MAC cremesheen+pearl

MACina

Thank you soooooo very much Lisa!!!

They are really very close.....that is great
yahoo.gif

i tried it in a bunch of different lighting. they do look very similar.

lyseD

Back from the counter -- I ended up getting Shanghai Spice -- it was not even on my radar but my SA insisted I try it, Pure Zen -- so gorgeous, and Rising Sun gloss -- just as beautiful as liba said.

I also picked up summer fruit liner which should go well with all three lip products.

sherm

I picked up Coral Bliss and Pagoda today. Had a not so great experience at the counter so I skipped swatching most of them and just went for those two plus the Prep and Prime lip stuff. I hope it's as good as everyone's saying! I'll check out the rest of the collection later, maybe Tuesday when I go to the Style Seeker party at the store. I do think CB might become a staple color for me, I had an aha moment when I tried it on!

liesierre

I picked up Coral Bliss and Pagoda today. Had a not so great experience at the counter so I skipped swatching most of them and just went for those two plus the Prep and Prime lip stuff. I hope it's as good as everyone's saying! I'll check out the rest of the collection later, maybe Tuesday when I go to the Style Seeker party at the store. I do think CB might become a staple color for me, I had an aha moment when I tried it on!
Can I see a pic of someone wearing Pagoda besides T?

I'm definitely going for Floating Lotus, and I want Pagoda too... but I keep talking myself out of needing it now.

liesierre

have you tried allura beauty?
Yeah...I saw those already but I have a hard time figuring out how stuff will look on me from her swatches... my lips are really unpigmented and she puts on everything super sheer and its so close-up that they all kinda look the same...

LadyMisfit

Coral Bliss looks similar to Cut a Caper. Which makes a good thing for whenever I run out of Cut a Caper I'll buy the other since it's perm.

sherm

I'm definitely going for Floating Lotus, and I want Pagoda too... but I keep talking myself out of needing it now.
I'll take some pics for you this weekend! (I work nights so I just got home and it's a little dark, haha) My lips are quite pigmented so I got it to layer with lipsticks but I can definitely show it off in a few different ways. If I can't do pics tomorrow then Sunday for sure.

liesierre

I'll take some pics for you this weekend! (I work nights so I just got home and it's a little dark, haha) My lips are quite pigmented so I got it to layer with lipsticks but I can definitely show it off in a few different ways. If I can't do pics tomorrow then Sunday for sure.
Awesome! thanks!

sherm

Here we go! Sorry it took me so long to get these; I'm still trying to figure out decent lighting for makeup photos in my tiny apartment and haven't quite achieved it yet. Hopefully this gives you an idea of how nice Pagoda is though! I was pleasantly surprised when I put it on over bare lips - I said I bought it for layering but alone it gives my lips a nice lush look without too much color change (since they're naturally cooler-toned).

Bare lips for reference

Pagoda

Coral Bliss - love this for warming up my complexion just a touch, and it hardly looks like I'm wearing lipstick!

Coral Bliss + Pagoda

Shellcat

Coral Bliss looks fab on you!!!

Also like the combo!

Here we go! Sorry it took me so long to get these; I'm still trying to figure out decent lighting for makeup photos in my tiny apartment and haven't quite achieved it yet. Hopefully this gives you an idea of how nice Pagoda is though! I was pleasantly surprised when I put it on over bare lips - I said I bought it for layering but alone it gives my lips a nice lush look without too much color change (since they're naturally cooler-toned).

Bare lips for reference

Pagoda

Coral Bliss - love this for warming up my complexion just a touch, and it hardly looks like I'm wearing lipstick!

Coral Bliss + Pagoda

bulbasaur359

i wonder how close Coral Bliss is to Cut a Caper. I really love my CaC but it's a lustre and those don't last forever. Cremesheens are more opaque right? That's what it seems like so they probably last longer too. I have Ravishing and Crosswires and they aren't as sheer. I am gonna have to get Sunny Seoul as I missed out on Flamingo and I'll likely get Coral Bliss at some point too. I am so glad these are perm.

liesierre

Bare lips for reference

Pagoda

Coral Bliss + Pagoda

Oooh. You're so pretty too!

I likey. I ordered Floating Lotus...and 2 more lipsticks (Shanghai Spice and Pink Pearl Pop)....I might pick up Pagoda with my next order, lol.

mousygiggles

i wonder how close Coral Bliss is to Cut a Caper. I really love my CaC but it's a lustre and those don't last forever. Cremesheens are more opaque right? That's what it seems like so they probably last longer too. I have Ravishing and Crosswires and they aren't as sheer. I am gonna have to get Sunny Seoul as I missed out on Flamingo and I'll likely get Coral Bliss at some point too. I am so glad these are perm.
Though they are cremesheens, they look more like luster or glazes to me. They are not uber pigmented.

bulbasaur359

Though they are cremesheens, they look more like luster or glazes to me. They are not uber pigmented.
Ok cool, thank you. It does look like the pearls are more sheer than the previous cremesheens. But, it probably makes for a more natural everyday lipstick. I am gonna try some of these when my budget allows for it. It has been collection overload lately lol.