MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion

darkishstar

Re: MAC - Brunette Blonde Redhead Collection Discussion (Hair was WN)

Darn you all, I love lipsticks AND lipglasses! I can't cut one or the other LOL

Susanne

Lipsticks are always the first ones I cut
th_dunno.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Lipsticks are always the first ones I cut
th_dunno.gif

true.gif

I love anything powdery more so I can most likely quit them.

Krasevayadancer

While I won't go out any say I am buying tons from this collection like the rest of you, i might end up with a ls, an e/s or 2 and most of the brushes. That... is... all
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Darn you all, I love lipsticks AND lipglasses! I can't cut one or the other LOL

I love both, too! I just love so much...
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
While I won't go out any say I am buying tons from this collection like the rest of you, i might end up with a ls, an e/s or 2 and most of the brushes. That... is... all
smiles.gif

I could definitely see you with Henna eyeshadow.
yes.gif

As for me, so far nothing from HK is jumping out at me. I'm waiting on the colour story, but the only things that I'm thinking may appeal are the pigments and/or beauty powders. Chill and Dame Edna, I can get what I want via B2M.

Therefore, my money goes to this!!!!!!

coachkitten

I am going to get all of the MSFs because I can't pass those up. Plus a few of the eye shadows because I
heart.gif
MAC shadows. I am going to need to see the lip products in person before I decide on those.

rbella

I'm waffling. I don't know what to do. I want it all. But, I don't want to buy it. So I don't want it. But, I still want it.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I'm waffling. I don't know what to do. I want it all. But, I don't want to buy it. So I don't want it. But, I still want it.

Ok, your heart says: I want it all.

Your sense says: I don't want it all.

hmm.gif
What shall we do?

I would say: Save as much money as you can and look how far you will come
winks.gif

gigglegirl

Rbella--go nuts with me on this collection (i still call it Hair, though I know its Brunette Blonde Redhead...) and join me on the *woop woop* no-buy train after that.

I think I will truly be happy and satisfied (also slightly ill) after I buy all I want from this collection (all but 2 shadows, all but 1 lippie, all but 1 or 2 lipglasses), have it join the rest of my collection and use these puppies.

Though, damn Adina, has me liking MUFE a lot. Purples--yum! and I find they have some killer true purples (Diamond shadow 309 is a current fave). So.....I may end up getting a couple things there in the next month or so before hair, but I think I need to shape up (in more ways than one) and stop the insanity.

I apologize guys, I realize I put FARRRRRR too many () in my statements.
greengrin.gif
Sorry if it is confusing!!

rbella

I do love MUFE. What to do, what to do. I've been buying a lot of MUFE and NARS lately b/c I have kinda lost interest in MAC, but this collection is pulling me back in......

capmorlovesmac

I am starting to feel the MUFE love
heart.gif
and to get into trouble because of that.. budget trouble. There are e/s, starpowders and flash color pots on my list... oh and glitters of course! I have to rethink all my upcoming lists!
shockt.gif

rbella

^^^that looks amazing. thanks for the link, susanne!

nico

I'll skip the lipsticks.I have enough lipsticks but I can never have enough eyeshadows,right
mac_esaddict.gif

mac_wishlist.gif

• 4-6 eyeshadows
  • 1-2 lipglasses
  • 1-2 MSFs (either blonde or redhead or both of them
    greengrin.gif
    )
I hope there will be enough money left for Hello Kitty.Hello Kitty should have been realised a few months later than BBR collection.
nonono.gif
We could have time to save up for Hello Kitty.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico
I'll skip the lipsticks.I have enough lipsticks but I can never have enough eyeshadows,right
mac_esaddict.gif

Right
winks.gif

darkishstar

Okay. I'm cutting the lipsticks to 2. I can't stand lustres, so why would I get those?
smiles.gif

2 lipsticks.
2 lipglasses.
4 eyeshadows.
3 MSFs.

That sounds a lot more doable now.
greengrin.gif

Susanne

I am totally sold to Blonde MSF now!! What an amazing pink sheen! Perfect for spring!

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella

I hear you on that, 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Rbella--go nuts with me on this collection (i still call it Hair, though I know its Brunette Blonde Redhead...) and join me on the *woop woop* no-buy train after that.

I think I will truly be happy and satisfied (also slightly ill) after I buy all I want from this collection (all but 2 shadows, all but 1 lippie, all but 1 or 2 lipglasses), have it join the rest of my collection and use these puppies.

Though, damn Adina, has me liking MUFE a lot. Purples--yum! and I find they have some killer true purples (Diamond shadow 309 is a current fave). So.....I may end up getting a couple things there in the next month or so before hair, but I think I need to shape up (in more ways than one) and stop the insanity.

I apologize guys, I realize I put FARRRRRR too many () in my statements.
greengrin.gif
Sorry if it is confusing!!

Most everything I touch from MUFE, I love. Damn lack of local access!!!! Only thing I haven't loved is the full cover concealer, because it's yellow toned. Also, the texture like half-dried glue doesn't help much, either. I've been on a partial no buy since Red She Said/Sheer Minerals launched (I bought a blush and two MSFs from that, and I've also made some Clearance Bin purchases since then), but I think the partial no buy is going to get stricter following this collection (with the likely exception of icon!
yes.gif
). I've been getting bored with MAC for a while now as I've mostly built up what I want/need (in under a year. yeesh. I feel fickle.) and am ready to moooove on. Plus, the way MAC keeps hiking prices, they're getting into a price bracket where I feel I can get superior products from other brands for the same money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Okay. I'm cutting the lipsticks to 2. I can't stand lustres, so why would I get those?
smiles.gif

2 lipsticks.
2 lipglasses.
4 eyeshadows.
3 MSFs.

That sounds a lot more doable now.
greengrin.gif

I love lustres, especially the well pigmented one. They leave my lips in incredibly good condition - softer and smoother than most any lipbalm out there leaves them! So, I say: bring them on!!! Especially in corally shades.
th_drool.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
smiles.gif

That is how it starts...
th_remoteImage-61.gif

I already have my appointment set for the 27th at 5:30 and a friend of mine is coming with me, too...I can't wait, Girls Night Out, anyone?!

MAC_Fafinette14

I've leveled my list down to this:

Blonde MSF
Chignon l/s
All's Fair l/s
B-Babe l/s
Quick Tease l/g
Red Devil l/g
Strawberry Blonde l/g

Though I'm trying to limit it to Blonde MSF, Chignon l/s, and Quick Tease l/g, I have a feelling I'll end up with more than that.

I'm feeling more for this collection than for HK, unless the lippies there turn out to be something truly spectacular.