MAC - Digi Pops Discussion

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I used to own Date Night and Funtabulous and I love them! I would so get Funtabulous again someday!

If I'm not mistaken, both Date Night and Funtabulous are permanent shades.
I only wish Boys Go Crazy were!
By the way, that photo doesn't begin to do justice to the sparkling amethyst gorgeousness that is Boys Go Crazy.
I'm not a boy, but it makes me go crazy!
th_crazy.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
Creme Allure is my favorite dazzleglass creme- is that the one you are thinking of?

Nope, the one I was thinking of is Totally Fab.
As for Rue, it *is* very sheer, but I love the sparkle of it, and the fact that it's more of a true red than Love Alert.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
If I'm not mistaken, both Date Night and Funtabulous are permanent shades.
I only wish Boys Go Crazy were!
By the way, that photo doesn't begin to do justice to the sparkling amethyst gorgeousness that is Boys Go Crazy.
I'm not a boy, but it makes me go crazy!
th_crazy.gif

Yeah I know that they are both permanet and what I meant to say was I would love to purchase them again since they are gorgeous! I almost ordered Funtabulous online since I fell in love with it especially when used with Violetta.

cno64

Quote:
I would love to purchase them again since they are gorgeous! I almost ordered Funtabulous online since I fell in love with it especially when used with Violetta.

Same here!
The second I get low on either of them, an order is going off to MAC!
mac_haul.gif

I'm pretty certain, though, that Boys Go Crazy has grabbed the title of "My Favorite Purple-toned Dazzleglass."
I'll continue to wear and enjoy all threee!
th_DANCE.gif
team_purple.gif

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Same here!
The second I get low on either of them, an order is going off to MAC!
mac_haul.gif

I'm pretty certain, though, that Boys Go Crazy has grabbed the title of "My Favorite Purple-toned Dazzleglass."
I'll continue to wear and enjoy all threee!
th_DANCE.gif
team_purple.gif

team_purple.gif
YAY! Makes me want to order Funtabulous right now and I have Boys Go Crazy to be delivered on Tuesday!

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Nope, the one I was thinking of is Totally Fab.
As for Rue, it *is* very sheer, but I love the sparkle of it, and the fact that it's more of a true red than Love Alert.

Just looked at a swatch, I remember wanting to go back for Totally Fab but never got around to it. Guess I'll add it to the list.

cno64

Quote:
team_purple.gif
YAY! Makes me want to order Funtabulous right now and I have Boys Go Crazy to be delivered on Tuesday!

If you like purple, and wear it fairly often, I think you'd be completely justified in owning both (How's that for enabling?).
Funtabulous and Boys Go Crazy are *totally* different!
Boys Go Crazy is amethyst, while Funtabulous is more of a violet shade.
Funtabulous is lighter, and more pink, while Boys Go Crazy is deeper, and more blue.
On the brush, Boys Go Crazy looks almost like blackberry jam with blue sparkles, though it doesn't look that dark on the lips.
Just get both.
I'm so excited that you're getting Boys Go Crazy; I think you'll really love it!
thmbup.gif

shontay07108

Can anyone direct me to a picture of a brown girl or a girl with pigmented lips wearing liquid luxe? I can't stop thinking about this thing, but I can't bring myself to buy it w/o seeing it on someone like myself first.

cno64

Quote:
I so cannot wait to receive it!

I'm excited to hear what you think of Boys Go Crazy!
If you're underwhelmed, it won't hurt my feelings at all if you say so, but I think you'll love it.
I wore it yesterday, and kept foolishly admiring its similarity to the amethyst in the ring I was wearing.
th_crazy2.gif

marajode

*closes eye to this Boys Go Crazy talk*
I never saw it in person. Of course, being the nut that I am, I want to now.
dang it!!

Has anyone backed up Liquid Lurex or Hellraiser?
I ended up with 6 of the Digi lipsticks (I got Lurex in the Felines though). Of them, I love Lurex and Hellraiser. The rest not so much. But I LOVE those two. Liquid Lurex is such a beautiful chameleon. I've tried it with just about every lipliner, and it gives a completely different look with each one. It's like having a zillion colors in one tube. And over other lippies? so fun. Hellraiser is similar in that, but Liquid Lurex beats it by just a smidge in my book.

Totally one of my favorite lipsticks of my collection.
yes.gif

marajode

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Can anyone direct me to a picture of a brown girl or a girl with pigmented lips wearing liquid luxe? I can't stop thinking about this thing, but I can't bring myself to buy it w/o seeing it on someone like myself first.

I think it would look awesome on your skintone, honestly.
Besides, like I said in the post above (didn't see your LL question), it is very versatile in color, completely changes depending on what is under it. But it's gorgeous on it's own.
When I was at the Feline counter, the MA suggested it to me (I was trying to decide on a B2M). I kind of brushed her off, but ended up getting it. Now I see why she says she gets compliments on it whenever she wears it.

cno64

Quote:
I received Boys Go Crazy d/g and it's the most gorgeous amethyst color that I have laid my eyes on!!!!

thmbup.gif

Wonderful!
I'm so glad you were able to get it!
If it ever reappears on the Nordstrom site, I'm going to be sorely tempted to buy more ...
nonono.gif

BadBadGirl

I wonder if the dazzle lipsticks are considered a hit to MAC. I guess on 2011 we'll see how many collections they will be repromoted with, if they are repromoted at all.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
I wonder if the dazzle lipsticks are considered a hit to MAC. I guess on 2011 we'll see how many collections they will be repromoted with, if they are repromoted at all.

The Dazzle formula is a hit with me, but I'm only one person.
th_dunno.gif

I'd love to see more Dazzle shades, like a deep purple, a brighter red, a clear rose ...

LittleMaryJane

I'd like some new dazzle lippies to come out. I like them a lot but not all the colors were interesting enough for me... Let me see more!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I'd like some new dazzle lippies to come out. I like them a lot but not all the colors were interesting enough for me... Let me see more!

I agree!
I really want that medium to deep purple(think Violetta or Go For It).
A berry red (a color like Rapturous Mattene) would be great, too.

cno64

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently there is no way to dupe Boys Go Crazy Dazzleglass, at least as far as MAC is concerned.
I wasn't really hopeful, but, just to be sure, I chatted with a MAC artist, and for some weird reason she seemed to think I wanted pink.
She asked me if I'd ever tried Pink Poodle lipglass, and once that was out of the way, she said that Plus Luxe Plushglass would be the closest color match.
Somewhere along the line, she did mention Funtabulous Dazzleglass, which, while it's a lot closer than Pink Poodle, is unfortunately not a dupe for Boys Go Crazy.
I finally just cyber-sighed, and said that I guess I'll just have to stretch what I have ...
sigh.gif

I'm going to keep looking, though ...