MAC Casual Colour discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
My problem mostly is that I'm very shy and kinda scared of people yelling at me or something...Idk. So I never know what to say, and I've never had this kind of situation before. D=
I know how you feel. I used to get uncomfortable with the idea of having to confront people like that, but I guess that eventually, it becomes necessary. I hope you get your order sorted out. Seems ridiculous that they'd give you attitude over this.

Miss Dynamite

I know how you feel. I used to get uncomfortable with the idea of having to confront people like that, but I guess that eventually, it becomes necessary. I hope you get your order sorted out. Seems ridiculous that they'd give you attitude over this.
Yeah...I'm hoping that maybe the person I talked to just had a bad day or something. But they said that it was completely impossible for more than 1 item to be missing from a package because the packages are weighed and stuff. But I don't think the items were stolen along the way because the box had no damage and was still sealed.

bulbasaur359

Yeah...I'm hoping that maybe the person I talked to just had a bad day or something. But they said that it was completely impossible for more than 1 item to be missing from a package because the packages are weighed and stuff. But I don't think the items were stolen along the way because the box had no damage and was still sealed.
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Black box day should be fun not a headache. I hear ya about confrontation as I hate it too. You deserve to get what you paid for and you should tell them that. I would talk to a supervisor as the person on the phone isn't to blame and likely not able to fix it themselves. Whereas a supervisor is paid to fix problems. Good luck and I hope they resolve this for you and some.

MRV

Mac, you know that is not true... When I had my Mac incident earlier this summer, two items were missing from the black box (they had been sold out after my order). One of them was mentioned on the shipping list, but the other one not. But both of them were charged from my account, of course! I called them right away, and they refunded not only the missing items but also the shipping fee! (I am a customer feedback
th_devil.gif
)

sherm

I skipped this collection when it came out but after reading a bit more on it and seeing a blog post on cream blushes for fall/winter I got interested! I picked up Have a Lovely Day in person and ordered Evening Stroll from the Nordstrom website (still waiting to receive it). Have a Lovely Day is a very natural color on me which I love, but I find the texture a bit sticky. I need to play around with my brushes to figure out the best way to apply these.

Miss Dynamite, I hope MAC does right by you—they shouldn't make you feel badly for their mistake. Good luck!!

Miss Dynamite

Well they just replied to me and they still refuse to give me my money back, still pretty much calling me a liar, so Idk what to really do now. =\

OhSoJaded

Well they just replied to me and they still refuse to give me my money back, still pretty much calling me a liar, so Idk what to really do now. =\
Call and demand to talk to a supervisor. I know it's scary (I try to avoid confrontation when possible) but you haven't done anything wrong here!

OctoberViolet

I agree! I hate confrontations as well, but in a case like this you should demand to speak with a supervisor. Customers are always right is how I was trained when I worked for retail and MAC seems like a company that would or should cherish a customer and believe them. At least no sales person or customer service person should claim your lying. That is just foul. Let us know how it works out for you Miss Dynamite. Good luck!
Call and demand to talk to a supervisor. I know it's scary (I try to avoid confrontation when possible) but you haven't done anything wrong here!

Fiberluver

Miss Dynamite,

I've been thinking about your dilemma and I think what you need to do is:

1. Write them a letter of complaint. I'm not kidding - protect your rights. Consumers have rights
  2. Did you write down names of people you talked to? Put those names in letter.
  3. Stand by your claim. Put your foot down.
  4. Remember that the customer is right even though some customers are obnoxious. You are not obnoxious - you just want what you paid for.
  5. Talk to a supervisor: demand to speak with one. You don't have to raise your voice - just be firm.
  6. Keep going up the chain if you do not get the results you want. Don't give up.
  7. Remember that MAC is a company like any other. They want and value your business and hate to lose customers.
  8. Be persistent.

IHTH.

Prettypackages

These are all good ideas. It is hard to believe they are not taking your complaint seriously. I would also stress to them how often you purchase, they don't want to lose a valued customer. I am sorry they are not fixing this, that totally sucks.
How do u like WG??? Its my main regret I did not get, but I have Maidenchant and I thought it was close...
I love it... I thought I could dupe it with pink powder from Bobbi Brown... they are nothing alike.. It is still available on mac us site.

aradhana

i hope you get your stuff Miss Dynamite....you deserve something beyond your order since they've been so rude as well.
i agree with the posters above. i usually get very uncomfortable when having to complain about things like this, but perhaps if speaking to a supervisor doesn't work, you could write a formal letter of complaint.
do you still have the waybill from the courier service? it should indicate the weight of the box....if not maybe if it's fedex or ups you could ask them for that info. lipsticks etc may be small, but they will still add weight to the box!! (proof that your box didn't have items in it...)

Miss Dynamite

i hope you get your stuff Miss Dynamite....you deserve something beyond your order since they've been so rude as well.
i agree with the posters above. i usually get very uncomfortable when having to complain about things like this, but perhaps if speaking to a supervisor doesn't work, you could write a formal letter of complaint.
do you still have the waybill from the courier service? it should indicate the weight of the box....if not maybe if it's fedex or ups you could ask them for that info. lipsticks etc may be small, but they will still add weight to the box!! (proof that your box didn't have items in it...)

MAC told me that my box should have weighed exactly 1 pound and that according to their records, that is what it weighed. But that seems too light to me. So far I've called and talked to a few different people and none of them have been any kind of help at all. I don't understand why I'm getting so much trouble over this...have they become extremely greedy (more than usual) overnight?

bulbasaur359

MAC told me that my box should have weighed exactly 1 pound and that according to their records, that is what it weighed. But that seems too light to me. So far I've called and talked to a few different people and none of them have been any kind of help at all. I don't understand why I'm getting so much trouble over this...have they become extremely greedy (more than usual) overnight?
This is ridiculous. UPS tracking almost always says 1lb. Whether it be 1 lipstick or my big HC haul. Honestly what they are doing is bad CS. If you are a regular shopper from them, they can see that and should just send you your stuff. Ya they worry that you are lying but your experience will put you off of them and your story could affect others decisions to order from them. Now if it was a common thing then ya I could see their concern but if this is the first time then they are being douches and that is not cool. I really hope you can speak with a higher up and get this squared away. Btw, how much money are you out on this? Either way I'd be pissed.

duckrodeo

I agree with UPS and the weight of packages. Just a few weeks ago I ordered the NARS Joie de Vivre blush palette and they sent the samples in a separate box. Both boxes had a tracked weight of 1.00 lb, which is ridiculous since a box with a palette is going to weigh more than a box with just samples in it!

Mac-Guy

This is ridiculous. UPS tracking almost always says 1lb. Whether it be 1 lipstick or my big HC haul. Honestly what they are doing is bad CS. If you are a regular shopper from them, they can see that and should just send you your stuff. Ya they worry that you are lying but your experience will put you off of them and your story could affect others decisions to order from them. Now if it was a common thing then ya I could see their concern but if this is the first time then they are being douches and that is not cool. I really hope you can speak with a higher up and get this squared away. Btw, how much money are you out on this? Either way I'd be pissed.
UPS and other carriers use dimensional weight rather than the actual weight, that's why it says 1 lb. It's a billing technique where the axis dimensions (how much space they take up in the carrier) are heavily taken into account.

OhSoJaded

UPS and other carriers use dimensional weight rather than the actual weight, that's why it says 1 lb. It's a billing technique where the axis dimensions (how much space they take up in the carrier) are heavily taken into account.
Very true. I work at a manufacturing company, and when we ship things out, billing weight often is heavier than actual weight (based on the reasons Mac-Guy stated). It's unfortunate, but that's how UPS does it.