MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I have this one lipstick I don't really like sitting next to the couch so I always have something on my lips, and that way I still get use out of it! *giggle*

xD I tend to use the lippies I don't use as much when I'm sitting around doing nothing, so it kind of defeats the purpose of the lippie! I should just use it. Hahahaha.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I'm on that team for sure! I just always feel guilty & wasteful wiping it off & trying something else...yeah, for no reason
nope.gif
girlhaha.gif

Hahaha, I do the same!
cutey.gif
Because yeah, even when I'm sitting around with the lip color on for no reason, I get bored and want to try another one on!

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
^^ Is this normal behavior, or is this some kinda makeup-obsessed behavior that only we're capable of pulling off?
girlhaha.gif

Um, given that many people don't even where makeup to work, out on the town, etc, I'd say it's the latter.
tong.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I wanted to walk out with something from DE, they didn't have hot frost so i thought i'll try coral poly....it looked orange on me
cry.gif

Yeah too bad about this lippie. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Weird, it looks very red-orangy on me. Too bad you had to send it back.

Yes, it is very orange red on me as well. Its really sad because I love corals and orangey colors but they HATE me.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocking chick
Coral Polyp alone looks awful on me but when I put Splendid l/g on top, the effect is completely different. Perhaps you can give it a try
yes.gif

Good idea.
yes.gif
Too bad I didn't get Splendid though.

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
^^ Is this normal behavior, or is this some kinda makeup-obsessed behavior that only we're capable of pulling off?
girlhaha.gif

Definitely the latter.

I've been exhibiting this sort of behavior since I was a preteen.

I put on make up, especially lipsticks, an innumerable amount of times eeeeeeevery day. I have never, ever in my life, gotten tired or bored with trying out lip combos and doing eyeshadow swatch combos on my hands and arms.

dreamer246

I know, anyway, the best time to experiment is in the comfort of your home!
greengrin.gif
So that provides justification for us makeup addicts.
yes.gif
Besides I don't ever hit pan on anything, I don't feel like I'm "wasting" makeup by putting them on at home.
lol.gif

GlamQueen21

I was going to get Coral Polyp last week but I was afraid that it would look to bright on my lips. I wanted to get Splendid but I'll probably wait for it.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I was going to get Coral Polyp last week but I was afraid that it would look to bright on my lips. I wanted to get Splendid but I'll probably wait for it.

From what I have seen on this thread, you either love or hate Coral Polyp. Hopefully you can try it on your lips before buying it.
smiles.gif

GlamQueen21

Hopefully that I will. It looks so pretty when I saw pics of it in the Product Swatches board. Maybe I'll purchase it soon if they still have it.

Heiaken

I caved in and got the Wisteria trio, I was supposed to save all my money to BBR but the colours were just so me that I couldn't resist it even though tha packaking in still hideous IMO.

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiaken
I caved in and got the Wisteria trio, I was supposed to save all my money to BBR but the colours were just so me that I couldn't resist it even though tha packaking in still hideous IMO.

I thought about you when I got my hands on this trio and saw it IRL!
yes.gif

Heiaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
I thought about you when I got my hands on this trio and saw it IRL!
yes.gif

Aww, that's so sweet
smiles.gif

The colours really are so me, that's why I could get past the hideous packaking.

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Someone bought the last Royal Tour at work so I can't wear it anymore. ;________; I'm so sad.

ssad.gif
I am so sorry! You looked stunning with this trio (well.. you always do but trio was made for you)!
th_cheerup.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
ssad.gif
I am so sorry! You looked stunning with this trio (well.. you always do but trio was made for you)!
th_cheerup.gif

Thanks!! I am IN LOVE WITH IT. I normally dislike purples on me but the soft lavender that was created by mixing Dame's Desire and Climate Blue together is just sooooo gorgeous. :[ I'm gonna miss wearing it to work, but at least that look helped soccer moms know that Dame's colors were wearable.
greengrin.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Thanks!! I am IN LOVE WITH IT. I normally dislike purples on me but the soft lavender that was created by mixing Dame's Desire and Climate Blue together is just sooooo gorgeous. :[ I'm gonna miss wearing it to work, but at least that look helped soccer moms know that Dame's colors were wearable.
greengrin.gif

true.gif
This is an awesome purple trio.

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
greengrin.gif

lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
This is an awesome purple trio.

Shhhh!
shockt.gif
I skipped it and bought Climate Blue as a single e/s *please arrive soon*!
*covers her ears*

Susanne

Quote:

Shhhh!
shockt.gif
I skipped it and bought Climate Blue as a single e/s *please arrive soon*!
*covers her ears*

It will arrive soon!
winkiss.gif