MAC Basic Training

HMC

freelancers get thrown into the water and are expected to swim... my manager said that as a freelancer, you should know ur shiz... haha. But you get the hang of it quickly, it's deff a lot of fun!

Yeah, i am a freelancer for MAC down here in FL and i started in Missouri and you are so right about how freelancers are just thrown in and expected to keep their head above water lol you get ZERO training as a freelancer :-(

Honesty0410

That's so cool that you guys get to interact with people from other regions, etc. Being that I'm from Hawai'i, our basic was a lot smaller.

LadyGina

I start basic next week! I'm so excited...
yahoo.gif

MissPumpkin

I'm curious about training, do they team up beginners from different locations from time to time to do training together? I had a seasonal temping contract so I didn't get to go to training! :(

paparazziboy

when your a permanent artist you got to basic training when within a few months of working at your location. basic is with all new people who can go from the region that are permanent at their location

shaista1985

I just got hired by mac and oh soooo excited! But at the same time im nervous because of sme ppl saying here looks chekd etc at training... :shock:

NeonVelvet

Had my basic training about 6 weeks ago. just one week after i started. was quite lucky as I heard some people have to wait months. even up to a year for there's. loved every minute of it. on the last day Pablo(UK senior artist) came in and showed us his portfolio. amaze balls!!!! :)
p.s im in the middle with the short blonde hair.

DaniCakes

Im starting Basic Training tomorrow and im super excited. Anyone in the chicago area going tomorrow?

cooper

Had my basic training about 6 weeks ago. just one week after i started. was quite lucky as I heard some people have to wait months. even up to a year for there's. loved every minute of it. on the last day Pablo(UK senior artist) came in and showed us his portfolio. amaze balls!!!! :) p.s im in the middle with the short blonde hair.
OMG ITS JOHN HE USED TO BE MY TRAINER IN CHICAGO!!!!! OH HOW I MISS HIM IF YOU SEE HIM SOON TELL HIM CASEY SAYS HELLO AND HE'S STILL DEEPLY MISSED IN OUR CHINTUCKY MARKET

lisanicoleMUA

I am going to my second basic training with MAC. This will be my basic for my new counter in a new country. When you move countries and counters in different regions you go to basic each time so I'm excited to see how it's different and the same as my Canadian basic.!!

MissPumpkin

MAC Basic Training!

Hello girls!! I've been working at MAC Travel Retail (airport staff) for almost a year and a half now and I'm super happy, back in February I had my Basic Training (it takes longer for us to do it once hired because they need to have a decent number of people from different countries to send us all to London)

I made a little video with pictures, so I thought I'd post it here for artists to remember their Basics and for aspiring MAC girls to get inspired!!

Definitely one of the best weeks of my life, I made amazing friends from all over the world (I'm in EMEA region: Europe, Middle East & Africa) We went to London for a week, and every day we went for dinner or shopping in the city after training... AMAZING!
I even cried on the last day!
girlhaha.gif

MissPumpkin

Shaista you're going to have sooooooo much fun at training, don't worry just relax and take everything in! I just posted a thread with a video from my training, it was one of the best weeks of my life!

Velaxo

Hello lovelies, i'm new to specktra but thought i would join considering i've just been hired by MAC yay! Starting in 3 weeks My position is as Host, i was wondering if anyone knows wether i get to go on Basic training or not? I'm not yet sure if i'm entitled to the benefits the artists get... Any insight would be amaze xo