MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

newagetomatoz

Re: MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion (Hair was WN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
My natural hair colour hasn't been seen in nearly seven years! And I'm not very old!

Me too!! For about the same amount of time as you, I've been dying my hair various shades of auburn and burgundy, that I can't even remember the natural color. People ask me what my natural color is, and I give them this somewhat pained look and reply, "brrooowwwnnn......?" Because once about an inch of roots show, time for a refresher. lol

Princesa Livia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
This collection is SO awesome. It's huge and all of the products are so lovely.

I loooved the Mineralize Skinfinishes. I used the Redhead on myself, just because I prefer more peachiness on myself. The Blonde one is very pink and the Brunette is very brown. Very pretty though. I'll go more in depth soon. =P

I agree with the others! Bunny is such a tease!! I want more info~!

My hair's naturally blaack or daaark brown, but in the last 4 years I've been dying it a lighter brown - so I guess maybe I'll fall into the Brunette category, however the Brunette & Redhead lipsticks seem to appeal to me, Brunette lipglasses defo, Henna e/s & all the Redhead eyeshadows!
cutey.gif

The MSF's sound really pretty, too, and I'm also looking forward to seeing these new brushes!

I wonder what the 165 is like, the 226 sounds pretty good too. Have either of these come out before?..
tong.gif

xoleaxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
I am in serious trouble! I want atleast 4 shadows and all the MSFs!! How I'm going to afford all of that is beyond me! Hopefully Santa will tkae pity on my delimma and fill my socking with MAC giftcards.

i know, right?? so many exciting collections.. this one will be a big one for me though! i hope it lives up to the hype in person. my bday is in jan so hopefully i get xmas AND bday gift cards!
thmbup.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
Me too!! For about the same amount of time as you, I've been dying my hair various shades of auburn and burgundy, that I can't even remember the natural color. People ask me what my natural color is, and I give them this somewhat pained look and reply, "brrooowwwnnn......?" Because once about an inch of roots show, time for a refresher. lol

You've kept it tame, then - my hair has been nearly every colour you can think of.
cutey.gif

I was at MAC today and the MA I was chatting with is very excited about this collection - loves so much about it, says lots of stuff is gorgeous and even the promo pic is really pretty.

bis

Quote:
You've kept it tame, then - my hair has been nearly every colour you can think of.
cutey.gif

I was at MAC today and the MA I was chatting with is very excited about this collection - loves so much about it, says lots of stuff is gorgeous and even the promo pic is really pretty.

Have you ever tried red, I mean really tomato red? What colour are you hair w/o dye? I like the idea of red hair
winks.gif

Another gorgeous collection, where will this end?!
winkiss.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Have you ever tried red, I mean really tomato red? What colour are you hair w/o dye? I like the idea of red hair
winks.gif

winkiss.gif

I LOVE bright red hair! Yum.
smiles.gif
As far as can be determined from roots upon occasion, my hair is naturally a boring medium brown with natural blonde highlights. Blech.

I'll stick to the dye.
thmbup.gif

bis

Quote:
I LOVE bright red hair! Yum.
smiles.gif
As far as can be determined from roots upon occasion, my hair is naturally a boring medium brown with natural blonde highlights. Blech.

I'll stick to the dye.
thmbup.gif

I so want to give them a try, but my hairdresser thinks it is not a good idea as my hair are very dark. Plus I have black eyebrows which limits me somewhat. But she suggested orange highlights. Too bad the green did not hold.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
I so want to give them a try, but my hairdresser thinks it is not a good idea as my hair are very dark. Plus I have black eyebrows which limits me somewhat. But she suggested orange highlights. Too bad the green did not hold.

Hmm... you could try a mix or orange and bright red highlights/streaks through the middle layers of your hair? Leave a bit of the dark over them so they blend in a bit more and sort of peek through. I think that if done well that would likely be pretty fantastic.

newagetomatoz

Quote:
cutey.gif

I would love to dye my hair so many colors, but up until recently it was about butt-length and I really didn't want to bleach it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
winks.gif

winkiss.gif

I accidentally dyed my hair bright red and I loved it! But they stopped making that color.
ssad.gif

I feel like this collection is going to be the CoC collection of January!

darkishstar

I like Redhead's MSF the best, from the sound of it. I LOVE peaches on my skin!!!! NC30 woot woot.

I'm sooo excited for this collection, more than any of the rest of this year actually.

aimee

im really excited about this collection i will get everything for the blondes haha....i wanna see pictures especially of the frosty pink lipstick...cant wait
smiles.gif

Zantedge

I want the Brunette MSF, but I don't think it will suit my skintone; might have to go with the Blonde instead...

Anyway... I decided to get the ball rolling on swatches since there are some repromotes. There was nowhere else to put this so I put it here.

Knight eyeshadow

nlu8lx.jpg

(in smoky eyes palette)

1zez66g.jpg

paler than nw15 skin. natural lighting. no flash or base.

anjelik_dreamin

Oh wow...now I want both the blonde AND the redhead! Eyeshadows are AUD$33 over here and I still can't justify spending that much when I'm perfectly happy with Inglot and Fyrinnae, but MAC cheek stuff is diviiiiine. Some of the lipsticks look nice too.

gigglegirl

score! thank you Zantedge for that swatch! That was the only e/s I fell in love with in the palettes last year, but couldn't justify buying a whole palette for a little square.

BUT now that its repromoted on its own?!
smiles.gif
I will buy at least one. Maybe two since I love greys!

Question: is this displayer going to be HUGE? or multiple? As there are so many items for each tone. Honestly, this is the one I'm majorly lemming, the next few collections don't excite me really at all. So more for this one!

gigglegirl

Wish List--kinda a lot. oh boy! Hopefully with swatches it can be greatly narrowed down.

Lipsticks:
Brunette
Chignon – Red plum (glaze)
What a 'Do! – Neutral pink coral (frost)
Blonde

All’s Fair – Light purple pink (lustre)
Redhead
Blow Dry – Pink coral (frost)
Eye Shadows
Brunette
Henna – Dark gold (veluxe pearl)
Blonde

Pincurl – Dusty white (frost)
Knight – Dark grey (veluxe pearl)
Top Knot – Deep black purple (velvet)
Redhead
Flip – Bronze gold (frost)
French Cuff – Burgundy purple (lustre)
  • 100 Strokes – Ice pink (frost)
Mineralize Skinfinish (LE) $28.00USD (Each has four stripes of colors)
  • Blonde - Soft pink to rose degrade
  • Redhead - Gold to salmon degrade
*dies*

AudreyNicole

Here is my preliminary list:

Lipglass:
Peroxide – White pink
Live and Dye – Cool pink

Eyeshadow:
Knight – Dark grey (veluxe pearl) (Repromote from Antiquitease: Royal Assets Smokey Palette)

MSF
Blonde - Soft pink to rose degrade
Redhead - Gold to salmon degrade

MAC_Whore

OK, this is going to be stupid expensive. I would like:

Lipstick

Chignon – Red plum (glaze)
B-Babe – Rich pink (frost)

Lipglass

Quick Tease – Red purple
Strawberry Blonde - Deep red pink
Live and Dye – Cool pink
Red Devil – Coral orange

Eye Shadow

Deep Shade – Dusty blue (frost)
Henna – Dark gold (veluxe pearl)
Knight – Dark grey (veluxe pearl) (Repromote from Antiquitease: Royal Assets Smokey Palette)
Flip – Bronze gold (frost)
French Cuff – Burgundy purple (lustre) (Repromote from Tailor Made)
100 Strokes – Ice pink (frost)

Mineralize Skinfinish

Brunette - Soft coral to copper bronze degrade
Blonde - Soft pink to rose degrade
Redhead - Gold to salmon degrade

Brushes

#165 - Tapered cheek, highlight brush (LE) $24.00USD
#226 – Small tapered blending brush(LE) $24.50USD
#214 - Short shader brush (LE for counters, but will become permanent at MAC stores) $23.00USD

....which is almost the entire collection
lol.gif

rbella

^^^It's gonna cost you a lot more since you are buying that same list for me as well. Thanks.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
^^^It's gonna cost you a lot more since you are buying that same list for me as well. Thanks.

Man...I didn't get that memo. That is all new to me. Huh. How 'bout that.