MAC Casual Colour discussion

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
yep...was at 10 since the s3/c3...so i guess i'm now at 12 including CC!
yikes!

probably don't need any more...for a while...LOL...

Same here. 10 so far this year... with 6 more from CC on its way to me.
I don't need anymore either, but I still want 2 or 3 from HC as well.
mac_addict.gif

Audrey C

Same here. 10 so far this year... with 6 more from CC on its way to me.
I don't need anymore either, but I still want 2 or 3 from HC as well.
mac_addict.gif
I hear you both! I've purchased 11 MAC blushes/powders and one NARS blush (EEK!
th_crazy2.gif
) since last fall when I tossed out all of my old ones. I think I have a good base now and I'm getting to the point where new colours I'm drawn to are often close to things I have. I couldn't resist Out For Fun because corals are my weakness. I'd like a warm wine or berry tone for fall, so I got Keep it Casual. All that's left on my list is a powder warm berry for fall and possibly another neutral.

I know my collection is small compared to many, but I'm feeling like it's about done except for the occasional gorgeous shade or special powder (Marine Life type) that I really wouldn't want to resist.

Neutral:
Prism

Pinks:
Launch Away (looks pink on me)
Dollymix

Corals/Orange:
Melba
Immortal Flower
Modern Mandarin
Peachykeen
Flower Fantasy
NARS Orgasm
Out For Fun

Reds:
Fleet Fast (looks red on me)

Wine/Berry:
Keep It Casual

There are probably good warm wines and neutrals in MAC's perm line, but I've been enjoying the LE launches this year. I'm looking forward to Marilyn and the fall collection - hopefully I can find what I'm looking for in those.
yes.gif

Mahsa007

I've ordered Weekend Getaway - but I want keep it casual and out for fun so much :(((( but I am going to resist.....

Haven

So far I have resisted all of these b/c I want to save for HC. Don't know how long my willpower will last though. Like elegant, I am thinking about getting one. But then I know what that will lead too....

Anneri

Asking myself the same thing. If it's a watermelon colour, I am in. All the way.
No. No, it isn't. At all. On my monitor, T's pics of it are very close to its original color. Of course, depending on your lipcolor, this may change to a more watermelon like color if your lips are pigmented.

Haven

OK so I just ordered Out for Fun using "Ditto" to get free 2nd day shipping... Now I am going to walk away from the computer LOL

bis

No. No, it isn't. At all. On my monitor, T's pics of it are very close to its original color. Of course, depending on your lipcolor, this may change to a more watermelon like color if your lips are pigmented.
Thanks for letting me know, my lips are very pigmented, so I might be good. The colour on the cheeks is more coral?

liba

Thanks for letting me know, my lips are very pigmented, so I might be good. The colour on the cheeks is more coral?
Not a sharp or bright coral, but not with tons of pink either. If you usually find corals too orangey or unnatural looking on the cheeks, this one won't be quite as difficult.

lilinah

It's online now, but all colours say 'coming soon', only two of the nail polishes are available.
Also nobody seems to care much about Beth Ditto, I don't think a lot of people here in Germany will buy from that collection. I can imagine this being the least popular collection of the year.
If you're talking about Casual Colour, it is most certainly in the MAC stores, and doubtless at MAC counters in department stores.

If you've read my posts, you know i've been testing all the colors in my local MAC shop. I'm in the US, but there is an International release date for these as well.

They are definitely not an on-line only product.

bis

If you missed Exxxhibitionist Kissable, that's the color you're going to get, while it looks like a softer, gentler Joie De Vivre on the cheeks (if you missed that one or have it but get tired of having to be careful to blend out the brightness). It's a soft coral with a touch of pink, but not enough for it to read pink at all, but just enough to make it quite neutral and gentle. Very pretty, but I'm actually probably going to skip it because I've got Exxhibitionist plus BUs and plenty of Joie De Vivre left.  Exxhibitionist was my #1 most worn lippie last year, as I've mentioned - it's really effortless but also totally cute and not boring! There's really no need to buy every color in these because some are so similar. Get one or two - that won't break the bank, plus all these colors are very nice for all year 'round - they don't scream SPRING, SUMMER, FALL or anything like that. Not a sharp or bright coral, but not with tons of pink either. If you usually find corals too orangey or unnatural looking on the cheeks, this one won't be quite as difficult. 
Thanks liba :bouquet: I have Exxhibitionist and use it quite a bit during summer, although it's a touch too orange on my lips and I wear it quite sheer.

liba

I have Exxhibitionist and use it quite a bit during summer, although it's a touch too orange on my lips and I wear it quite sheer.
If you find it too orange, this one will be the same pretty much PLUS these are very very opaque on the lips - they don't look heavy, but they don't blot down and sheer out well on their own either. You might actually prefer a color like Have a Lovely Day or Relaxation if you're trying to avoid orangeness, but don't want an obvious pink either (I particularly love Have a Lovely Day on the cheeks, as well as the lips).

duckrodeo

I bought Keep it Casual with Orange Tempura and a BU of Sail La Vie. Donneee with CC now lol. I don't even wanna look at the other colors because I know I will be tempted!

I just got Out For Fun and Keep It Casual since I thought those were the most unique for my stash, particularly Keep It Casual. Sooo rosy and pretty!

liba

I bought Keep it Casual with Orange Tempura and a BU of Sail La Vie. Donneee with CC now lol. I don't even wanna look at the other colors because I know I will be tempted!

I just got Out For Fun and Keep It Casual since I thought those were the most unique for my stash, particularly Keep It Casual. Sooo rosy and pretty!
Keep It Casual will look gorgeous on you. I think Weekend Getaway and Keep It Casual are the two prettiest + "newest" colors in the collection, besides Evening Stroll, which is just completely on its own wavelength.

Relaxation is gorgeous too - but somehow Temptalia's photos were not flattering and made it look much more white-ish and bright pink than it actually looks in person. On me, it's a really awesome MLBB medium tone pink, that's not bright or in your face at all - somewhat like Gem of Roses, but more year round.

bis

If you find it too orange, this one will be the same pretty much PLUS these are very very opaque on the lips - they don't look heavy, but they don't blot down and sheer out well on their own either. You might actually prefer a color like Have a Lovely Day or Relaxation if you're trying to avoid orangeness, but don't want an obvious pink either (I particularly love Have a Lovely Day on the cheeks, as well as the lips).
Yes, Decided to go back to my original list, weekend getaway and have a lovely day. I am good with exhibitionist for the summer. Thanks again :) Now I just need to figure out if we get them here and where.

EekaBoo

Now Out for Fun and Weekend Getaway are calling my name, but I really need to save up for HC! I gotta stay away from swatches.

Anneri

If you're talking about Casual Colour, it is most certainly in the MAC stores, and doubtless at MAC counters in department stores.

If you've read my posts, you know i've been testing all the colors in my local MAC shop. I'm in the US, but there is an International release date for these as well.

They are definitely not an on-line only product.
Naynadine and I are both in Germany, lilinah.

Naynadine, CC is def. available in store, if that's any help for you - let me know if you need a CP if you don't have any store near you!

Richelle83

Just to test it out as a base lip color I used Evening Stroll and Dear Diary on top. I like it! Now I'm plotting to get Weekend Getaway and already ordered Out for Fun!

Don't mind my crazy hair!