MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

Anneri

Today I wore a nice look with Silverthorn ion the lid, Zingy in the crease, some random black e/s in the outer v and Dazzlelight as a highlight.

Very pretty, and Zingy was a dream to apply, even though it swatched quite chalky on my hand.

Very happy with the shadows from this collection - no chance to wear b&b yet!
smiles.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by allThingsGirl
anyone successful with depotting sassy grass WITH the heat method?

Like I said in an earlier post I did using my frying pan on my stove it came up like butta lol no cracks or chips it is perfect.

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
Like I said in an earlier post I did using my frying pan on my stove it came up like butta lol no cracks or chips it is perfect.

lol @ frying pan!
th_LMAO.gif
please do a tutorial on this method.. I have never had any success depotting and therefor don't but if this works, I will fry em up
winks.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
Pretty restrained considering I was gonna buy everything a week ago.. although I'm kicking myself for not getting Ban This! but I just think it'd be a bit scary on NW15 skin :S

I'm NW15 and I am completely in love with Ban This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
laylalovesmac I'm sorry you had troubles with the B2M at every store! I wonder why they are all being that way? I don't get how they wont take the depots back for us
ssad.gif

IDK.
weeping.gif
I'm just going to send them in online, I think. I already filled out the forms.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I also prefer to depot by going at it like a maniac with my wirecutters
th_LMAO.gif
I've had one damaged eyeshadow incident but it wasn't bad. I watched a tutorial on youtube for going the heat-route and it just looked more complicated to me
th_dunno.gif

I have a bunchhhh of shadows at home ready for depotting and I'm looking forward to sitting down with them and gettin' to it-- I like depotting
smiles.gif

I love depotting- I find it fun. But, I don't do it anymore, because if I can't see the shadows, I don't use them. Mine will stay in pots. At least until I have too many....
blush-anim-cl.gif

Finally got a good chunk of time to play around with Ban This! and I am absolutely in love! It is gorgeous! Sheer it turns a berry color on me, and applied heavily, it is that true red-purple with blue shimmer. I really am completely in love with this! I am contemplating another b/u. Plus, I love the formula. The tacky feeling but my lips don't stick together and my hair doesn't stick in it. They also last forever and you really don't need a lot!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I also prefer to depot by going at it like a maniac with my wirecutters
th_LMAO.gif
I've had one damaged eyeshadow incident but it wasn't bad. I watched a tutorial on youtube for going the heat-route and it just looked more complicated to me
th_dunno.gif

I have a bunchhhh of shadows at home ready for depotting and I'm looking forward to sitting down with them and gettin' to it-- I like depotting
smiles.gif

Yesssss, but the heat method gratifies my inner pyro so well--and I get the advantage of interesting effects from the fumes (not really)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
ohh man! i'm so glad i'm not the only one who enjoys depotting!
greengrin.gif

It satisfies my inner pyro and my not so inner OCD tendencies--two birds

AndSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac

IDK.
weeping.gif
I'm just going to send them in online, I think. I already filled out the forms.
yes.gif

I love depotting- I find it fun. But, I don't do it anymore, because if I can't see the shadows, I don't use them. Mine will stay in pots. At least until I have too many....
blush-anim-cl.gif

Finally got a good chunk of time to play around with Ban This! and I am absolutely in love! It is gorgeous! Sheer it turns a berry color on me, and applied heavily, it is that true red-purple with blue shimmer. I really am completely in love with this! I am contemplating another b/u. Plus, I love the formula. The tacky feeling but my lips don't stick together and my hair doesn't stick in it. They also last forever and you really don't need a lot!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Oooh, awesome.. I may just have to reconsider..
drools.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Is there any chance you can do a swatch or a picture of it on your lips?

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
Yesssss, but the heat method gratifies my inner pyro so well

Better than just lighting a whole box of matches!
winkiss.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
Oooh, awesome.. I may just have to reconsider..
drools.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Is there any chance you can do a swatch or a picture of it on your lips?

I'm still camera shy
blush-anim-cl.gif
but I did just post a small swatch in the swatch thread!

AndSparkle

Quote:
I'm still camera shy
blush-anim-cl.gif
but I did just post a small swatch in the swatch thread!

Ooh awesome, I'll have a look now thanks.. and as for camera shy, I sooooo know what you mean..
yes.gif

Larrabee

Quote:

Me too!

Quote:
Finally got a good chunk of time to play around with Ban This! and I am absolutely in love! It is gorgeous! Sheer it turns a berry color on me, and applied heavily, it is that true red-purple with blue shimmer. I really am completely in love with this!

Same on every point. I really, really love it.

I almost didn't even get it because when I went to buy it, they accidentally gave me Dare to Dare, which I ended up liking. I was only going to get one... but then I broke down and bought Ban This! anyway because it looked awesome, and I'm glad I did.
heart.gif

Dare to Dare is also great. It's interesting without being too crazy.
smiles.gif

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
WTF!!! YES!!!
angry.gif

Quote:
When did you go!?

Quote:
Also who'd you speak with @ North Star?

I went Friday and I spoke with a male retailer. When I start depotting my eyeshadows and take them to the MAC store, I'll ask to see if they take depots. Even though they are suppose to accept them no matter what.

EDIT://
I just received Going Bananas e/s! It's so pretty! It's nothing like Crest The Wave e/s!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrabee
Me too!

Same on every point. I really, really love it.

I almost didn't even get it because when I went to buy it, they accidentally gave me Dare to Dare, which I ended up liking. I was only going to get one... but then I broke down and bought Ban This! anyway because it looked awesome, and I'm glad I did.
heart.gif

It may be my fave gloss of all time!
jawdrop.gif

If it is still on the website when I make my next deposit, I will be getting another b/u. And I will be praying they bring it back eventually.
yes.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
lol @ frying pan!
th_LMAO.gif
please do a tutorial on this method.. I have never had any success depotting and therefor don't but if this works, I will fry em up
winks.gif

Glad you got a kick out of it
smiles.gif
Next time I depot Ill try to make a tut for it. If your interested and cant wait for me then you could always check youtube I am sure there are some vids there. Good Luck

cbh02b

I got So Bad and Dare to Dare..I thought that Dare to Dare would for sure be my favorite but I think So Bad is! I think its because I don't have anything really like that color in gloss form. I am really loving the formula on this gloss too!!

sailordom

OK, I need help! I have no idea what to pair with Sassy Grass.
th_dunno.gif

It's very bright, and I've been admiring it in its little pot, but I don't know what to do with it! My eyes are very dark brown (as in, so dark that someone asked me a couple weeks ago if I had on those Lady Gaga contact lenses), and I have medium brown hair and NC 25 skin. So that green will POP, which I think is part of why I don't quite know how to wear it.
smiles.gif

In the meantime, though, I've worn Going Bananas almost every day since Thursday.
love.gif
I'm often wary of yellow, but does this ever make my eyes look bright and wide awake! So glad I bought it!

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
OK, I need help! I have no idea what to pair with Sassy Grass.
th_dunno.gif

It's very bright, and I've been admiring it in its little pot, but I don't know what to do with it! My eyes are very dark brown (as in, so dark that someone asked me a couple weeks ago if I had on those Lady Gaga contact lenses), and I have medium brown hair and NC 25 skin. So that green will POP, which I think is part of why I don't quite know how to wear it.
smiles.gif

In the meantime, though, I've worn Going Bananas almost every day since Thursday.
love.gif
I'm often wary of yellow, but does this ever make my eyes look bright and wide awake! So glad I bought it!

You could put a purple in the crease/V or Carbon. You could also use a lighter green on the lid and SG on the crease. A look I've done with Wondergrass which would be similar.....I used Golden Lemon on the inner 1/3 of the lids then Wondergrass on the middle and Bang on Blue on the outer 1/3 with like Brule on the brow.
greengrin.gif