MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

User38

I am totally skipping this collection -- I already have the glosses, and I won't be wearing bright Es for a while
smiles.gif

User38

oh, I do have Going bananas from past collection, Speak louder, shockaholic and Aqua from my testers.. I was going to get Sassy Grass -- but I am dressing in all black now and I just don't want brights on my face or body
ssad.gif

singer82

I'm on the fence with gimmie that lipgloss. I tried If its pink from A+O and it looked horrid on me. Thier both bright pinks. Help
ssad.gif
I'm NC20

Camnagem

So yeah, I caved on the 2 e/s as expected.
graucho.gif

I ordered:

Bold & Brash
Dare To Dare
Gimme That!
So Bad
Ban This!
Sassy Grass
Going Bananas

I wanted a few more of the e/s, but I just couldn't pass up these glosses. I think I might even head out on Thursday and check out the bronzey gloss too, and pick up any back-ups of the others if I "need" them.
sneaky.gif

NeverEnoughMac

Trying to behave since I need money for school stuff for my daughter, birthdays that are coming up and VV. Just snagged Sassy Grass and Bold & Brash. (for now
winks.gif
)

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Will do
yes.gif
I hope it's much better than Aquadisiac. I got Aqua because it's matte, and that's my new favorite shadow texture right now.

Thank you
smiles.gif

I love Aquadisiac! It looks so great on my complexion, I think. I think it has a better texture compared to the other Lustre's. I don't know. I'm always putting it in the crease with Deep Blue Green or one of the shadows from the Love Lace collection (I always mix up the names so I won't even bother trying).

I really want a color like Aqua but I'm afraid it'll be a powdery mess. I got #118 from Mufe and it didn't work at all. So pigmented when swatched and on the brush, but on my eye it looked like I had been wearing it all day without primer. Bummer.

PinkBasset

I love Aquadisiac too! In fact, it is my favorite aqua/teal eyeshadow.
yes.gif
It doesn't behave at all like the bad lustres do.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Neither- just regular free shipping. It's looks like they've taken the money out already, but STILL- 4 hours later and no confirmation.
nope.gif
I know they prioritize overnight/2nd day though, so while I'm worried, I'm not surprised.

If you placed an order after 11am EST, they will send you an e-mail confirmation in 1-2 business days. Sometimes I get an e-mail confirmation the next day or within the 2nd day after I placed my order after 11am since I'm always placing my order in the evening time.

shontay07108

I placed my order just after one and they sent confirmation and they took the money out of my account. I chose 2nd day shipping. I'm hoping I get my package by Thursday like I did the last time.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohshnappp
Does anyone know how Sassy Grass compares to Kelly (PRO)?

i already posted comparison swatches.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohshnappp
Does anyone know how Sassy Grass compares to Kelly (PRO)?

There was a comparison swatch earlier in this thread, unfortunately I don't remember what page it's on. SG is bolder and more pigmented, but they are almost the same green shade, atleast what could be told from the picture.

Flaminbird

Thanks for all the very kind thoughts everyone! It makes me really feel like I have some friends here. I ended up crying over the whole thing and didnt want to go to work today. I felt I wasnt able to do it as bad as yesterday was. When I got to work I saw the guy who trained me in driving and he always calls me "trouble" jokingly so I started to tell him what all happened yesterday. He said that the courier I was with should've stepped in WAYYY ahead of time when he saw how far behind we were and told Dispatch to take some of the on calls off. They said he did stuff all wrong with me and he never should've been pushing that 900 truck on me. My instructor told me just as I told him that I'm not certified to drive it. He told me that I should'nt be with someone like that and he'd go tell a manager about it. I saw the lousy courier, James and I knew he could tell I was upset. I didnt really talk to him at all and told him it wasnt a good day. A manager I know came over to him and said "you're on another route" and told him the number then told me I was going to have another guy riding with me that just came back to work to train as a courier again. He also told me what happened yesterday shouldnt have happened and they want to ease me into the route not bombard me. He also said they'd take stops off of me so I would have an easier route. I was so happy that it seemed someone cared. I'm glad I spoke up! SO today was sooooo much easier! The guy that rode with me was so nice and so helpful. I didnt feel stressed at all! I actually enjoyed my day! I got back to the station around 8:15 or so which was good and I was home by 9. I even had a 24 minute time of no stops today because I'd finished all the ones that were open and had to wait for the next one to open. Thanks again everyone I really appreciate your kind words!!

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
That's exactly why I skipped Zingy even though I love that color.

Please let me know how Aqua works out. I can't seem to get an answer, especially from women of color.

For whatever it is worth, I got to swatch it a few weeks ago and it was a bit chalky.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
I'm on the fence with gimmie that lipgloss. I tried If its pink from A+O and it looked horrid on me. Thier both bright pinks. Help
ssad.gif
I'm NC20

It is almost identical to Fafi Fun N Sexy in lipgloss form. Can not tell them apart when swatched.
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif

monter

i know there's been swatches, but those aren't always 100% reliable - any in person thoughts on louder, please v. passionate? the comparisons between zingy and electric eel and crazy cool and beautiful iris have helped me cut those off my list...

i just took the first day of the illinois bar exam (tomorrow is day two, and omg am i ready to be FINISHED already - i want my life back
ssad.gif
) - so i need to do a little shopping therapy.

i'm definitely going to get going bananas (the only yellow i have is the bright sunshine dupe from HIP - everything else i have that's even remotely close is gold or chartreuse), sassy grass, and shock-o-holic. definitely getting bold and brash and gimme that too. i actually checked the macy's on michigan avenue/water tower after i got out of my testing, but the guy there first looked at me like i was crazy, and then told me that dare to wear doesn't come out for a couple more weeks. :eyeroll:

i was debating zingy, but i have electric eel and never wear it anymore (used to when i was a blonde - now that i'm a brunette, never ever). thought about aqua, but i'd rather get a pro pan anyway (and i have haunting and never wear it). was almost definitely going to get crazy cool, but i'm so broke and i already have beautiful iris - can't justify it.

the rest, if i want them (sky blue i think i do, and lime) i will get from the pro store at some point.

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
i know there's been swatches, but those aren't always 100% reliable - any in person thoughts on louder, please v. passionate?

I'm no help making the comparison, but I will say that Erin's big swatch of louder, please in the swatch thread is extremely color accurate.

singer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorqueen
It is almost identical to Fafi Fun N Sexy in lipgloss form. Can not tell them apart when swatched.
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif

Thanks so much for that That elminates it from my list. Its just too bright for me. My wallet thanks you
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
Layla darlin, it can take a few days for you to get an order confirmation -- it has taken me 3 to 4 for stuff from HK... don't worry
smiles.gif

Thanks for settling my nerves
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
If you placed an order after 11am EST, they will send you an e-mail confirmation in 1-2 business days. Sometimes I get an e-mail confirmation the next day or within the 2nd day after I placed my order after 11am since I'm always placing my order in the evening time.

That's the thing- I put in my order at 5:31 my time (8:31 EST) and STILL- 17 hours later, no conformation.
nope.gif
But, the money is out of my account, so I'm not too worried. Hopefully I will get the confirmation tomorrow morning.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Thanks for settling my nerves
smiles.gif

That's the thing- I put in my order at 5:31 my time (8:31 EST) and STILL- 17 hours later, no conformation.
nope.gif
But, the money is out of my account, so I'm not too worried. Hopefully I will get the confirmation tomorrow morning.

I didn't really follow your earlier posts, but did you check your junk mail? I placed my order this afternoon, and the confirmation email came within a few minutes. They didn't take the money out yet, though
nope.gif
Kinda weird.