MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

panther27

Re: MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion (Hair was WN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamqueen1
are you sure? is flip really a lustre? and is it yellow? I was really hoping for a new Cosmic (=moonbathe)..
ssad.gif

Yeah,flip is like a yellowy light gold.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant
I have a question though, If you have the 222 but not the 224, would you recommend the 226 AS WELL as the 224 or will the 226 work just as good??

all are great for blending. the 224 is very soft, and rather thick, so it'll deposit softer color over a larger area. the 222 isn't as thick, but just as soft, so it covers a smaller, tighter area. the 226 is smaller, and while very soft, a bit denser then that other two, so it will also provide a more defined color laydown (such as a softer cut crease, tighter outer corner, etc.) while also blending and softening lines.

all three are great to have cause while they call all do some of the same things, they each have their own different tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Isn't that brush friggin awesome?I loveee it!

they are all
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
all are great for blending. the 224 is very soft, and rather thick, so it'll deposit softer color over a larger area. the 222 isn't as thick, but just as soft, so it covers a smaller, tighter area. the 226 is smaller, and while very soft, a bit denser then that other two, so it will also provide a more defined color laydown (such as a softer cut crease, tighter outer corner, etc.) while also blending and softening lines.

all three are great to have cause while they call all do some of the same things, they each have their own different tricks.

they are all
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

So true!Erine what are your favorites from this collection?Aside from the brushes
tong.gif

LP_x

Erine, you're so awesome! Thanks x

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Okay after those new pics, I am feeling:

What A Do! Lipstick
Brunette MSF
Henna e/s
Femme Fi e/s
Peroxide l/g
Strawberry Blonde l/g
Pin Curl e/s
Knight e/s
Top Knot e/s
Blonde msf

But thats a long list, Im sure I'll get half of that when I can actually swatch.

Okay guys. That ^^ was my list just a day ago.
I have a new list now.

Brunette MSF
Blonde MSF
ALL THREE BRUSHES
Top Knot e/s.

How quickly things can change,
Thanks for the pics Erine. I'm so excited for the one thats a smaller 227, I LOVE my 227!

Is there canadian prices for the brushes yet? I need to prepare for this.

lethaldesign

Dammit Erine!!! (I mean, thank you
winkiss.gif
) Now I want all three brushes instead of just 1. My list is growing & growing & growing...............

hawaii02

I just went back on the five pages missed since the 22nd...thank you for knocking the collection down a little!!
smiles.gif

I'm thinking I might get the 222, as I LOVE my 224 but wanted something smaller. E/s: Henna and Top Knot and the l/s...probably most of them!!

Kayraphat

Henna eyeshadow and Redhead or Blonde MSf.That's all.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
Elaine, I'm disappointed with the news about Flip and French Cuff, too, but I guess it helps my list. I probably don't need Knight, either, as I have Knight Divine... And I certainly don't need Deep Shade, and likely not Top Knot...

Is my shadow list getting reasonable all of a sudden!?

Yeah, it helps me too. I only need to get 100 Strokes then! And even then it might not be possible if it ends up being like another Beauty Marked, as in blacked based purple.. which will probably end up looking black...

Man, Flip and French Cuff looked really pretty on the paper swatch, I guess it's much different on skin. Oh well.

So now I'm down to 4 lippies and 3 MSFs. I can live with that.
smiles.gif

damsel

pictures of blonde msf, what a do! l/s, soft wave l/g and flip e/s can he found HERE

elegant-one

^Thanks Damsel! I want Blonde msf, but I really like how she described the Redhead msf. Sounds very pretty

purrtykitty

All I know is that I still want a lot from this collection. I'll probably get two brushes, too, the 214 and 226. Anyone know how much the brushes will be?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
So true!Erine what are your favorites from this collection?Aside from the brushes
tong.gif

marquise d', live and dye, henna, 100 strokes, top knot, pincurl (possibly), and all the MSFs. and all the brushes of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Is there canadian prices for the brushes yet? I need to prepare for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
All I know is that I still want a lot from this collection. I'll probably get two brushes, too, the 214 and 226. Anyone know how much the brushes will be?

(US/CDN)
#165 is $34/$41
#214 is $23/$27.50
#226 is $24.50/$29

sleepyhead

Quote:
marquise d', live and dye, henna, 100 strokes, top knot, pincurl (possibly), and all the MSFs. and all the brushes of course!

(US/CDN)
#165 is $34/$41
#214 is $23/$27.50
#226 is $24.50/$29

erine, do you know the canadian price for the MSFs? are they the same as regular MSF ($30)?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
erine, do you know the canadian price for the MSFs? are they the same as regular MSF ($30)?

#28US/#33.50CDN

stv578

Quote:

i unpacked these at work today!!! i will swatch them friday night and post pics, but i did take some shitty-ass celly pics of the brushes tonight for your viewing pleasure.
winkiss.gif
they ROCK!!!

#224 vs. #226 (the #226 is a bit pointier (kinda like a candle flame) then the #224. the tip of the #226 is more like the #138 contour brush, but other than that its a mini #224))

1223082247a.jpg

like i said, shitty-ass pics!

The pics turned out really well considering you took them on a cell phone, thanks!

*Adds 226 to wish list*

I'm not sure if you would know this or not, but does the 214 compare at all to the LM smudge brush? Just going by the pics, they look quite similar.

MAC_Fafinette14

Erine, after reading your insights on the eye shadows, I have one question: what's your take on the lip colours? I may just end up getting an l/s and l/g, and I want to know how they really are. I'm lemming Chignon and Quick Tease, but now...I'm not so sure.

iheartangE

I cannot WAIT for that 226!! I just bought the 222 and I absolutely adore it so this 226 will make my MAC crease/blending brush collection complete!

blindpassion

Im getting all three brushes. That might be the only thing from this collection. I wanted the MSF's but 33.50 Canadian plus 12% tax for those babies, NO FRIGGIN WAY.

Latest posts