MAC Basic Training

LC

you're going to have so much fun!!
smiles.gif

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_mysteryleft
Just out of curiosity, if you have to travel for basic does MAC put you up in a hotel or do you have to pay for it yourself?

they'll put you up in a hotel if it's like over an hour and a half or 2 hours of travel...and it's a blast, lol

LadyGina

Help....

Does anyone know about basic training in the Atlanta Area? If hired as a freelance MUA, would M.A.C. send me to basic training? Can I request to go to basic training?

paparazziboy

as a freelancer u don't get to go to basic it's only for permanent employees. So it won't matter if u wanna request it until u become a permanent ur expected to learn everything on your own

LadyGina

Hey, quick question (I'm full of those)...When M.A.C. hired you, were you hired as a freelancer first, and then they pulled you on as a permanent employee? If so, how long was that process, or did a position open up, and they asked you?

Just curious ...

Btw, I have an opportunity to meet with one of the trainers this weekend to let them know my interest in becoming one of MAC's MUA's. I'm a little nervous...actually, I'm a whole lot nervous...lol...

paparazziboy

when i applied they told me they were only hiring for freelance. so i did my interview and demo thinking it was only for freelance. they said they would get back to me 10 minutes later i got a call and was offered a permanent artist spot. i was one of 3 that got artist. a girl was leaving at the counter im at now. they said i exceeded all expectations they had of any applicant they had that day. i was the first to be hired that day i was also the first interview of the day and they did them all day
Hey, quick question (I'm full of those)...When M.A.C. hired you, were you hired as a freelancer first, and then they pulled you on as a permanent employee? If so, how long was that process, or did a position open up, and they asked you?

Just curious ...

Btw, I have an opportunity to meet with one of the trainers this weekend to let them know my interest in becoming one of MAC's MUA's. I'm a little nervous...actually, I'm a whole lot nervous...lol...

LadyGina

Wow! That's so exciting! What type of look did you have to do for your demo? Did they give you a tear sheet or did they tell u to do a day to evening look?

paparazziboy

I was the first of the day. Each demo is different. My model scenario was a girl comes to the counter and wants her makeup touched up for the night cause she had been at work all day. So all I had to do was eyes and cheeks and a quick lip touch up. We didn't bring our own model. We worked on a girl who was already working in the MAC store. they want u to sell them while doing the demo. msg me or im me on fb and will will go into more detail if u like