charts, highlighting contouring and even verbage (FABCE). The last day a lady came in with 3 boxes full of makeup and told us we could all pick out 10 pieces each. It was so hard. One of the girls in the class said " OMG this is so hard to do we cant pick out just ten" So the lady said I guess your right and she gave us 1 minute to grab as much as we could. So thanks to the big tunic I was wearing that day I just starting grabbing anything and everything that would fit in my tunic lol.

Here are a couple of photos I had taken during our training.
002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

My first face chart
014.jpg

286.jpg
These are the cool ladies who I will be working with. There is only 5 of us for the time being we will be working at the Bloomingdales in Sherman Oaks. So come visit me.

293.jpg

We were called the MAC Baby Mamas in our class. All three of us have 2 year olds. lol
294.jpg

008.jpg

This is our last day together. The Trainers bought us a birthday cake it was to represent our 1st day of our life with MAC. I thought that was so cute.
009.jpg

010.jpg

This is all the stuff I got
015.jpg

DirtyPlum

^^ at work, so cant see the pics but will check when i get home tonight.

Honestly, it can feel intimidating at Basic and even at NPU each time but we all got hired for the same reason and pls dont ever feel other ppl may be better than you. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and all learn off each other. Thats what I feel Basic is about - to bring us all up to that one basic mac standard and from there... anything is possible!