MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

ARmakeupjunkie

I finally got around to placing my order!
tong.gif
I have to admit, I went a little crazy with the lipglass!!
cutey.gif

Ban This!(2)
Bold & Brash(2)
Dare To Dare
Gimme That!(2)
Louder Please
Sassy Grass
Shock-a-holic
Lime

I was going to wait and pick up Lime in a pro pan but since I have no clue when I will be near a pro store again, I decided to order!

Flaminbird

I'm so upset over my first day yesterday that I don't even want any of this collection
ssad.gif
. I had the worst day as a courier! First there were no trucks because they got slammed with deliveries of Redskin tickets so all the AM couriers were still out. The courier that was going to ride with me was somewhat of a smartass I guess because he doesnt like my b/f who used to be his boss and wanted me to drive the biggest truck there, a 900 because it was the only one available 30 minutes after I got there. I'm not trained to drive that truck and I'm only allowed to drive the middle sized one called a 700. I had to go to a manager and tell them that he was trying to force me to drive the 900 and they told him no I wasnt to drive that! Then he wouldnt share his "blue bucket" we have to carry our printer and other items in but he was told he had to because I wouldnt get mine till Friday. So then he tells me that Dispatch screwed me over with 12 extra oncalls and 3 stops that are another route out of our way. I was told in class and by other couriers that dispatch doesnt send oncalls to new people for awhile so I didnt know what was going on and he wasnt any help. We got out of the station 40 minutes late and I dispatch kept sending more on calls and other stops out of our area. I said to him what's going on and he said "well can you handle all these stops" I said I dont know....this is my first day...can we make it back in time to the station" I mean come on how am I suppose to know???? He kept reassuring me we'd make it back with at least an hour to spare. Finally after a couple hours he said he thinks dispatch didnt know it wasnt him running the route and that it was me. Why didnt he tell dispatch? I swear he was just doing all of that on purpose and it made me so mad! Well as it turned out I was the last truck in and BARELY made it. I didnt get in till 9:10 and got home at 10pm. Also I didnt know alot of the roads we had to do these extra on calls at and he wouldnt tell me where to turn until right as we got to the road
ssad.gif

I'm going to talk to my manager today about yesterday but I dont even want to go in after what happened
ssad.gif
. I feel embarrassed that I was so late but I know it wasnt all due to me.

Gonzajuju

My wish list is all of the shadows but since I have to save for Fab Felines I want: bananas, aqua, zingy and sassy grass

lilMAClady

I hope everything goes better Flaminbird! I would definitely tell the managers what happend and try to get a new partner!
smiles.gif

Good Luck!

LittleMaryJane

Sorry you had a bad day, Flaminbird
ssad.gif
I had a shitty day at work yesterday too and so I feel for you. Try to remember it won't always be so difficult, soon you'll have the hang of it. That's what everyone keeps telling me anyway (no it hasn't actually helped me
winks.gif
) but it's true.
th_cheerup.gif

ARmakeupjunkie

Flaminbird, you have nothing to be embarrassed about! It was your first day and the guy you were with sounds like a dick!! Hugs girly!!
th_hug.gif

banana1234

now im torn cos y'all saying aqua instead of sky blue. does anyone already have aqua? can u swatch it next to aquadisiac/haunting anyone please?
ssad.gif

maybe i should just get both!

bis

FlaminBird
th_hug.gif

Try to stay positive, I hope it will get uphill from there. And do not let them talk you down
smiles.gif

sss215

I think I am just hauling Sassy Grass and Louder, Please and maybe going bananas if it swatches on my eye like i like. Has anyone used it/seen it on NW45 or darker skin?

LMD84

th_hug.gif
sorry you had a bad day Michelle.

i'm pleased you US guys canb get your goodies!
smiles.gif
can't wait for swatches!!

Face2Mac

I ordered Sass, Shock-a-holic (purple addict) and Free to Be.

I want to order Going Bananas but everytime I wear yellow on my eyes, DH says I looked jaundiced.

TeresitaMC

Oooooh I am so jealous of those of you who are getting Shock-A-Holic!
tong.gif
I'm not able to buy ANYthing. I want that e/s bad
greengrin.gif
heart.gif

elektra513

Yay! Just ordered:
Lime
Aqua
Going Bananas
Sassy Grass
Gimme That!
So Bad

At the last minute I took of the list Crazy Cool and Zingy bc I already have Beautiful Iris, and I have Electric Eel and MUFE #72.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Yay! Just ordered:
Lime
Aqua
Going Bananas
Sassy Grass
Gimme That!
So Bad

At the last minute I took of the list Crazy Cool and Zingy bc I already have Beautiful Iris, and I have Electric Eel and MUFE #72.

That's exactly why I skipped Zingy even though I love that color.

Please let me know how Aqua works out. I can't seem to get an answer, especially from women of color.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108

Please let me know how Aqua works out. I can't seem to get an answer, especially from women of color.

Will do
yes.gif
I hope it's much better than Aquadisiac. I got Aqua because it's matte, and that's my new favorite shadow texture right now.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
now im torn cos y'all saying aqua instead of sky blue. does anyone already have aqua? can u swatch it next to aquadisiac/haunting anyone please?
ssad.gif

maybe i should just get both!

I can swatch Aqua with Aquadisiac for you (I don't have Haunting, but was there any other shade you might want to see it next to that I might have?).
yes.gif
I'll take the pictures tomorrow if it's okay with you, it's now too dark here to take them without flash.

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Yay! Just ordered:
Lime
Aqua
Going Bananas
Sassy Grass
Gimme That!
So Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108

I too have both #72 and Electric Eel... Thanks to you two ladies Im totally giving Zingy the skip... Now my list stands at :
Louder, Please
Sassy Grass
Shock-o-holic
Ban This! l/g
Gimme That l/g

I have easy access to a Pro store so I will get Lime and Aqua in pan form.

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
It's been an hour and a half since I placed my order and no confirmation.... Should I be worried? I got my A+O one immediately..... I'm scared....
cry.gif

Layla darlin, it can take a few days for you to get an order confirmation -- it has taken me 3 to 4 for stuff from HK... don't worry
smiles.gif