MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am not sure if this has been posted or not, but this blog shows a swatch of Shock-a-holic and Sugarpill Poison Plum. They look nearly identical to me. I have PP and love it. It is a dream to work with...

Dare To Wear Show and Tell Vintage or Tacky

they do look alike, but shock o holic looks nothing like MUFE #92. MUFE is more blue and cooler.

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
OK, I need help! I have no idea what to pair with Sassy Grass.
th_dunno.gif

It's very bright, and I've been admiring it in its little pot, but I don't know what to do with it! My eyes are very dark brown (as in, so dark that someone asked me a couple weeks ago if I had on those Lady Gaga contact lenses), and I have medium brown hair and NC 25 skin. So that green will POP, which I think is part of why I don't quite know how to wear it.
smiles.gif

In the meantime, though, I've worn Going Bananas almost every day since Thursday.
love.gif
I'm often wary of yellow, but does this ever make my eyes look bright and wide awake! So glad I bought it!

Pairing it with other greens is gorgeous I wore it the other day with Juxt -inner corner lucky green- on lid and sassy grass- in the crease. I find you can pair green with anything you want. Look at nature green is with everything
smiles.gif
There are flowers of every color and you can find them with what....a green stem and leaves pick a color you like you could surprise yourself.

Hypathya

OMG!! Spent must of the afternoon catching up with this one!!
thud.gif

But now I'm joining the fun!!
th_DANCE.gif

I hope this one arrives here this week!!
choochoo.gif
I can't no longer wait for SS or GB.
greengrin.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I went Friday and I spoke with a male retailer. When I start depotting my eyeshadows and take them to the MAC store, I'll ask to see if they take depots. Even though they are suppose to accept them no matter what.

EDIT://
I just received Going Bananas e/s! It's so pretty! It's nothing like Crest The Wave e/s!

Freaking victory!
th_DANCE.gif

They took my depots cause they know my face!
Gabe offered to ask Lisa about trading in Going in Bananas-but I didn't want it--so she let me do a trade in one of the last Go For It lipsticks!
yes.gif

The new B2M policy is shitacular! You can't trade in for anything limited edition!?! What the fuck!? Where's your money going Estee Lauder!? Who's pockets is that dinero sliding in!?

The freaking accountant who thought sizing down pigments and warping this B2M policy deserves to be found and very, very disappeared!
girl_devil.gif
girl_devil.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
they do look alike, but shock o holic looks nothing like MUFE #92. MUFE is more blue and cooler.

Now what about shock in comparison to Sugarpill Cosmetic's Poison Plum?

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Freaking victory!
th_DANCE.gif

They took my depots cause they know my face!
Gabe offered to ask Lisa about trading in Going in Bananas-but I didn't want it--so she let me do a trade in one of the last Go For It lipsticks!
yes.gif

The new B2M policy is shitacular! You can't trade in for anything limited edition!?! What the fuck!? Where's your money going Estee Lauder!? Who's pockets is that dinero sliding in!?

The freaking accountant who thought sizing down pigments and warping this B2M policy deserves to be found and very, very disappeared!
girl_devil.gif
girl_devil.gif

You really can't B2M for anything LE???? Shit. There goes my plan for TT...
angry.gif

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215

For this reason, I went back and ordered Shock-a-holic. Waiting anxiously for MAC to ship already
drools.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
angry.gif

I think you should be able to B2M for LE shadow if it's in a regular packaging. Special packaging doesn't apply for B2M.
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
I think you should be able to B2M for LE shadow if it's in a regular packaging. Special packaging doesn't apply for B2M.
yes.gif

God I hope so!
cutey.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i hope that i can wear bold and brash to work... it doesn't appear to be a completely in your face red from swatches.... but who knows in real life!
tong.gif

its basically russian red lipstick/lipglass in super glittery form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetwater
They contain more product than even the regular lip glasses so they should last a good while. I think it has about 3 times as much product as the dazzleglasses.

uh, it has the same weight as lipglass, but nowhere near the same amount of product. and it weighs more than dazzleglass, but again, it has alot less product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
The new B2M policy is shitacular! You can't trade in for anything limited edition!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
angry.gif

yes you can!!! it just can't have special packaging of any kind now, designer or not.

tell them to look in the back of their fall update books, page 95 to be exact. it specifically says YES to LE basic business (which means LE in the regular black packaging).

its in black & white (and purple) for every location to see!

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
For this reason, I went back and ordered Shock-a-holic. Waiting anxiously for MAC to ship already
drools.gif

Maybe I should go swatching Shock-a-holic and MUFE #92.
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
yes you can!!! it just can't have special packaging of any kind now, designer or not.

tell them to look in the back of their fall update books, page 95 to be exact. it specifically says YES to LE basic business (which means LE in the regular black packaging).

Page 95... Got it!
cutey.gif
Thanks, Erin!
heart.gif

LMD84

i am so impatient! i only ordered my stuff yesterday but want it right now! why didn't i pay for next day shipping??!!
mac_addict.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

erin, does that apply to the UK too?

Quote:
i am so impatient! i only ordered my stuff yesterday but want it right now! why didn't i pay for next day shipping??!!
mac_addict.gif

because you got free shipping for spending over £50
tong.gif
bargain!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
EDIT://
I just received Going Bananas e/s! It's so pretty! It's nothing like Crest The Wave e/s!

No, not at all! I prefer Going Bananas
smiles.gif

Cerydwen

Can anyone tell me how long MAC usually take to ship orders - I ordered yesterday morning, before this collection was properly up on the website, by searching for the individual items on MAC's website. They sent a confirmation email, which said they would email when the order had been shipped - this email has not yet arrived and now I'm panicking in case my order didn't go through properly because the collection wasn't fully 'on-line' when I placed the order
ssad.gif

I know I'm probably worrying over nothing
smash.gif
, but if anyone can reassure me regarding MAC's usual timeframes for dispatching orders I'd be very grateful.
th_kiss.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerydwen
Can anyone tell me how long MAC usually take to ship orders - I ordered yesterday morning, before this collection was properly up on the website, by searching for the individual items on MAC's website. They sent a confirmation email, which said they would email when the order had been shipped - this email has not yet arrived and now I'm panicking in case my order didn't go through properly because the collection wasn't fully 'on-line' when I placed the order
ssad.gif

I know I'm probably worrying over nothing
smash.gif
, but if anyone can reassure me regarding MAC's usual timeframes for dispatching orders I'd be very grateful.
th_kiss.gif

i'm in the same boat - don't worry about it! basically, it's paperwork. your order has more than likely been processed and is being put together/sent to DHL and should arrive tomorrow or friday
smiles.gif

Soul Unique

Quote:
mac_addict.gif

th_LMAO.gif
I hear ya! I did think about doing that myself - but as the saying good things come to those who wait. Mind you, I keep checking my account to see if my order has been dispatched.

Hopefully we'll meet the delivery man tomorrow!
th_DANCE.gif