MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

cno64

Well, crud!
I wore Approaching Storm over the weekend, and like it very much, though I wouldn't want it to be darker or more brown-toned.
Now, a friend is telling me that I *need* zred Dwarf!
Do I?
I already own Rapturous, Rougette, Berry Boost, Wild 'bout You, So Scarlet.
Is Red Dwarf truly unique?

VampOwl

I already own Rapturous, Rougette, Berry Boost, Wild 'bout You, So Scarlet. Is Red Dwarf truly unique?
You definitely do! I got Red Dwarf instead of Approaching Storm (which is still on my list), and it's a great berry shade. Mac describes it as a "blue pink" which was off putting, but it is far from that. I would describe it as a berry pink red. It is a good every day/every season shade!

xasperadastra

today I got my stuff!!! Narcissus is amazing, it's not sheer at all and it's a magenta purple on me! It's lighter and pinker than Flaunting it (which is also greyer).. I guess it's a shade that can suite everyone!!
Aurora is browner than how I figured it but it's still lovely... it has a pink-platinum (O___O) sheen!!
Azalea Blossom looks great in the pan, but I've not tried it yet.. it's not easy to swatch!!! Maybe with a brush it will show up!! It also has a light sheen.. and it's good since I almost have only matte blushes!

Thia Winter

Today I put Nebula on my lid with Blue/Brown pigment in the crease and Shroom on my browbone...has anyone tried this? It turns out to be an INCREDIBLE deep reverse smoky eye!

PixieDancer

Isn't it!!! It DOES seem to look amazing on many skintones! I LOVE it too!
Haven't even touched my Aurora pigment. I'll have to try it out today maybe.

Today I put Nebula on my lid with Blue/Brown pigment in the crease and Shroom on my browbone...has anyone tried this? It turns out to be an INCREDIBLE deep reverse smoky eye!

missah

Decided to skip Aurora. I have similar colours and I'm saving for a nice pair of bright blue heels.

MACina

That sounds really super pretty!!!!

Nebula is such a nice pigment....I can not say how I am in love with it
heart.gif

2browneyes

Just picked up Narcissus since I wasn't able to get it at Macy's the other day as planned. I love it!!!!!!! Debating whether or not to back it up while there is still more available somewhere. I know once it's gone, it's gone. Decisions, decisions.....

purplerinne

do it...ur gonna kick yourself later if it's gone and you didn't. or if you lose it!! omg....
Just picked up Narcissus since I wasn't able to get it at Macy's the other day as planned. I love it!!!!!!! Debating whether or not to back it up while there is still more available somewhere. I know once it's gone, it's gone. Decisions, decisions.....

Edelmc

Awesome! Style Curve is my favorite, and I just got Narcissus! I also hauled SP pll and CP pigment. I did not get Aurora. I don't think It would look good on me (?). It's nude, cool, pinkish taupe - too many no-nos
ohboy.gif

Was style curve limited? It's stunning!

Does anyone have a rec for a purple liner to go with narcissus

2browneyes

There was a liner called Plum Soft....I love it but I think I've lost mine and it may be discontinued. That would have worked I think. If you have it, try it.

PixieDancer

DEFINITELY BU Narcissus if you LOVE it as much as I do! It's so beautiful and works for everyone I've seen it on. When it's gone, you'll be disappointed not to have it! Especially come Spring and Summer when it will have a totally different look with all the bright colors coming out!