MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

Re: MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion (Hair was WN)

i want all the brunette eyeshadows (love femme-fi and have been debating a backup) and strawberry blond l/g sounds tempting.

i don't really know where i fit in because i have brown hair but light skin and eyes so i'm not really brunette or blond ... oh well.

the brunette shadows sound perfect for me, though!

AllisonWeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog2484
i want all the brunette eyeshadows (love femme-fi and have been debating a backup) and strawberry blong l/g sounds tempting.

i don't really know where i fit in because i have brown hair but light skin and eyes so i'm not really brunette or blond ... oh well.

the brunette shadows sound perfect for me, though!

That means you have an excuse to buy the blond and brunette products.
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonWeaver
That means you have an excuse to buy the blond and brunette products.
tong.gif

enabler!! maybe i should just do half and half.

MrsMay

I'm not a huge fan of MSFs (yet) but I think I may be picking up all three of these, they sound gorgeous!

I currently have almost black hair (natural colour), NW20 skin and blue eyes, so I think I may be able to get all three to work. I WILL find a way... lol.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Ok, seriously. Black haired women, you are not forgotten. Every single collection suits you. It's sickening. I would die for black hair.....

correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't those with black hair technically considered brunettes?

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't those with black hair technically considered brunettes?

I think so, too.

rt66chix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
i imagine they will look like bobbi brown's shimmerbricks

They are indeed striped like the BB shimmerbricks, but the stripes sorta have a soft gradation. they dont have a clear-cut end of one color and beginning of the next like shimmerbricks. all i can say is that the word "gradation" is a good way to describe it. they're not veined and swirled like in the previous collections.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt66chix
They are indeed striped like the BB shimmerbricks, but the stripes sorta have a soft gradation. they dont have a clear-cut end of one color and beginning of the next like shimmerbricks. all i can say is that the word "gradation" is a good way to describe it. they're not veined and swirled like in the previous collections.

Oh, I like it!

LP_x

If they're like the Bobbi Brown shimmerbricks then I'll give them a miss. I just don't like my bronze shimmerbrick at all. The only thing I do with it is use the lightest gold/white shade as a highlight colour for my browbone. I guess I'll have to see them before getting excited about them.

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt66chix

drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_x
If they're like the Bobbi Brown shimmerbricks then I'll give them a miss. I just don't like my bronze shimmerbrick at all. The only thing I do with it is use the lightest gold/white shade as a highlight colour for my browbone. I guess I'll have to see them before getting excited about them.

Awww too bad. I LOVE my BB Gold and Apricot Shimmerbrick. Maybe you got the wrong color for yourself.
th_dunno.gif
I highly recommened BB Shimmerbricks.

Anemone

This collection sounds so good! There's so much I want I'll have to start saving up now!
th_DANCE.gif

AdlersMommy22

I had a dream i logged on and saw that there were 4 pages worth of a color story for this collection and i was like "oh my God.. .what am i going to do?" and i just sat at my laptop crying.

I really have a problem. I have dreams about these color collections WAY too much!

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
I had a dream i logged on and saw that there were 4 pages worth of a color story for this collection and i was like "oh my God.. .what am i going to do?" and i just sat at my laptop crying.

I really have a problem. I have dreams about these color collections WAY too much!

Oh my goodness, that made me laugh and cry at the same time!
th_LMAO.gif

I know, the colour collections from MAC are like a fever with no known cure.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_x
I always want to darken my hair but I'm too chicken!!

Maybe you could use a colour that washes out? Just a shade or two darker than what you have at the moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetfetish
I'm buying that lipglass just because of the name
smiles.gif
Haha! I don't really like lipglass (prefer lipsticks) but if it's even slightly close to Strawberry Blonde lipstick... omg!

I almost had a heart attack when I opened the colour story page and my eyes hit "Strawberry Blonde!" I can't be the only one who had a mini freakout thinking they were bringing that one back, only to realize it's a gloss! MAC needs to stop doubling up on product names! Haha!

I love the description of the colour, it sounds so great. So hoping it suits me
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

I always thought so too. But from the colour descriptions the brunette colours sound warm and I guess some black haired girls are more cool toned?

amber_j

Hmm, I'm not really feeling this collection now it's definitely not hair products. I'm an NC50 with dark brown hair. It all seems a little on the light side for me. Oh well, more money saved...

Princesa Livia

The colour descriptions are really pretty! I was hoping I would be able to pass on this collection, but based on the info we've got I don't think I'll be able to. I can't wait to see product photos!! Does anyone know if there'll be special packaging for these??? xx

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis

I always thought so too. But from the colour descriptions the brunette colours sound warm and I guess some black haired girls are more cool toned?

So, I was reading in an esthetician text book today about hair colors and how certain color makeup works better based on hair colors.

For example the following lipstick shades are best with these hair colors:

Blond: Soft pink, lilac, pale orange, soft wine-red, clear red, soft earthtones

Brunette: beige, clear red, coral, true pink, rose-red, wine-red, plum, soft orange, strawberry-red

Red: Apricot, soft orange, soft rust, golden peach, soft pink, coral, clear red

Black: all colors; may be slightly deeper than for lighter hair.

So maybe since black hair can get away with all of these colors, they didn't even bother?
th_dunno.gif
My book only has this chart for lipcolors, not for skin products or eyes, so I dunno if it applies to all products, but there you go. This also explains the concept of makeup to coordinate with hair!
tong.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22

th_LMAO.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack

Black: all colors; may be slightly deeper than for lighter hair.

So maybe since black hair can get away with all of these colors, they didn't even bother?
th_dunno.gif
My book only has this chart for lipcolors, not for skin products or eyes, so I dunno if it applies to all products, but there you go. This also explains the concept of makeup to coordinate with hair!
tong.gif

Sheew, so I thank the gods that are Loreal Feria that gave me the opportunity to be a boxed black haired goddess that can wear anything.
angelic.gif
Hehe J/k.
blush-anim-cl.gif
tong.gif

Latest posts